May 25, 2015, 1:39pm
'Usually Positive'
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.84
Rep Score: +26 / -5
Approval: +2,723
Gold Stars: 30
Quoted from LH
I think LJL might well have a club higher take a punt on him after his personal best season and if not he'll be one of the last to re-commit.
Quoted from Wrawby_Mariner
I've heard an Europa League chasing SPL side are in for him.
Falkirk are in the Championship, so probally St Johnstone then, Inverness Caledonian Thistle have already guaranteed a place in the Europa League.

If Inverness beat Falkirk in the Scottish Cup final, then St Johnstone claim the other Europa League spot I think.

Performance / Top Scorers / Assists / Discipline - Grimsby Town Statistics >> [url]https://www.espn.co.uk/football/team/squad/_/id/386/eng.grimsby[/url]
Form Over Last 10 Games - Grimsby Town >> [url]https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/grimsby-town/form-guide/ten[/url]
Player Contracts - Grimsby Town >> [url]http://codalmighty.com/site/ca.php?article=4202[/url]
Links on football clubs inc Grimsby Town >> [url]https://footballclubforums.com/[/url]
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 64
LH
May 25, 2015, 1:57pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,459
Gold Stars: 172
Aberdeen in the other spot at the minute. I can't see it though myself!
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 64
LocalLadGTFC
May 25, 2015, 2:02pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +3,937
Gold Stars: 129
Heard Jamie Chandler is talking with us from a few Gateshead fans?
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 12 - 64
MeanwoodMariner
May 25, 2015, 2:09pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.39
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +2,673
Gold Stars: 8
Dizza said immediately after Wembley that we need to keep the squad together so he could well be trying to lead the way by signing up early. Pittman said he wants to make amends for the miss.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 64
RichMariner
May 25, 2015, 2:22pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +42 / -4
Approval: +9,142
Gold Stars: 209
I think it would send a positive message to the rest of the players if Disley signed first - club captain committing first might lead a few others to re-sign with us.

It's possible that some of the other players could earn a bit more money elsewhere, or play at a higher level, but a lot needs to be said for team spirit.

What we've had in the last season (particularly since the Forest Green game) is the best player/fan relationship in my time of supporting the club. Hopefully the players value this too. It's something a massive contract can't buy.

Also, moving to a league club doesn't necessarily mean you'll be a first team fixture. Warm the bench at another club, having moved your family to another part of the country, or stay in Grimsby where you're comfortable, happy and well supported?

"Don't shine that light in my face, mate - I've just lost a pint of blood."
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 14 - 64
Rick12
May 25, 2015, 3:02pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Quoted from Wrawby_Mariner

I've heard an Europa League chasing SPL side are in for him.
Hope not

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 64
fiveallive
May 25, 2015, 3:06pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +11 / -3
Approval: +229
Gold Stars: 5
Jamie Chandler, Craig Clay, Scott Brown and Craig Disley would be a very good centre midfield pairing with also young Josh Venney. 2 younger players Chandler and Clay with older players Brown and Disley gives us enough rotaition over the season.

I would say the 2 players signing are Pittman and Disley but thats a guess.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 64
Madeleymariner
May 25, 2015, 3:39pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +23 / -15
Approval: +3,047
Gold Stars: 49
Why would we want Brown to stay, he alone turned several attacks at Wembley into defence. We need marauding midfielders who put in tackles not blokes who do a pirouet then pass back to the centre half every time it goes to them in the opponents half.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 64
itsnotcoditshaddock
May 25, 2015, 3:50pm

Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +4 / -3
Approval: +312
Quoted from Madeleymariner
Why would we want Brown to stay, he alone turned several attacks at Wembley into defence. We need marauding midfielders who put in tackles not blokes who do a pirouet then pass back to the centre half every time it goes to them in the opponents half.

Completely disagree.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 64
Laddy89
May 25, 2015, 3:51pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +3 / -2
Approval: -185
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from Madeleymariner

Pretty sure most Town fans would agree he has been a great signing this season.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 64
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › two signings this week

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.