This thread currently has 4,261 views. Print
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
oldun
May 19, 2015, 3:45pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +57 / -5
Approval: +3,475
And I guess the BT Sport money amounted to a bag of beans. Something not right with it all.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 14
Marinerz93
May 19, 2015, 3:58pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.57
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from arryarryarry
Seems some Town fans are getting a slagging off.

http://gaschat.co.uk/thread/3550/grimsby-town-fans-love-sorry

It's also noted in that thread, one of their fans says that 'all clubs have these sort of people'.

Generally both sets of fans showed mutual respect, and as far as I know, there has never been any bad blood between us and rovers so why let a few spoil it.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 14
big al
May 19, 2015, 4:30pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +740
Something out of nothing. I didn't see a single incident over the two days I was in London. Spoke to a really nice gas fan at Euston station after the game who was gushing about our support and the way we played - if he wasn't a pirate he should have been - long white hair and long white beard. Seemed like quite a nice lot to me even if a few are slagging us off on their 'gas bag' thing.

This post takes the biscuit though. Nice sentiment but talk about the pot calling the kettle black.

"Every club has 'em I'm afraid. The one's I met were sweet. Funny accents mind"

With their accents,  I think their song should be 'a cup of tea and a slice of cake with aunt sally' a la Worzel Gummidge, not that boring Irene thing.

*All those mariners less than 40, please refer to YouTube.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 14
highcliff mariner
May 19, 2015, 5:24pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.32
Rep Score: +12 / -3
Approval: +778
Actually I saw one intoxicated ,with what I dont know( wild eyes) town " fan" , kick off on Wembley way . Right in front of 2 Mounties . Soon dealt with. As was mentioned , all clubs have em .Apart from that all smiles and good natured banter .
I likes aunt Sally .
UTM
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 14
KingstonMariner
May 19, 2015, 5:43pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
The arseholes always come out when there's a big game. They're an embarrassment.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 14
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Wembley Attendance

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.