2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
psgmariner
May 13, 2015, 11:12am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.69
Rep Score: +39 / -15
Approval: +5,480
Gold Stars: 33
Any £10 Vanarama Big Day Out tickets on sale?!

Private Message
Reply: 10 - 19
MrsMariner
May 13, 2015, 11:17am

Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +2 / -4
Approval: +432
Gold Stars: 1
It just doesn't make any sense Cat 1 tickets have been sold out on the website for a few days now, then suddenly you can buy Cat 1 tickets from Blundell Park, I bet there are some fans that would have preferred these tickets & ended up with Cat tickets 2 instead. What a farce
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 19
topuphere666
May 13, 2015, 11:35am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.19
Rep Score: +24 / -7
Approval: +1,843
Gold Stars: 3
The view will be great from the 2nd tier but surely it will be a bit lonely up there?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 19
GrimRob
May 13, 2015, 11:40am

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,397
Gold Stars: 113
Nothing like a kick in the teeth for all the supporters who have already bought tickets. I don't blame GTFC in any way, the Conference don't seem up to the task at all, which seems strange as they have to do this every year. It's telling that the average crowd for these finals is so low compared to events organised by other organisations.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 13 - 19
diehardmariner
May 13, 2015, 11:52am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,361
Gold Stars: 532
Absolutely ridiculous.  

Agree with the notion that there's no blame attached to GTFC on this one.  They're doing everything they can to assist fans, plus even a handful of people going into the ticket office for these tickets is additional footfall for potential merchandise sales.  

I don't mind us playing in the Conference, I've got beyond the stigma of saying 'I support a non-league football team', I actually enjoy going to random clubs in the middle of nowhere.

What I can't stand any more is the absolute moronic management of the set-up at this level.
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 19
Trawler
May 13, 2015, 12:02pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.22
Rep Score: +33 / -4
Approval: +915
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from diehardmariner

What I can't stand any more is the absolute moronic management of the set-up at this level.

And the refs

"Pound for pound, and class for class, the best football team I have seen in England since the war. In the league they were in they played football nobody else could play. Everything was measured, planned and perfected and you could not wish to see more entertaining football." Bill Shankly, Manager GTFC 1951-54
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 19
Nelly GTFC
May 13, 2015, 5:42pm
'Usually Positive'
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.84
Rep Score: +26 / -5
Approval: +2,721
Gold Stars: 30
I mentioned last week, I bet quite a few of the people aged 70+ went to the ticket office thinking they could pay cash for a ticket from the ground, many old people don't have a bank card, or credit card etc.

At least it gives those people a chance to get a ticket now, without having to faff about.

Performance / Top Scorers / Assists / Discipline - Grimsby Town Statistics >> [url]https://www.espn.co.uk/football/team/squad/_/id/386/eng.grimsby[/url]
Form Over Last 10 Games - Grimsby Town >> [url]https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/grimsby-town/form-guide/ten[/url]
Player Contracts - Grimsby Town >> [url]http://codalmighty.com/site/ca.php?article=4202[/url]
Links on football clubs inc Grimsby Town >> [url]https://footballclubforums.com/[/url]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 19
rancido
May 13, 2015, 7:54pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,518
Gold Stars: 96
Are the ticketing arrangements at Wembley organised by the FA or is it the Conference?

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 19
dapperz fun pub
May 13, 2015, 8:27pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,865
Gold Stars: 82
I think the FA and the conference don't give 2 fooks about the fans ... It's all about the dollars
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 19
hertfordshire mariner
May 14, 2015, 12:25am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.25
Rep Score: +15 / -3
Approval: +34
Quoted from rancido
Are the ticketing arrangements at Wembley organised by the FA or is it the Conference?

I work with see tickets quite a lot in my job, and what normally happens is the promoter (in this case that's the confrence) tell see what allocations to sell and in what order to sell them.

All the allocation most likely been given to see as it's so bloody easy to do and totaly cuts out any administration for the confrence.  Literally I could log on to my see tickets client acount now and set it all up within 5 mins, then just send see a invoice for the sales after the game.

What I would of done, or anyone else I know that regulary puts on large events is allocate some to see, some to both the clubs box offices, some to wembelys box office, and some to all the other major ticket agents as well. They can easily be marked back and re-issued to another outlets to, if ones nearly sold out but another has loads left. It's completely standard working. It just shows they are not used to dealing with situations like this if you ask me.

"Form a string quartet, and pretend your name is Keith"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 19
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Tickets now on sale at BP and Wembley

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.