2 Pages 1 2 All Recommend Thread
forza ivano
May 3, 2015, 11:13pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,128
Gold Stars: 265
I presume gowling has a broken nose? He was really in the wars .he would look quite a sight at Wembley with that hair and a zorro face mask!
What is the likelihood of Robertson being fit? His return could make a huge difference
Logged Offline
Private Message
TAGG
May 3, 2015, 11:22pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,962
Gold Stars: 124
In the Coach House tonight Robertson said he could well be fit for the Final. Hope hes right  

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 16
Trawler
May 4, 2015, 12:18am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.22
Rep Score: +33 / -4
Approval: +915
Gold Stars: 6
I saw Gowling drive his car out of BP after the game with Arnold in the passenger seat and Gowling's gf in the back seat. Gowling looked very happy. Broad grin on his face. I reckon he'll be fine Forza.

"Pound for pound, and class for class, the best football team I have seen in England since the war. In the league they were in they played football nobody else could play. Everything was measured, planned and perfected and you could not wish to see more entertaining football." Bill Shankly, Manager GTFC 1951-54
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 16
bobbyturtle
May 4, 2015, 1:12am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.76
Rep Score: +29 / -4
Approval: +954
Gold Stars: 18
warrior today

Icenian Prediction League 2015 (Game 2) winner
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 16
SamTheMariner
May 4, 2015, 8:23am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +4 / -1
Approval: -101
The only problem is who do you leave out. Gowling and Pearson have been superb and Toto looked solid at right back. Magnay has been brilliant wherever he's played. Just leave it as it is.

[img]http://www.thisisgrimsby.co.uk/images/localworld/ugc-images/275785/Article/images/18946866/4836403.jpg[/img]

Diz, a leader, a goal scorer, a true pro

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 16
Neilo83
May 4, 2015, 8:31am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +17 / -6
Approval: +262
Gold Stars: 4
It's gonna be one hell of a headache for Hurst, rather him then me!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 16
Freemoash88
May 4, 2015, 8:33am

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +893
Gold Stars: 2
Yeah I like Gowling and quality player and seems to link up well with Pearson. He's also done alright for himself going from a Team in financial ruins to a play off final Team.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 16
jaymariner
May 4, 2015, 8:35am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +406
I really like toto as a defender but he really struggles when going forward and that's why mackreth has struggled when paired with him on that side because every time toto gets the ball at his feet it goes too long or off the pitch . It's going to be a hard decision for hurst if Robertson is back available but I personally would prefer Robertson at right back and then with Pearson and Gowling being absolute rocks I believe toto could find himself on the bench for the final
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 16
BIGChris
May 4, 2015, 8:44am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.97
Rep Score: +70 / -24
Approval: +2,654
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from jaymariner
I really like toto as a defender but he really struggles when going forward and that's why mackreth has struggled when paired with him on that side because every time toto gets the ball at his feet it goes too long or off the pitch . It's going to be a hard decision for hurst if Robertson is back available but aI personally would prefer Robertson at right back and then with Pearson and Gowling being absolute rocks I believe toto could find himself on the bench for the final

Amazing!
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 16
jaymariner
May 4, 2015, 8:51am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +406
Quoted from BIGChris

Amazing!

Ooooops just realised what I did there. Just meant I would swop Robertson for Toto in the back 4, but I guess it depends if we are taking the game to Rovers or are going to sit back
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 16
forza ivano
May 4, 2015, 8:58am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,128
Gold Stars: 265
Personally think toto has been pretty awful at right back especially with his distribution. If Robertson is fit then it's case of round pegs for round holes. Ie full backs get the full back positions. If rovers forwards are like Eastleigh , ageing big etc then it's gowling but if they're the smaller younger nippier type then toto may be the man.gowling and Pearson is not exactly a pacey combination and neither Robertson nor magnay are whippets
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 16
oldun
May 4, 2015, 9:14am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +57 / -5
Approval: +3,475
I thought Robertson was walking about quite awkwardly yesterday but he may have his knee heavily strapped. In which case I would be amazed if he is fully recovered to take part in a vital game on the Wembley turf. Still I am happy to let the town management, physio and Gregor make the call. Could be crucial, you cannot carry anyone in a game like that.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 16
Tommy
May 4, 2015, 10:09am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +60 / -15
Approval: +8,865
Gold Stars: 76
Robertson may have recovered from his injury in time for the Final but I doubt he'll be match fit.

I rate him and we look more balanced with him in the side but I wouldn't throw him into a massive game with no match practice for several weeks.

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 16
MeanwoodMariner
May 4, 2015, 10:17am

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.39
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +2,673
Gold Stars: 8
I think he'll revert to Robertson if he's fit enough. Toto's height was useful for for the long ball style of Eastleigh but I think it would be great to get Magnay back to RB and get a left footer on the left.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 16
HertsGTFC
May 4, 2015, 10:19am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,880
Gold Stars: 227
Quoted from jaymariner
I really like toto as a defender but he really struggles when going forward and that's why mackreth has struggled when paired with him on that side because every time toto gets the ball at his feet it goes too long or off the pitch . It's going to be a hard decision for hurst if Robertson is back available but I personally would prefer Robertson at right back and then with Pearson and Gowling being absolute rocks I believe toto could find himself on the bench for the final

I would leave as is but did feel yesterday McKreth possible spent a lot of time set deep so he could double up with Toto especially when they brought that number 7 on at half time.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 16
Youngy
May 4, 2015, 10:20am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.22
Rep Score: +14 / -3
Approval: +1,667
Gold Stars: 9
The problem with Toto at right back at Wembley is that on a big pitch, he maybe exposed. It's a dilemma for sure
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 16
Garth
May 4, 2015, 10:26am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,921
Gold Stars: 26
IMO Toto although not a natural right back and not as strong as a match fit Gregor in that position, has earned his place at Wembley via the play offs and I expect Hurst will think the same.
Gregor on the bench for me unless sh1t happens
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 16
2 Pages 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Gowling and Robertson injuries

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.