The Yard Dog
May 13, 2015, 11:05pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +14 / -2
Approval: +3,443
Gold Stars: 74
Wonder how many are planning to travel by train

Bristol Rovers have been contacted by First Great Western Trains who wish to advise supporters about delays on the line between Bristol Parkway and London Paddington.

“On the forthcoming weekend our services are affected by some engineering works which will have an impact on fans wishing to travel to Wembley on Sunday 17th.  

"Our colleagues at Network Rail are undertaking work between Swindon and Bristol Parkway, and Swindon and Chippenham which has an impact on routes from both of the major Bristol stations to London.

"Services from Bristol Temple Meads will be diverted between Bath and Reading and  journey times are extending by up to 30 mins, fans are advised to check their times carefully before that travel, especially where they plan to use connecting services.

"The most important message that we have for your fans is that there are no rail services from Bristol Parkway to London.  Bristol Parkway is likely to be the first choice station for your fans but our advice is to use Bristol Temple Meads.  

"A limited rail replacement bus service will operate from Parkway to Swindon for onward connecting trains to London, but this is much slower than the service via Temple Meads and services are likely to be much busier due to the limited capacity available.

"Due to the large numbers travelling, fans may be asked to queue prior to being allowed onto the platform for join their trains, this is for their own safety and we will let them onto the trains and platforms as soon as we can, so turn up early!

Read more at http://www.bristolrovers.co.uk.....#Mo0dObmd40vdAmUS.99
Logged Offline
Private Message
LH
May 13, 2015, 11:10pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,389
Gold Stars: 169
Has anyone else got a feeling this weekend is going to turn into an absolute farce? The ref probably won't turn up or the arch will fall down mid-match or something.
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 12
GrimRob
May 13, 2015, 11:27pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,343
Gold Stars: 113
We might turn up fashionably late again

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 2 - 12
poomehellt
May 14, 2015, 3:30am
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +2 / -3
Approval: +44
I'm not sure if it's already been mentioned on here, but we've been warned of delays by Network rail as well.

"SUPPORTERS are advised that there will be essential maintenance work being carried out between Grimsby Town and Doncaster on Sunday.

There will be a coach transfer from Grimsby Town but Network Rail are advising supporters that the 8.35 am is the latest connection which will get you to London in time for the 2pm kick-off.  That Doncaster train is scheduled to arrive at London Kings Cross at 12.33pm.

Trains from Newalk Northgate are not affected.

Read more at http://www.grimsby-townfc.co.u.....#BRVazbU4pH4xvXQS.99 "

Where's Newwalk?! I hope there is more than one coach to do the transfer between Grimsby and Donny, I can see it now, more fans than coaches at Grimsby station on Sunday morning!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 12
livosnose
May 14, 2015, 5:46am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.54
Rep Score: +14 / -9
Approval: +1,143
Gold Stars: 15
Quoted from poomehellt
I'm not sure if it's already been mentioned on here, but we've been warned of delays by Network rail as well.

"SUPPORTERS are advised that there will be essential maintenance work being carried out between Grimsby Town and Doncaster on Sunday.

There will be a coach transfer from Grimsby Town but Network Rail are advising supporters that the 8.35 am is the latest connection which will get you to London in time for the 2pm kick-off.  That Doncaster train is scheduled to arrive at London Kings Cross at 12.33pm.

Not many people are aware but there is a rival to east Coast Virgin called Grand Central that stops at Donny. I'm on that train from Bradford with PSG and we are getting into London at about 10.40 . uTM

Trains from Newalk Northgate are not affected.

Read more at http://www.grimsby-townfc.co.u.....#BRVazbU4pH4xvXQS.99 "

Where's Newwalk?! I hope there is more than one coach to do the transfer between Grimsby and Donny, I can see it now, more fans than coaches at Grimsby station on Sunday morning!

[img][/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 12
coxy
May 14, 2015, 11:26am

The only way is UP !!
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +67
I had the choice of either train from Bristol or Taunton so took the wise choice of Taunton aha, hope all get there from both clubs again a stupid balls up on kick of time not taking fans into consideration.

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 12
The Yard Dog
May 14, 2015, 11:33am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +14 / -2
Approval: +3,443
Gold Stars: 74
Quoted from coxy
I had the choice of either train from[/b] Bristol or Taunton[b] so took the wise choice of Taunton aha, hope all get there from both clubs again a stupid balls up on kick of time not taking fans into consideration.

UTM

How many are travelling by train?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 12
coxy
May 14, 2015, 11:40am

The only way is UP !!
Snakebite drinker
A lot of rovers going aha am only gtfc from Taunton I believe, although lukeo is catching the train for a few stops too! New short arrived so intercourse em Gtfc proud as can be
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 12
wembley_double98
May 14, 2015, 11:57am

Snakebite drinker
Rep Score: +5 / -1
Approval: +154
Quoted from GrimRob
We might turn up fashionably late again

I was thinking exactly the same thing!
How unlikely was that
Have a good day Sunday topped with hopefully a fine win
UTM!

The pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity.
The optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 12
Bristol Mariner
May 14, 2015, 11:58am

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +11 / -5
Approval: +2,877
Gold Stars: 79
getting 9.44AM from Swindon to Paddington - first class, then 7.30pm back from Paddington to Bristol (bus service from Swindon and Bristol Parkway). UTM!

GTFC Exile, Bristol Mariners
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 12
Town Monkey
May 14, 2015, 12:16pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +379
Gold Stars: 6
I'm travelling from Temple Meads on Saturday afternoon to avoid the worst of it.  Have a seat booked on the 7pm back to Temple Meads Sunday night.  I hope we win otherwise it'll be a miserable journey with a load of drunken Gasheads.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 12
coxy
May 14, 2015, 1:24pm

The only way is UP !!
Snakebite drinker
Aha hope your all wearing your top shirts on the trains...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 12
Bristol Mariner
May 14, 2015, 1:57pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +11 / -5
Approval: +2,877
Gold Stars: 79
I'm taking my GTFC Bristol flag on the train...here below outside pub at Eastleigh!

https://www.facebook.com/#!/49...../?type=3&theater

GTFC Exile, Bristol Mariners
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 12
2 Pages 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Train delays for Bristol Rovers fans

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.