Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › New GTFC Anthem?
Users Browsing Forum
AdSense, Googlebot and 200 Guests

New GTFC Anthem?

This thread currently has 8,847 views. Print
5 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 All Recommend Thread
May 11, 2015, 1:42pm
Guest User
Apologies for duplicating this comment, but I didn't think it would get noticed lost in another thread and I really would like your opinions on it.

It's a shame really that as a club we don't have an anthem that makes the hairs on the back of your neck stand up (Fentyism). I suppose Sing When We're Fishing is as close as it gets to us. Mariners, Mariners, Mariners is okay I suppose, but even that can sound a bit drab.

Perhaps it is time that as a club we adopted a new anthem to carry us forward from this point onward. One that we become renowned by for years to come and one that really sounds awesome when sang by a crowd.

Given that we are the Mariners, then it really ought to have a maritime/nautical theme too it. How about this one? Opinions please?

Do you think those guys that do so well in getting the singing going could get themselves together and get this ringing out around Wembley? Are we up getting something like this organised by the weekend do you think?

This clip was even at Wembley. Suggest that you play the full clip to appreciate the atmosphere that this song creates, especially when the whole of Wembley sing it at the end of the clip.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=trwZqfZVSXo

Here it is again with a different crowd/audience

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bpbuqh12oj4

Again get the bit where the crowd are singing this. Can just imagine a sea of Mariners (no pun intended), arms in the air, swaying and singing this.

So do you think we can get this going for Wembley and show those Rovers that we can better their Goodnight Irene?

Mariners? Sailing? It's obvious isn't it. A cracking anthem for the Mighty Mariners to reflect our heritage.
Jaws
May 11, 2015, 1:45pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: +1,306
Gold Stars: 11
No
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 49
LH
May 11, 2015, 1:46pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,389
Gold Stars: 169
Our next game is against some Pirates. Let's all have a big nautical love in.
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 49
moosey_club
May 11, 2015, 2:08pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,144
Gold Stars: 220
Quoted from LH
Our next game is against some Pirates. Let's all have a big nautical love in.

I thought you was in the RAF?? Loving the Navy...whatever next ????

https://www.youtube.com/watch?.....p;   

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 49
LH
May 11, 2015, 2:36pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,389
Gold Stars: 169
The ultra small print says (aero)nautical.  
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 49
WappingMariner
May 11, 2015, 2:58pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Approval: +125
Quoted from 120790
Apologies for duplicating this comment, but I didn't think it would get noticed lost in another thread and I really would like your opinions on it.

It's a shame really that as a club we don't have an anthem that makes the hairs on the back of your neck stand up (Fentyism). I suppose Sing When We're Fishing is as close as it gets to us. Mariners, Mariners, Mariners is okay I suppose, but even that can sound a bit drab.

Perhaps it is time that as a club we adopted a new anthem to carry us forward from this point onward. One that we become renowned by for years to come and one that really sounds awesome when sang by a crowd.

Given that we are the Mariners, then it really ought to have a maritime/nautical theme too it. How about this one? Opinions please?

Do you think those guys that do so well in getting the singing going could get themselves together and get this ringing out around Wembley? Are we up getting something like this organised by the weekend do you think?

This clip was even at Wembley. Suggest that you play the full clip to appreciate the atmosphere that this song creates, especially when the whole of Wembley sing it at the end of the clip.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=trwZqfZVSXo

Here it is again with a different crowd/audience

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bpbuqh12oj4

Again get the bit where the crowd are singing this. Can just imagine a sea of Mariners (no pun intended), arms in the air, swaying and singing this.

So do you think we can get this going for Wembley and show those Rovers that we can better their Goodnight Irene?

Mariners? Sailing? It's obvious isn't it. A cracking anthem for the Mighty Mariners to reflect our heritage.

Mariners is rousing and sounds ruddy wonderful when chanted in unison. Wash your mouth out.

We've got Jason Pearcey, number one, we've got the best team in the land...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 49
immariner
May 11, 2015, 4:13pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +3,387
Gold Stars: 59
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3riwciAx6Sk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4cWtA1LNvIg

Mariners can sound drab if there's not real vigour behind it or it's sung too quickly. Paul Hurst's Black & White army fizzles out these days because it is sung too quickly. A few years ago we were singing that for most of the second half against Lincoln and it sounded ace.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 49
mimma
May 11, 2015, 4:19pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.44
Rep Score: +15 / -2
Approval: +5,545
Gold Stars: 78
On Sunday we're going to have to listen to "goodnight Irene" from the Rovers lot. Why they chose that particular song I have no idea.

