Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Comments from other clubs..........
Users Browsing Forum
AdSense, Googlebot and 388 Guests

Comments from other clubs..........

This thread currently has 6,511 views. Print
2 Pages 1 2 All Recommend Thread
arryarryarry
May 21, 2015, 4:17pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +9,944
Gold Stars: 113
Private Message
MidnightMariner
May 21, 2015, 4:59pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.19
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +570
Gold Stars: 22
After reading those links to other fans forums it seems pretty evident that the majority of the other clubs supporters were rooting for a Mariners win !
other than Darlo Andy, I thought the Darlo fans seemed rather bitter towards us ! 😶
Also interesting to see the amount of fans that clearly thought we had been cheated by the puddy handball incident !
Hope the brovers struggle and we wave to them as we pass them taking their place in FL2
UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 12
WetFlannel
May 21, 2015, 5:22pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Approval: +395
Gold Stars: 7
One thing that seemed odd about the Darlington fans is a club thinking that everyone should play by the rules needs 'karma' to stop them going up. 'HOW DARE THEY COMPLAIN ABOUT US TRYING TO BREAK RULES'. Classic playground behaviour.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 12
mariner91
May 21, 2015, 5:47pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,249
Gold Stars: 253
Yeah soz Darlo, we should just let people sign whoever they like when under a transfer embargo.

Looking forward to a brighter future now Fenty has gone.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 12
big al
May 21, 2015, 6:38pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +740
Got to take pride in this comment from an Eastleigh fan.

Grimsby will start as favourites for the title, but probably need a good start which didn't happen last season and they paid for it in the end, they were easily the best side in the division,
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 12
Marinerz93
May 21, 2015, 8:25pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Darlington living in the shadow of great football teams and believing they could emulate it, a bit like the Scunts and Gimps with us.

Darlington at one time were a good lower league club.  Then they had delusions of grandeur and became an insipid cesspit of doing what ever they could to climb out of the shadow those local club giants.  It wasn't Town that reported them it was a Ref.

They do of course, have genuine and real fans, who you do feel for.

Then there is the other type, the ones who have gone past the horrendous self loathing and self pity to develop the worst trait in a human you can ever have, schadenfreude.  You'll find that there is usually between 5 and 8 members and this is evident on the iron bru,and that poor Lincoln site, a hive of serial masturbators and people with enough self loathing to take it out on someone else.  Karma has already dealt this pitiful underclass a bum hand.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 12
mrsd
May 21, 2015, 11:34pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +144
I liked the letter from the Wembley volunteer in the telegraph last night
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 12
psgmariner
May 22, 2015, 7:09am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.70
Rep Score: +39 / -15
Approval: +5,478
Gold Stars: 33
There is nothing wrong with masturbation and self loathing. I hope.

Private Message
Reply: 7 - 12
diehardmariner
May 22, 2015, 2:04pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.97
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,093
Gold Stars: 520
Wow, just how bitter are those Darlo fans!

Can't say I even remember the whole 'grassing' issue but I hardly think a couple of e-mails are responsible for their demise.
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 12
horsforthmariner
May 22, 2015, 2:57pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +2,575
Gold Stars: 8
From what I remember about the Darlington situation when we played them early in the season they had full strength (and proper) side and beat us. After that they shedded players like no-ones business and were not a proper side - they were getting rolled week after week by teams also challenging for the play offs. They then wanted to sign a bunch of premier league juniors for free, breaking the rules, just before they played us again. Unsuprisingly we were less then happy about this.

I always felt sorry for Darlo but not anymore
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 12
TownSNAFU5
May 22, 2015, 11:44pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,773
Gold Stars: 41
First half was a great half of football. Grimsby were all over us for the first 20 mins or so but we had by far the better of it after we equalised. I think 1-1 at half time was fair although either side could
Bristol Rovers fan:
have been ahead. After half time it was very cagey and it remained like this through extra time. Agony to watch. A draw was a fair result, someone had to win on pens and it was us, but like the OP, I don't agree that Grimsby should have won.

I think people have said this partly because of an understandable tendency to see the negative and also partly out of good grace to our rivals. It really was on the toss of the coin, but like Grimsby, we didn't deserve to lose so therefore can't be considered to have been lucky to win, if that makes sense?

That said, Grimsby are bloody unlucky to have lost out twice at Wembley on pens in recent years and to have lost in the play-offs three years running. If there's any justice next year they'll storm the league.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 12
AndyDarloFC
May 23, 2015, 1:02am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +17 / 0
Approval: +1,695
Gold Stars: 33
Just remember guys, like I've put on our forum. I've got nothing but good things to say about your club.

Don't tar us all with the same brush. What happened in the past, stays there.
We've come a long way in a short space of time and it's only the hardcore that have stuck around.

Personally, I can't wait to play the likes of Grimsby/Lincoln/York etc again. Certainly beats playing the likes of Bamber Bridge/Farsley.

I'm sure you guys can have a rebuild in the summer and then be back fighting for promotion next season.

Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 11 - 12
immariner
May 23, 2015, 1:22am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +3,387
Gold Stars: 59
Quoted from mrsd
I liked the letter from the Wembley volunteer in the telegraph last night

What did they say MrsD?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 12
2 Pages 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Comments from other clubs..........

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.