FishOutOfWater
May 18, 2015, 4:15pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.15
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,564
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from Lincoln Mariner 56
Plucky loser is a very English thing and goes back to the days of great sportsmanship I suspect. Of course being English we have had to put up with this at all World and Euro Cups, when we have qualified, for the last 50 years. Losing on penalties seems anational pastime and unfortunately we as a club suffered in the same manner.

I am actually more upset & down about the outcom etoday then I was yesterday. As Big Chris said the realism of away trips to Dover Borehamwood etc are not as attractive as Portsmouth & Notts County.

Think we need a great start to keep the fans momentum as I believe yesterday has about finished us older ones off, depression is really kicking in & at times like this I wish I never got interested in football.

I agree to some extent LM56

Last night on the way home it was the ifs and buts reflection and how it could have been us

Today though it's the reality of thinking will I make it to Guiseley (my nearest fixture) when I would have so wanted it to have been York

The positivity does get sucked out of you on occasions like this but we've been round the block a few times and should know by now

We get knocked down, but we get up again...

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 20 - 27
Caesar
May 18, 2015, 5:26pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +12 / -2
Approval: +1,794
Quoted from FishOutOfWater

I agree to some extent LM56

Last night on the way home it was the ifs and buts reflection and how it could have been us

Today though it's the reality of thinking will I make it to Guiseley (my nearest fixture) when I would have so wanted it to have been York
The positivity does get sucked out of you on occasions like this but we've been round the block a few times and should know by now

We get knocked down, but we get up again...

UTM

Got to admit for all the pride I felt yesterday, it was the reminder of fixtures we have to play now that really got to me too.  Parents have a Caravan in South Shields so Gateshead is a very easy trip for me.  When trying to cheer me up my mother sent me a text saying at least I have a nice place to stay it really brought the despair back again.  I absolutely f***ing loathe Gateshead!  Can understand fans who are sick of getting knocked around.  But this season has had some real highs in it and that is football, it gives you moments of ecstacy and moments where it drags your soul through the sewer.  But we will get up again, and somehow I am sure we will find a way to make a fun day out of going to places like Boreham Wood.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 27
KK_DOG
May 18, 2015, 5:43pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.19
Rep Score: +14 / -2
Approval: +472
Quoted from Caesar

Got to admit for all the pride I felt yesterday, it was the reminder of fixtures we have to play now that really got to me too.  Parents have a Caravan in South Shields so Gateshead is a very easy trip for me.  When trying to cheer me up my mother sent me a text saying at least I have a nice place to stay it really brought the despair back again.  I absolutely f***ing loathe Gateshead!  Can understand fans who are sick of getting knocked around.  But this season has had some real highs in it and that is football, it gives you moments of ecstacy and moments where it drags your soul through the sewer. But we will get up again, and somehow I am sure we will find a way to make a fun day out of going to places like Boreham Wood.

Wow, "Drags your soul through the sewer." That's a very descriptive way of putting it.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 27
Caesar
May 18, 2015, 6:38pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +12 / -2
Approval: +1,794
Quoted from KK_DOG

Wow, "Drags your soul through the sewer." That's a very descriptive way of putting it.

Ha ha, yeah was desperately trying to come up with some way of describing it and that was the only thing taht came to my mind.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 27
GrimRob
May 18, 2015, 11:04pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,343
Gold Stars: 113
Some more feedback:

Rovers were the poorer side today at Wembley.I thought I goalkeeper should have been sent off,I said so at the time our defence were the most nervous I've seen all season but we gradually grew into the game,we always start like this ,fair play to Grimsby they put every thing into the game.And I really hope they do it next season.All the very best.PS having said that what a relief to get back in the league.Dont listen to the media we knew it wasn't goin to be easy ,and we were proved right.

Brian

Well done Grimsby.  I thought your team and fans were first class yesterday.  We were very lucky, something that rovers are not generally!  I will be a closet Mariner next season and sincerely hope you are promoted

David

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 24 - 27
louth_in_the_south
May 19, 2015, 12:19am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.68
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +5,552
Gold Stars: 94
Quoted from Caesar

.... and somehow I am sure we will find a way to make a fun day out of going to places like Boreham Wood.

As long as boreham wood has pubs most of us will be ok

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 27
Spidey
May 19, 2015, 2:44am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +363
Gold Stars: 4
Quoted from louth_in_the_south

As long as boreham wood has pubs most of us will be ok

I stayed there the night before the match, not a very exciting place, did have a Nandos and Starbucks though. The high street seemed like Freemo. Train station into Kings Cross St Pancras, if so desired.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 27
forza ivano
May 19, 2015, 7:24am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.47
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,140
Gold Stars: 265
Quoted from Spidey

I stayed there the night before the match, not a very exciting place, did have a Nandos and Starbucks though. The high street seemed like Freemo. Train station into Kings Cross St Pancras, if so desired.

As I've said before it's an absolute shiitehole full of London overspill chavs and low life's. Plenty of nice little villages around and about with decent boozers though and easy to get to.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 27
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › More Rovers Feedback

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.