Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › That feeling!
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 138 Guests

That feeling!

This thread currently has 5,016 views. Print
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Les Brechin
May 9, 2015, 5:19pm

Posts Per Day: 4.18
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,688
Gold Stars: 174
Quoted from topuphere666
My reply wasn't to you Les? It was the chap above me.

Ah, apologies. I'll let you off then,  

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 26
immariner
May 9, 2015, 5:43pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +3,405
Gold Stars: 59
excrement just got real after I booked train tickets. Bumming around the Smog on Saturday, crashing at my sister's, then to Wembley from Southwark in the morning. Got a nervous/excited jolt after I booked it.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 26
heppy88
May 9, 2015, 6:20pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +11 / 0
Approval: +3,079
Gold Stars: 40
Yeh really excited and so are a lot of others. Ive heard people of all ages and genders talking about The Mariners at Wembley, on the bus, at work, in supermarkets. Its something the whole town can get behind and there are few things that can do that! despite the fewer numbers of people probably going, there is still a buzz around the town. A Town win would really give the area a boost. UTM!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 26
Rick12
May 9, 2015, 6:58pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Looking forward to it Les.Bit of nerves and excitement like you have stated. As for the players just hope they give it their all and don't let nerves get the better of them and they do the club proud

UTM

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 26
KingstonMariner
May 9, 2015, 11:37pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.08
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
No nerves (yet?). Feeling positive and confident. Think Hurst's experience from 2 years ago will pay off in terms of mental preparation of the team. The team froze (metaphorically, as well as literally) last time. There'll be nerves in the team but now I think they're better at overcoming them, especially if we stay solid and supportive.

It's our turn. This Town knows.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 26
big al
May 10, 2015, 10:31am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +740
Quoted from topuphere666
You say big club fans won't get this feeling? I disagree. Grimsby are the only team for me but  I was fortunate/unfortunate enough to find myself with a ticket in the Stratford end for the Manc derby last season (city 3-0

The vibe and atmosphere around OT was something I haven't experienced at a football match for a while. Fans everywhere singing their hearts out.

It was incredible inside the stadium as well. The sheer volume of the singing made the hairs on my neck stand up!

I would much prefer an afternoon at BP anyday!

I was really pointing the finger at all those people in Grimsby or any other town for that matter who choose to 'support' Man U or Liverpool or any other other Premier League team rather than their home town. I've have been to Old Trafford on a couple of occasions and I agree, the atmosphere is undeniable.

When I asked a relative of mine recently why he doesn't get down to BP and support Town rather than pay the huge amount he does each month to watch football on Sky, his answer is "why would I want to watch football at that level when I can see top flight on the TV?". You, I and everyone on here know how he is missing the point and also missing out on so much more.

UTM I've eyes for no other team.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 26
MuddyWaters
May 10, 2015, 12:04pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,208
Gold Stars: 235
No nerves yet. All I want is the fans and players to leave Wembley with the feeling that we've left nothing behind. Hope we all have a great day and get the result that we need. UTM
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 26
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › That feeling!

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.