5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
GTFCNiles
May 19, 2015, 11:57am

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Rep Score: +4 / -1
Approval: +38
Gold Stars: 5
Best of luck to the lad, hasn't been given a chance to develop but in our current situation we can't afford to give them time for the small chance that they will be the next Ryan Bennet.

Nice lad, with his head screwed on, sure he will find somewhere to develop and maybe exceed from what town could offer him.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 43
HertsGTFC
May 19, 2015, 12:01pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.23
Rep Score: +29 / -8
Approval: +22,628
Gold Stars: 217
I am surprised as I thought looking at the budget he would have been part of a mix of youth and experience in next years squad.

Looked like a good prospect and a local lad too, good luck to him!!

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 43
BIGChris
May 19, 2015, 12:34pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.98
Rep Score: +70 / -24
Approval: +2,654
Gold Stars: 6
Would have liked Paul to be given a chance but agree that a year is never enough.

Everything I hear  about Walker is his attitude is absolutely A+++ with an amazing work ethos. Hopefully he sticks with it and gets a club, maybe Nth Ferriby???
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 43
GtfcGarner
May 19, 2015, 12:44pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +31 / -13
Approval: +1,788
Gold Stars: 26
As him being my best mate can say he is absolutely gutted, best lad who I have lined up with in regards to training and attitude. Hope he gets his chance elsewhere and the town fans get to see a little glimpse of him again
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 43
denni266
May 19, 2015, 12:51pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.82
Rep Score: +13 / -21
Approval: +634
Gold Stars: 128
Not getting promoted will have its knock on affects . not only on players but i cant see how it will not affect the new ground, we needed to get out this hell hole  of a league but i cant see that going to happen now .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 43
LondonMariner43
May 19, 2015, 12:57pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.41
Rep Score: +19 / -4
Approval: +3,891
Gold Stars: 64
You only had to look at the programme on Sunday to see how ludicrously large out squad was by end of season.  If we want to keep the 1st team squad, we need to trim around the edges - even the seemingly 'cheap' players.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 43
BIGChris
May 19, 2015, 12:59pm
Season Ticket Holder
Quoted from denni266
Not getting promoted will have its knock on affects . not only on players but i cant see how it will not affect the new ground, we needed to get out this hell hole  of a league but i cant see that going to happen now .

You can't see us getting out this league now? Why?

IMO absolutely no reasons why we cant get up next season. Budget will at least match what we had to start this season, positivity from the fans  which hopefully will translate into bigger gate receipts.

The vasy majority are positive about kicking on but i guess there are always a few
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 43
gtfc98
May 19, 2015, 1:04pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.74
Rep Score: +45 / -21
Approval: +3,038
Gold Stars: 65
Quoted from BIGChris

You can't see us getting out this league now? Why?

IMO absolutely no reasons why we cant get up next season. Budget will at least match what we had to start this season, positivity from the fans  which hopefully will translate into bigger gate receipts.

The vasy majority are positive about kicking on but i guess there are always a few

I know it's a lot to ask but it would be amazing if the Mullen's could help with a war chest next season. I've just renewed my Mariners Trust membership and would encourage everyone else to sign up. If there are any ideas for fans fundraising I'd be interested in getting involved too. We can't let this positivity and seige mentality go to waste.

No longer Sick of the BlueSquare  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 43
BIGChris
May 19, 2015, 1:12pm
Season Ticket Holder
Quoted from gtfc98

I know it's a lot to ask but it would be amazing if the Mullen's could help with a war chest next season. I've just renewed my Mariners Trust membership and would encourage everyone else to sign up. If there are any ideas for fans fundraising I'd be interested in getting involved too. We can't let this positivity and seige mentality go to waste.

Putting something together after talking to the Trust?Club this morning. Hopefuuly have a fundraiser up and running before weekend
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 43
gtfc98
May 19, 2015, 1:15pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.74
Rep Score: +45 / -21
Approval: +3,038
Gold Stars: 65
Quoted from BIGChris

Putting something together after talking to the Trust?Club this morning. Hopefuuly have a fundraiser up and running before weekend

great news. Hopefully we can all make a difference next season

No longer Sick of the BlueSquare  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 43
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › first out the door

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.