Grantham_Mariner
May 25, 2015, 6:18pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +23 / -1
Approval: +3,184
Gold Stars: 51
Quoted from fiveallive
Jamie Chandler, Craig Clay, Scott Brown and Craig Disley would be a very good centre midfield pairing with also young Josh Venney. 2 younger players Chandler and Clay with older players Brown and Disley gives us enough rotaition over the season.

I would say the 2 players signing are Pittman and Disley but thats a guess.

Might be good for a 433 formation as well?

If the football is bad you can always watch the gulls.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 64
chaos33
May 25, 2015, 8:02pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,929
Gold Stars: 357
I could be wrong, but I really don't expect to see Hurst playing 4-3-3 next season.

I've heard the Chandler story before but was told that it was more a case that the player wanted to play for us rather than we wanted to sign him. I don't really agree that a midfield 4 of Disley, Clay, Brown and Chandler would be 'very good'. I hope Disley resigns, and I think Clay is decent but needs to come on a bit in terms of assists and goals, but I think we need two more centre midfielders who are better than Brown and Chandler. Just my view. For me, Brown is erratic, hot headed, wasteful with the ball, and inconsistent, although not without some good attributes. Chandler brings aggression, presence and passing ability, but I'd like to see us add some pace, presence and skill.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 64
Garth
May 25, 2015, 8:18pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,921
Gold Stars: 26
I think there is more mileage in Clay being an aggressive ball playing midfield player that we require than Brown, who seems very predictable in his movements to me as apposed to Clays more smooth passing ability
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 64
Hagrid
May 25, 2015, 8:27pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,384
Gold Stars: 532
Try and remember we are a conference team! You cant have the best in every position. But for what its worth i dont rate chandler at all
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 64
WOZOFGRIMSBY
May 25, 2015, 8:28pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,816
Gold Stars: 178
Ben Parker from guiseley was the left back I heard we were interested in?

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 64
jamesgtfc
May 25, 2015, 8:29pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,955
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from Garth
I think there is more mileage in Clay being an aggressive ball playing midfield player that we require than Brown, who seems very predictable in his movements to me as apposed to Clays more smooth passing ability

That touch at Wembley to cut inside before playing in Pitman was brilliant. Think we will see a lot more of "the worst signing ever" next year.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 64
fiveallive
May 25, 2015, 8:39pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +11 / -3
Approval: +229
Gold Stars: 5
Ben Parker has a decent pedigree and will be a hungry player to play for a club like us in a way playing for teams like Leeds and Bradford he come in and not be effected by the our crowd when things get tense, we need extra cover at LB with hopefully Gregor Robertson and either Fitzpatrick or Parker or anybody different we have apprently been linked with them.

I would of preferred Sean Newton but Wrexham have took him and took a good player at this level.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 64
psgmariner
May 25, 2015, 8:48pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.69
Rep Score: +39 / -15
Approval: +5,480
Gold Stars: 33
Clay looks light years ahead of Brown to me. Such a dramatic change from when both were signed. If Brown loses some weight, gets fit and finds his passing boots we may yet have a player on our hands.

Private Message
Reply: 37 - 64
nightrider
May 25, 2015, 9:29pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +4 / -3
Approval: +464
Gold Stars: 10
Clay should be in the starting 11 imo. He looked the better player in all the playoff games.

Christ you all wanted him sacked a few months ago. 6th place finish and he's now the messiah and can do no wrong  
Update:  I think I've got this right - He was the messiah. He then wasn't. He then was again. Then it turned out he actually wasnt. He turned into one big huge messiah again. Now he's not actually the messiah we thought he was . Now I'm hoping he rises again quickly
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 64
MuddyWaters
May 25, 2015, 9:30pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,234
Gold Stars: 235
Chandler over Brown every day of the week.

I think Brown is the sort of player who looks good in a team that needs a bulldog but not so good in a good team that needs a bit of quality. Clay has outshone Brown for most of the season, and I'm surprised that this has been the case.
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 64
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › two signings this week

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.