arryarryarry
May 7, 2015, 3:54am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,040
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from barralad

Labour weren't in charge at the time of the Great Coates debacle. It was a Tory/Lib Dem coalition...ring any bells!?

Erm I was answering a comment about the local/prospective MP not necessarily the local party.

So please do tell us all what Austin Mitchell has done for GTFC and the new ground.

Private Message
Reply: 20 - 60
Maringer
May 7, 2015, 6:28am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,490
Gold Stars: 185
Vickers is a decent bloke, I understand.

Don't forget, however, that a vote for him is a vote for Cameron and Osborne, two of the most devious and dishonest politicians for a generation. They even make some of the Thatcher era bunch seem principled!  

Hope everyone finds the time to vote. Nice day for it.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 60
arryarryarry
May 7, 2015, 9:20am
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Maringer
Vickers is a decent bloke, I understand.

Don't forget, however, that a vote for him is a vote for Cameron and Osborne, two of the most devious and dishonest politicians for a generation. They even make some of the Thatcher era bunch seem principled!  

Hope everyone finds the time to vote. Nice day for it.

Without trying to make this into another political rant you could include many MPs especially from the Labour Party (Gordon Brown one of the biggest and devious lying twits around).

It would be interesting to count up how many from each party have been sentenced to prison for being devious and dishonest.

Private Message
Reply: 22 - 60
moosey_club
May 7, 2015, 9:55am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,244
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from barralad

Labour weren't in charge at the time of the Great Coates debacle. It was a Tory/Lib Dem coalition...ring any bells!?

John Fenty was in charge....he got the planning permission but let it go....as he didnt have a sustainable plan to finance it without an enabling partner......a bit like Peakes Parkway or just about any other site we may identify, the club cant afford to move on their own and that isnt any council's or M.P's fault.
Enabling partners are required and that means a bigger development outside of the stadium one way or another which means changes to local plans, longer planning processes etc. If the club could self finance we would have been playing in the Sponsored by Conoco Stadium by now but it cant.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLW
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 60
gtfc98
May 7, 2015, 10:37am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.74
Rep Score: +45 / -21
Approval: +3,066
Gold Stars: 68
Just vote for Melanie Onn, she's bloody lovely.

No longer Sick of the BlueSquare  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 60
Maringer
May 7, 2015, 11:53am
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from arryarryarry

It would be interesting to count up how many from each party have been sentenced to prison for being devious and dishonest.

Not many of any party is the answer. They tend to get away with blue murder most of the time though the odd ones have been sent to prison for perjury.

Disagree with you about Gordon Brown's dishonesty as he wasn't too bad from what I remember (for a long-serving politician, that is). Call Me Dave, on the other hand... I'd check twice if he told me the sky was blue.  

Actually, it's nice not to have all the TV and radio banging on about the election campaign today. They aren't allowed to do much more than basic reporting on election day so it's pretty peaceful in comparison to the whirlwind of bullshit they've been putting out every 5 minutes for the past few months!

The only problem is that we've got weeks more of it to come if, as seems likely, there is another hung parliament.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 60
arryarryarry
May 7, 2015, 12:09pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Maringer

Not many of any party is the answer. They tend to get away with blue murder most of the time though the odd ones have been sent to prison for perjury.

Disagree with you about Gordon Brown's dishonesty as he wasn't too bad from what I remember (for a long-serving politician, that is). Call Me Dave, on the other hand... I'd check twice if he told me the sky was blue.  

Actually, it's nice not to have all the TV and radio banging on about the election campaign today. They aren't allowed to do much more than basic reporting on election day so it's pretty peaceful in comparison to the whirlwind of bullshit they've been putting out every 5 minutes for the past few months!

The only problem is that we've got weeks more of it to come if, as seems likely, there is another hung parliament.  

Mmmm perhaps you can tell me what happened to the promised referendum on the EU Lisbon Treaty.

Private Message
Reply: 26 - 60
Maringer
May 7, 2015, 1:07pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from arryarryarry

Mmmm perhaps you can tell me what happened to the promised referendum on the EU Lisbon Treaty.

Probably the same thing as Cameron and Osborne's promises not to raise VAT or have a top-down reorganisation of the NHS whilst reducing immigration to tens of thousands.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 60
BIGChris
May 7, 2015, 2:44pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.97
Rep Score: +70 / -24
Approval: +2,654
Gold Stars: 6
On the local scene and Park Ward in particular i see that Mr Defrietas is up to his old tricks again.

The day before the election, allowing no time for a response, he issued additional leaflets claiming the local labour candidate in his ward, non other than The Fishy's own Barralad is a 'plant' from the Trust to get the stadium plans through and a vote for Labour in Park Ward is a vote for a new stadium!

Now my knowledge of said Fishy member is that he has been a Labour party member for a lot longer than he has been Trust treasurer.

One thing it does say about Mr Defrietas is that he is running scared.

Make my day if DeF is ousted
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 60
gtfc98
May 7, 2015, 2:55pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.74
Rep Score: +45 / -21
Approval: +3,066
Gold Stars: 68
Quoted from BIGChris
On the local scene and Park Ward in particular i see that Mr Defrietas is up to his old tricks again.

The day before the election, allowing no time for a response, he issued additional leaflets claiming the local labour candidate in his ward, non other than The Fishy's own Barralad is a 'plant' from the Trust to get the stadium plans through and a vote for Labour in Park Ward is a vote for a new stadium!

Now my knowledge of said Fishy member is that he has been a Labour party member for a lot longer than he has been Trust treasurer.

One thing it does say about Mr Defrietas is that he is running scared.

Make my day if DeF is ousted

I think we all echo that! It would make my day if he left Grimsby and never came back!

No longer Sick of the BlueSquare  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 60
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Anti stadium politicians

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.