For me if we were to have an anthem, I  would choose the fisherman's hymn, "for those in peril on the sea". I think it would sound good, and be appropriate.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 49
immariner
May 11, 2015, 4:38pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +3,387
Gold Stars: 59
How about this in response?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jC1vtG3oyqg

Obviously substitute Eileen for Irene. Joking of course!

Greasy chip butty is our anthem, regardless of what Sheff Utd say.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 49
Marinerz93
May 11, 2015, 4:58pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Heritage you say.

[youtube]42Ev3tJWZjs[/youtube]

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 49
mimma
May 11, 2015, 5:00pm
Brandy Drinker
A bit cheeky, but when they start singing Irene, the reply from Town was, "who the f**king h***s Irene, who the f***s is Irene?"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 49
mariner91
May 11, 2015, 5:17pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,250
Gold Stars: 253
Quoted from immariner
Paul Hurst's Black & White army fizzles out these days because it is sung too quickly. A few years ago we were singing that for most of the second half against Lincoln and it sounded ace.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eA0mTU5k_S4

Looking forward to a brighter future now Fenty has gone.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 49
KingstonMariner
May 11, 2015, 9:05pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.12
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
SWWF not good enough?

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 49
N2K
May 11, 2015, 9:10pm

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +12 / -1
Approval: +466
After speaking to some of the players, the general consensus is that "PH's black and white army" sung over a long time can suck the ball into the net. Welling away, Barnet away and Alfreton away are just a few examples that spring to mind.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 49
Marinerz93
May 11, 2015, 9:11pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from mimma
A bit cheeky, but when they start singing Irene, the reply from Town was, "who the f**king h***s Irene, who the f***s is Irene?"

Quoted from Marinerz93
Brizzie fans sing goodnight Irene,  we could sing, Irene, who the intercourse is Irene.

I call jinx, we said the same thing but on different threads at the same time. You owe me a coke at Wembley  

From the 'Chants at Wembley' thread

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 49
May 11, 2015, 10:38pm
Guest User
Quoted from Marinerz93
Heritage you say.

[youtube]42Ev3tJWZjs[/youtube]

Love this one
Reply: 15 - 49
mimma
May 11, 2015, 11:07pm
Brandy Drinker
Sorry Marinerz93, I don't do drugs, but I'd happily buy you a beer if you can find me that is
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 49
WappingMariner
May 12, 2015, 12:15am
Lager Top Drinker
Approval: +125
Quoted from immariner
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3riwciAx6Sk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4cWtA1LNvIg

Mariners can sound drab if there's not real vigour behind it or it's sung too quickly. Paul Hurst's Black & White army fizzles out these days because it is sung too quickly. A few years ago we were singing that for most of the second half against Lincoln and it sounded ace.

Is that David Burns in the first video on the right?

We've got Jason Pearcey, number one, we've got the best team in the land...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 49
mariner2000
May 12, 2015, 7:39am

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +3 / -1
Approval: +164
Gold Stars: 3
I would argue this part in particular of the Orphan Boy song would be great for the team to come out to.  With "NOW IS THE TIME" the culmination followed by the MAARRRRINEEERRSSS  chant

https://youtu.be/LwN1gQqdSDc?t=219
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype Skype
Reply: 18 - 49
Bignic69
May 12, 2015, 10:26am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +540
Gold Stars: 5
Quoted from WappingMariner

Mariners is rousing and sounds ruddy wonderful when chanted in unison. Wash your mouth out.

I'm not so sure to be honest, Mariners sounds like we're all having a bit of a whinge.

Back of the net
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 49
Southwark Mariner
May 12, 2015, 11:57am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,537
Gold Stars: 81
Quoted from Bignic69

I'm not so sure to be honest, Mariners sounds like we're all having a bit of a whinge.

have you ever seen a film called The Warriors? I've a friend who whenever I talk about gtfc starts chanting Mariners in the "warriors, come out to play" way. Funny but quite annoying
https://youtu.be/aRM2YcGpmxg?t=73
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 49
Bignic69
May 12, 2015, 12:28pm
Snakebite drinker
Thats a proper old skool movie, I have seen it, that would be quite menacing if we were chanting it like that lol.

