Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › The biggest game in our history?
Users Browsing Forum
AdSense, Googlebot and 388 Guests

The biggest game in our history?

This thread currently has 5,151 views. Print
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Theimperialcoroner
May 15, 2015, 10:58am

Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +47 / -3
Approval: +5,088
Gold Stars: 93
It is, and I'm shitting it.

Batch, Crombie, Moore K, Wiggington, Cumming, Waters, Bonnyman, Ford, Emson, Drinkell, Whymark. Love you all, You are the reason I'm on here. You've had help from Todd, Handyside, Futcher P, Groves, Mendonca, Macca etc etc etc. Up The Mariners!!!!!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 35
May 15, 2015, 11:21am
Guest User
Reply: 11 - 35
Maringer
May 15, 2015, 11:24am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.86
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,140
Gold Stars: 180
I'm feeling rather relaxed about it myself, which is a bit of a surprise as I expected to be a bit nervy.

I'll probably be bricking it by the time kick-off comes about on Sunday afternoon!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 35
mariner91
May 15, 2015, 11:52am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,249
Gold Stars: 253
Definitely the biggest game in our history in my eyes. It's such a difficult league to get out of and when you attach the stigma of non-league plus the loss of FL funding it's so hugely important that the club gets out sooner rather than later. There have been other big games in the past but I don't think any of them affected the future of the club the way this one will.

Looking forward to a brighter future now Fenty has gone.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 35
Kymariner12
May 15, 2015, 12:03pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +2 / -2
Approval: +102
Agree, biggest game in our history. Being in the football league means so much, financial benefits are obvious but just recognition of highlights being shown on TV, better coverage, more fans through the home and away turnstiles. Being part of the 92 shouldn't be taken lightly as we discovered and went through the trap door. Hopefully it's our time Sunday and stay there for another 100 years, even if we finish 22nd next season it'll be worth it.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 35
northbankmariner
May 15, 2015, 12:16pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.33
Rep Score: +27 / -3
Approval: +525
Quoted from LH
It is certainly the most important game in our history. When you put a Conference play off final against two FA Cup semi finals I don't think you can even compare them for size though - without wanting to belittle the magnitude of Sunday's match in the slightest.

kind of agree with where LH is coming from on this one. but I am going to side with the majority. This game is huge, if only in the context that it will probably guarantee the running of the club on the same level for the foreseeable future and our long term structure and finances would be in a far healthier position if we were to regain our league status. but going back to the days of those semi finals. they were also massive as the chance to be in the show-case final of the best domestic cup competition anywhere in the world, and a chance to win it would never have been taken away from us in the history books.
Have not been getting carried away with the nerves and emotion of sundays  final YET, but I must admit we have a decent chance and my work colleagues are fed up of me going on about it lol.

CLAP
CLAP
CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP
FISH
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 35
Bignic69
May 15, 2015, 12:49pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +540
Gold Stars: 5
Absolutely massive game, i'm feeling calm and quite confident right now, come 13.35 on sunday when i take my seat, Im sure my bottom will drop

Back of the net
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 35
big al
May 15, 2015, 12:54pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +740
Quoted from Theimperialcoroner
It is, and I'm shitting it.

I'm not that bothered really......the fact that I woke up in the night believing there was some kind of menacing form stood in the corner of the room, representing my anxiety about the game, is completely normal

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 35
GrimRob
May 15, 2015, 1:02pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,343
Gold Stars: 113
It's certainly the biggest game in living memory. We were one of the country's top sides in the 1930s. There must have been big games back then to stay in the top flight etc but it's hard to construct a case for them because most of the games have long been forgotten.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 18 - 35
LH
May 15, 2015, 1:05pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,389
Gold Stars: 169
I know that this is the single most important game in our history. In terms of stature though it is nowhere near as big as an FA Cup semi final. I suppose what I'm getting at that in 80 years time hopefully this whole non-league debacle is forgotten about.
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 35
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › The biggest game in our history?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.