3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
KingstonMariner
May 19, 2015, 2:35am
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.08
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Shouldn't read such shite rags Maringer.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 22
Maringer
May 19, 2015, 7:42am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,398
Gold Stars: 184
I cancelled my subscription the day before the election. Just waiting for that to run out.

I always took the view, "Know your enemy", but the propaganda reached ridiculous levels in the run up to the election (blatant lies or distortions of the truth in the leading articles and editorials) and it's moved noticeably to the right in the past couple of years. Plenty of the opinion pieces were absolutely risible - when you have Matt Ridley (the zoologist overseer of the Northern Rock debacle) still given the opportunity to write about economics in a national newspaper, you know they just aren't taking it seriously.

The sports coverage wasn't generally bad and neither was that of the arts, but I reckon various internet news sites will be good enough for me from now on.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 22
FishOutOfWater
May 19, 2015, 1:59pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.15
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,564
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from Maringer

Probably the same bloke who wrote the match report in The Times today. That report had a paragraph about how McKeown was lucky to stay on and Taylor unlucky to be booked with that first half dive but then didn't even mention Puddy's handball outside the area!

Absolutely pathetic.

At least the view from the other side of the political spectrum gave a more reasoned report of Sunday's events

Factual account of the afternoon and arguably not biased one way or another...definitely not viewed through those blue tinted specs!

http://www.theguardian.com/foo.....f-final-match-report

http://www.theguardian.com/foo.....-play-off-final-live
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 22 - 22
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Highlights

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.