Back of the net
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 49
big al
May 12, 2015, 12:47pm
Snakebite drinker
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +740
Quoted from KingstonMariner
SWWF not good enough?

the best. we never sing it long enough these days. my favourite chant by a country mile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 49
May 12, 2015, 1:24pm
Guest User
Okay well when I made the original post I thought it would be a little too much to ask for. As soon as I clicked on the post button I thought "I bet this will end up creating a big debate and other suggestions other than just a positive agreement"....

Sorry for any any differences in opinion that this might have caused guys and gals. My intentions were only good intentions. I saw this Wembley final as a real opportunity not to be missed for the Mariners fans to adopt a new anthem, arrive at the stadium on the same page and all prepared and to produce a terrific noise to get behind the team with. I guess I am just desperate for us to create a wall of sound and genuinely feel that if you can pin your club name to a specific anthem, it is something that nurtures a spirit of togetherness between the fans and the crowd and spurs the team on. If the team arrive well prepared with tactics at the ready, then what is wrong with us being the same as fans and supporters.

There are many clubs that have adopted anthems and to hear their fans in full voice behind their teams is really awesome. Believe me, when many thousands of Rovers fans sing "Irene" three or four times at the weekend we will be awe of the sound coming towards us and it will drive their players on. I just wanted us to have something special in our armory.

I don't think it would matter to any great extent what we chose as long as it was a powerful sounding song worthy of being an anthem and that we all agree on it. As terrific as our supporters are, and hey our away fans are terrific, I just feel that our repertoire is a bit limited and a bit outdated. Chants like FISH, Mariners, SWWF , GTFC PH Black n White Army and I long to be GTFC etc.are okay as they go, and of course it is good to have a few in the collection. But I just felt we needed a big un to throw out.

When you listen to the big clubs and their amazing anthems I think it is terrific. It's what you come to associate the clubs with as well as their nicknames. For instance when you think of Liverpool you think of You'll Never Walk Alone or Fields of Anfield Road. And yes I know they have massive support, but our lot sound smashing too when in voice.

Thank you anyway for you view everyone and enjoy your day at Wembley. I hope we are all celebrating together come Sunday tea time.  
Reply: 23 - 49
May 12, 2015, 1:48pm
Guest User
Just one final comment though. When you do hear "IRENE" coming our way from 30+ thousand Rovers fans, just spare a little thought about this conversation as we reply with any one of our own less powerful. LOL.
Reply: 24 - 49
jimgtfc
May 12, 2015, 2:00pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.64
Rep Score: +22 / -5
Approval: +5,009
Gold Stars: 40
I've always loved it when we sing elvis' I can't help falling in love.

"Falls to Arnold... Arnold! That's it! Thats it! He's sealed it! Grimsby Town are back in the football league!!! Just a minute to go and Nathan Arnold makes it 3-1! Look at the scenes behind the goal! Look at the relief! The agony is finally over!!!"

John Tondeur - Wembley Stadium Sunday 15th May 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 49
BIGChris
May 12, 2015, 2:12pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.98
Rep Score: +70 / -24
Approval: +2,654
Gold Stars: 6
My ticket is for the play off final not an audition for The Voice
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 49
cleefish
May 12, 2015, 2:25pm
L:incoln
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +10 / -4
Approval: +6
what about one love that sounds great at a match utm
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 49
big al
May 12, 2015, 7:46pm
Snakebite drinker
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +740
Quoted from 120790
Okay well when I made the original post I thought it would be a little too much to ask for. As soon as I clicked on the post button I thought "I bet this will end up creating a big debate and other suggestions other than just a positive agreement"....

Sorry for any any differences in opinion that this might have caused guys and gals. My intentions were only good intentions. I saw this Wembley final as a real opportunity not to be missed for the Mariners fans to adopt a new anthem, arrive at the stadium on the same page and all prepared and to produce a terrific noise to get behind the team with. I guess I am just desperate for us to create a wall of sound and genuinely feel that if you can pin your club name to a specific anthem, it is something that nurtures a spirit of togetherness between the fans and the crowd and spurs the team on. If the team arrive well prepared with tactics at the ready, then what is wrong with us being the same as fans and supporters.

