Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › FISH!
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 294 Guests

FISH!

This thread currently has 10,239 views. Print
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Caesar
May 18, 2015, 10:14pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +12 / -2
Approval: +1,799
[url]https://twitter.com/CamillaAlice92/status/600280102002413568[/url]

This is one of the best vids of the Fish chant I have seen so far I think,
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 41
H19P1
May 18, 2015, 10:18pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +710
Wow
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 41
LH
May 18, 2015, 10:20pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,503
Gold Stars: 173
As an aside: This is probably the best evidence we could have that the Osmond needs to be open for noisy fans and not people who get vouchers out of the Telegraph etc. The acoustics would help create a racket in there.
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 41
immariner
May 19, 2015, 12:38am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +3,411
Gold Stars: 60
Agreed. The Pontoon left (stupid place to have most of our singers, have always said and will always say that) lot would make a right racket in the Osmond.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 41
Caesar
May 19, 2015, 7:44am

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +12 / -2
Approval: +1,799
This Town fans should abondon the pontoon and sit in the Osmond seems to come up every year.

Logically yes there is a clear point to that idea of trying to make the sound reveberate more and improve the atmosphere.  Although to me it doesn't have too much effect when we are loud enough, Gateshead at home with the Paul Hurst Black and White army chant and the playoff semi were both examples of the Pontoon rocking and making a lot of noise.  

The problem is that is where I like to go watch Town and I don't like to be told I should go somewhere else, it is like my home at Blundell Park, going anywhere else would feel weird and unatural.  Being a football fan is not rational but emotional.  If it were rational I wouldn't spend as much as I do on a team who haven't won anything in nearly 20 years, I would switch to someone else.  But I could never do that because my heart wouldn't be in it.  Same with switching stands, I am a Pontoon man and if over time all the singers moved I eventually might follow them but I think a better idea would be to put up some kind of wind shield in the top left of the pontoon to keep the noise in more.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 41
Jaws
May 19, 2015, 9:03am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: +1,306
Gold Stars: 11
Quoted from Caesar
This Town fans should abondon the pontoon and sit in the Osmond seems to come up every year.

Logically yes there is a clear point to that idea of trying to make the sound reveberate more and improve the atmosphere.  Although to me it doesn't have too much effect when we are loud enough, Gateshead at home with the Paul Hurst Black and White army chant and the playoff semi were both examples of the Pontoon rocking and making a lot of noise.  

The problem is that is where I like to go watch Town and I don't like to be told I should go somewhere else, it is like my home at Blundell Park, going anywhere else would feel weird and unatural.  Being a football fan is not rational but emotional.  If it were rational I wouldn't spend as much as I do on a team who haven't won anything in nearly 20 years, I would switch to someone else.  But I could never do that because my heart wouldn't be in it.  Same with switching stands, I am a Pontoon man and if over time all the singers moved I eventually might follow them but I think a better idea would be to put up some kind of wind shield in the top left of the pontoon to keep the noise in more.

Anyone have any ideas of a cost. I would happily donate, sure we could get 100 donations?
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 41
diehardmariner
May 19, 2015, 11:40am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,588
Gold Stars: 538
The more I watch those FISH chants on the clips it reminds me more and more of the wall of noises that you see the hipsters drooling over at the Bundesliga games.

Difference is this was in a half empty stadium, which makes the noise even more impressive.
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 41
LH
May 19, 2015, 11:52am

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,503
Gold Stars: 173
Quoted from diehardmariner
The more I watch those FISH chants on the clips it reminds me more and more of the wall of noises that you see the hipsters drooling over at the Bundesliga games.

Difference is this was in a half empty stadium, which makes the noise even more impressive.

Exactly what I said to a mate yesterday. I was off to one side and was looking across everyone behind the goal as it was happening. All of the arms in the air was flipping fantastic. It is something that can only be done at a big stadium though due to the sheer numbers of people and the size of the stand which is what makes it even more gutting that we find ourselves down here still!
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 41
Mrs Doyle
May 19, 2015, 11:53am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
It use to be the middle of the Pontoon that started the noise one thing when we all join in the noise is frightening my wife was waiting outside the stadium and said she felt the place vibrating during the fish chant. She does not like footy but she said the sound was awesome she was chatting to a steward he said I don't know what it is they were chanting but it's bloody brilliant.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 41
Trawler
May 19, 2015, 12:07pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.22
Rep Score: +33 / -4
Approval: +915
Gold Stars: 6
It reminded me of this. Skip to 7'05"

[youtube]ODM1RJe4FvQ[/youtube]

"Pound for pound, and class for class, the best football team I have seen in England since the war. In the league they were in they played football nobody else could play. Everything was measured, planned and perfected and you could not wish to see more entertaining football." Bill Shankly, Manager GTFC 1951-54
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 41
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › FISH!

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.