7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
HackneyHaddock
May 6, 2015, 7:36pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.34
Rep Score: +17 / -1
Approval: +3,619
Gold Stars: 1
Although I'm a Tory, I'd rather see Melanie Onn win Grimsby as Ayling is not only a nutter, but UKIP will kill the stadium plan stone dead with their "Pye in the Sky" idea.  

Coalition pleasantries don't extend to DeFreitas and I hope whoever the best place candidate in Park manages to unseat him, who happens to be Ian Townsend.  Not only is Ian Treasurer of the Mariners Trust, I also had the pleasure of working with him about ten years ago and he's a really decent bloke who would make a great councillor as well as a brilliant advocate for the club.  I hope my fellow Tories can put party loyalties to one side if they live in Park and give Ian their backing.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 60
heppy88
May 6, 2015, 7:39pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +11 / 0
Approval: +3,069
Gold Stars: 40
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 60
arryarryarry
May 6, 2015, 8:07pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +9,946
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from HackneyHaddock
Although I'm a Tory, I'd rather see Melanie Onn win Grimsby as Ayling is not only a nutter, but UKIP will kill the stadium plan stone dead with their "Pye in the Sky" idea.  

Coalition pleasantries don't extend to DeFreitas and I hope whoever the best place candidate in Park manages to unseat him, who happens to be Ian Townsend.  Not only is Ian Treasurer of the Mariners Trust, I also had the pleasure of working with him about ten years ago and he's a really decent bloke who would make a great councillor as well as a brilliant advocate for the club.  I hope my fellow Tories can put party loyalties to one side if they live in Park and give Ian their backing.

So what exactly have Labour done for the new ground these past 20 years.

Private Message
Reply: 12 - 60
jimgtfc
May 6, 2015, 8:08pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.64
Rep Score: +22 / -5
Approval: +5,009
Gold Stars: 40
Martin Vickers sits near me in the upper find us. Not sure about his view on relocation though.

"Falls to Arnold... Arnold! That's it! Thats it! He's sealed it! Grimsby Town are back in the football league!!! Just a minute to go and Nathan Arnold makes it 3-1! Look at the scenes behind the goal! Look at the relief! The agony is finally over!!!"

John Tondeur - Wembley Stadium Sunday 15th May 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 60
HackneyHaddock
May 6, 2015, 8:20pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.34
Rep Score: +17 / -1
Approval: +3,619
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from arryarryarry

Zilch, in common with all other parties.  The area has been badly served by politicians of all parties.  I think Martin Vickers has been good for the area and is a Town fan.  I would imagine he is for the relocation, but MPs tend to be careful voicing opinions on planning matters so as not to damage one side.  I would be amazed if John Fenty hasn't been having conversations with Martin about the subject.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 60
fishheadphil
May 6, 2015, 8:30pm

Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: -9
Quoted from jimgtfc
Martin Vickers sits near me in the upper find us. Not sure about his view on relocation though.

I'm no Tory, but he's a big town fan, spoke to him on the train a few weeks ago and he's very excited about plans for the new ground, he feels it will have a similar effect to what happened to Doncaster rovers, he came across as a decent nice genuine guy who hasd time to listen not at all what you expect from a politician!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 60
barralad
May 6, 2015, 9:54pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.33
Rep Score: +86 / -20
Approval: +9,195
Gold Stars: 121
Quoted from JoeTheMariner

Mr Defreitas and his Lib Dems didn't look to kindly on it.

Labour's candidate for the Park Ward is the Mariner's Trust secretary, I believe.

No he isn't!

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 60
barralad
May 6, 2015, 9:59pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.33
Rep Score: +86 / -20
Approval: +9,195
Gold Stars: 121
Quoted from arryarryarry

Labour weren't in charge at the time of the Great Coates debacle. It was a Tory/Lib Dem coalition...ring any bells!?

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 60
KingstonMariner
May 6, 2015, 10:01pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.12
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from Theimperialcoroner
Fruitcake ex Tory Ukipper, Victoria Ayling wants to build it on Pywipe between the sewerage outfall and the fishmeal factory. But only when the renewable energy runs out.

Which is the perfect metaphor for them really.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 60
Trawler
May 6, 2015, 11:50pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.22
Rep Score: +33 / -4
Approval: +915
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from Grim up north
As it's nearly voting time and there's not a lot to choose between the different parties can anyone remember which ones were against the stadium so i can wipe them off the list.

Here's the original thread with the views of Parliamentary candidates for GY

http://www.thefishy.co.uk/cgi-bin/forum/Blah.pl?m-1424478315/s-0/

"Pound for pound, and class for class, the best football team I have seen in England since the war. In the league they were in they played football nobody else could play. Everything was measured, planned and perfected and you could not wish to see more entertaining football." Bill Shankly, Manager GTFC 1951-54
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 60
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Anti stadium politicians

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.