There are many clubs that have adopted anthems and to hear their fans in full voice behind their teams is really awesome. Believe me, when many thousands of Rovers fans sing "Irene" three or four times at the weekend we will be awe of the sound coming towards us and it will drive their players on. I just wanted us to have something special in our armory.

I don't think it would matter to any great extent what we chose as long as it was a powerful sounding song worthy of being an anthem and that we all agree on it. As terrific as our supporters are, and hey our away fans are terrific, I just feel that our repertoire is a bit limited and a bit outdated. Chants like FISH, Mariners, SWWF , GTFC PH Black n White Army and I long to be GTFC etc.are okay as they go, and of course it is good to have a few in the collection. But I just felt we needed a big un to throw out.

When you listen to the big clubs and their amazing anthems I think it is terrific. It's what you come to associate the clubs with as well as their nicknames. For instance when you think of Liverpool you think of You'll Never Walk Alone or Fields of Anfield Road. And yes I know they have massive support, but our lot sound smashing too when in voice.

Thank you anyway for you view everyone and enjoy your day at Wembley. I hope we are all celebrating together come Sunday tea time.  

who knows - might happen yet
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 49
lee65
May 12, 2015, 9:19pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +2,450
Gold Stars: 9
Quoted from Bignic69
Thats a proper old skool movie, I have seen it, that would be quite menacing if we were chanting it like that lol.

Great film The Warriors, but you cant clink together plastic cups together while chanting  http://www.thefishy.co.uk/blahdocs/Smilies/wink.png
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 49
Les Brechin
May 12, 2015, 9:48pm

Posts Per Day: 4.19
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,645
Gold Stars: 168
Can anyone speak German and translate this?

[youtube]Lj9ISzXAUQU[/youtube]

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 49
May 12, 2015, 10:25pm
Guest User
Quoted from big al

who knows - might happen yet

I doubt it.

I sense a lack of enthusiasm for change.
Reply: 31 - 49
KingstonMariner
May 13, 2015, 12:46am
Meths Drinker
Quoted from 120790

Good intentions sir, but when you have 3000 regulars who don't all sing, you aren't going to get more than 20 people to learn a new song in 6 days, let alone 10-12,000. You gotta keep it simple and familiar, or it's got to be so easy and catchy and sung with gusto by several hundred before others catch on and join in.

Simple
Familiar
Loud
Repetitive

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 49
KingstonMariner
May 13, 2015, 12:48am
Meths Drinker
Quoted from 120790

Love this one

That is ace. Not heard it before.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 49
KingstonMariner
May 13, 2015, 12:58am
Meths Drinker
Quoted from Les Brechin
Can anyone speak German and translate this?

[youtube]Lj9ISzXAUQU[/youtube]

It's been a long time since I did it at school, but it's a wistful song told from the point of view of a seamen who'd travelled the world over, seen all the continents, sailed every ocean, seen beautiful sunsets, and golden sands.

But of all his trips the most memorable was across Der Nord See, to a fair town famous for fish, where the buildings reminded him of his dear hometown of Hamburg. And like home he found the people rough and ready, salt of the earth but welcoming. And just like Hamburg he met a woman on a street called Riby Square. And then it gets a bit hazy, I don't understand the idiom but I think it's something about spending the night "active" with her. Then he finds he's got crabs.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 49
Les Brechin
May 13, 2015, 7:13am

Posts Per Day: 4.19
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,645
Gold Stars: 168
Quoted from KingstonMariner

It's been a long time since I did it at school, but it's a wistful song told from the point of view of a seamen who'd travelled the world over, seen all the continents, sailed every ocean, seen beautiful sunsets, and golden sands.

But of all his trips the most memorable was across Der Nord See, to a fair town famous for fish, where the buildings reminded him of his dear hometown of Hamburg. And like home he found the people rough and ready, salt of the earth but welcoming. And just like Hamburg he met a woman on a street called Riby Square. And then it gets a bit hazy, I don't understand the idiom but I think it's something about spending the night "active" with her. Then he finds he's got crabs.

Ha ha, brilliant. I wonder if he ever released it in English.

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 49
May 13, 2015, 10:16am
Guest User
Right I'm going to sing Sailing on my bloody own and see who joins in...

Up the Mariners.
Reply: 36 - 49
Bignic69
May 13, 2015, 11:33am
Snakebite drinker
Quoted from 120790
Right I'm going to sing Sailing on my bloody own and see who joins in...

Up the Mariners.

Followed by a chorus of 'you're on your own'

Back of the net
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 49
moss_side_mariner
May 22, 2015, 6:15pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +9 / 0
Approval: +1,043
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from 120790
Just one final comment though. When you do hear "IRENE" coming our way from 30+ thousand Rovers fans, just spare a little thought about this conversation as we reply with any one of our own less powerful. LOL.

i think they sang it twice, but it did sound good. we were a lot louder. this got me thinking about an anthem we could adopt as our own. something catchy with a nautical/maritime theme
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5k9BiDRHANg

i've even heard it said it was played at a trawlermans funeral.

then thought about rovers "IRENE" or stokes "DELILAH" and the link is girls names, so what about....Molly Malone
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pXKLkLcdtjI

from the banks of the river humber, to the shores of sicilly
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 49
Marinerz93
May 22, 2015, 8:16pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from mimma
Sorry Marinerz93, I don't do drugs, but I'd happily buy you a beer if you can find me that is

Not that kind of coke mimma, I was driving that day  

Private Message
Reply: 39 - 49
Laddy89
May 22, 2015, 11:08pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +3 / -2
Approval: -185
Gold Stars: 6
I use to like it when Town walked out onto the pitch to ' WE WLL WE WILL ROCK YOU'
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 49
BackHeelTony
May 23, 2015, 11:04pm
Beer Drinker
Rep Score: +5 / -1
Approval: +325
Always thought Fisherman's Blues would be a good anthem for us

Would be great for the players to come out to(on a good pa system that is)

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_VKouBHarIo
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 49
KingstonMariner
May 24, 2015, 12:05am
Meths Drinker
Good toon Tone. Can't believe how long ago that came out.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 49
psgmariner
May 24, 2015, 7:06am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.70
Rep Score: +39 / -15
Approval: +5,478
Gold Stars: 33
Nothing much to add to this thread other than this:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=PJQVlVHsFF8

Ooka Chaka!

Private Message
Reply: 43 - 49
Sweden
May 24, 2015, 10:41am
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +318
Gold Stars: 8
Quoted from psgmariner
Nothing much to add to this thread other than this:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=PJQVlVHsFF8

Ooka Chaka!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w5jkAkm4JmM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 49
KingstonMariner
May 24, 2015, 11:03am
Meths Drinker
Quoted from mariner4life
Get your fingers ready for pressing the red crosses!! but what about... wait for it....

In the jungle (the lion sleeps tonight)?
awimba way awimba way in the pontoon etc etc ( im sure people with more wit than me can come up with better lyrics that are relevant)
no one sings that I don't think!
ill get my coat......

Errrr.....someone already has. Have you not hear the "win away" song?

"We're the Grimsby, the mighty Grimsby, we always win away."

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 49
BackHeelTony
June 21, 2015, 8:11am
Beer Drinker
Rep Score: +5 / -1
Approval: +325
How about

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=AgAHJKz-xvg

Could slightly change chorus to:

The rhythm of the park, is beating to the drum
With the black and white army roaring the boys on
No never will I roam, cos I know my place is home
Where the ocean meets the sky I'll be sailing
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 49
moosey_club
June 21, 2015, 8:44am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,144
Gold Stars: 220
For those of you that have access to the O.S watch the now showing 80's game vs Millwall..

The Maaaaarrriiinnneeerrrrsssss chant sung as it should be....not the Billy Whizz effect version that seems to have effected every song nowadays.

Kids of today...baaahhhhh.....no attention span so they have to sing everything in 5 secs otherwise its boring.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 49
oldun
June 21, 2015, 10:46am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.91
Rep Score: +57 / -5
Approval: +3,475
Can't help falling in love with you. (Elvis)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 49
AdamHaddock
June 21, 2015, 10:48am

Main Stander
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +36 / -5
Approval: +2,746
Gold Stars: 24
Can't find it on Youtube but there's a Strawbs song called The Man Who Would Never Leave Grimsby

[img]https://images.app.goo.gl/bymuz36koLHofSn79[/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 49
5 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › New GTFC Anthem?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.