Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Nathan Arnold and others.....
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 229 Guests

Nathan Arnold and others.....

This thread currently has 4,635 views. Print
2 Pages 1 2 All Recommend Thread
HertsGTFC
May 1, 2015, 3:58pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.27
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,908
Gold Stars: 228
Nathan Arnold deserved a good night last night and not only for his hard work and 2 stunning goals. Good players are not always good pros so this season apart from a fair few good performances we have seen,

- Came to the club on loan injured got his head down and waited for a chance - Many would have just drifted out
- Whilst injured travelled away with the team and was seen at Kiddy taking real time chatting to the disabled supports as they got off their bus and not just walking through and playing lip service to their attention.
- When a fan got hit with his shot in the warm up at Torquay he got in the crowd (despite a stewards best efforts to stop him) and went over to see if they where o.k.
- Takes a part time job in a local barbers right in the town where he plays.
- Came over to me and my lad after the Barnet game away to shake hands after the final whistle, I got carried away and kissed him on the head.........Well that's football.

Clearly a good player and a top pro!

I don't think I have seen a squad of Town players who all look happy and proud to play for GTFC and have been keen to be part of things both on and off the pitch. PH deserves credit as he appears to have put together a squad of lads who are all honest and have real heart and integrity.................Surely this season cannot end this Sunday?

UTM!        

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
northbankmariner
May 1, 2015, 4:26pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.33
Rep Score: +27 / -3
Approval: +525
A nice insight into what many of us don't see and appreciate about professional footballers. Good to hear nice things about them off the pitch. Well done Nathan.

CLAP
CLAP
CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP
FISH
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 18
SamTheMariner
May 1, 2015, 4:31pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +4 / -1
Approval: -101
Sounds like a nice bloke. As long as it's Eastleigh nil on Sunday we're happy.

[img]http://www.thisisgrimsby.co.uk/images/localworld/ugc-images/275785/Article/images/18946866/4836403.jpg[/img]

Diz, a leader, a goal scorer, a true pro

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 18
grimsby pete
May 1, 2015, 4:57pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.81
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,796
Gold Stars: 222
We have got a good squad of players not just on the pitch but off as well,

Whatever league we are in next season I hope we keep most of them.

Credit to Paul Hurst in signing them and creating a strong team spirit.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 18
LondonMariner43
May 1, 2015, 5:27pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.41
Rep Score: +19 / -4
Approval: +3,942
Gold Stars: 64
Let's hope Cambridge don't want him back. I think you have to back to the days of George Kerr's squad for anything like we have today.  Players seem a tight knit bunch and genuinely seem to like playing for the club and PH.  And there is a great rapport between fans, players and (finally it seems) manager.

Even in the Buckley era I felt this was lacking a bit.  Buckley was respected by fans and players but kind of kept his distance.

If we don't go up we must keep most of this squad and come firing out the blocks from game 1.  We can't afford to have another rebuilding job that doesn't come together till October.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 18
Mrs Doyle
May 1, 2015, 5:33pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
I love the way he always tries to crank the crowd up there are some real characters in the side at present Palmer,Magnay,Arnold,the shop just to mention a few, love a atmosphere.

I don't hold this big crowd bottling up thing, if we give them plenty of noise and backing those players will do the business. Just look how successful our away form is and some of that is down to the tremendous backing ALL THOUGH THE GAME.

Why BP is so quite remains a mystery it use to rock if we do this even when things are not the best those players WILL respond.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 18
MarinerRob
May 1, 2015, 5:37pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +1,432
Gold Stars: 107
Well impressed with his work rate and performance back in January when we beat Eastleigh 1-0.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 18
grimsby pete
May 1, 2015, 5:38pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.81
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,796
Gold Stars: 222
Quoted from LondonMariner43
Let's hope Cambridge don't want him back. .

Nathan is out of contract with Cambridge at the end of the season ( tomorrow )

So I am sure he will want to stay with us.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 18
AdamHaddock
May 1, 2015, 8:08pm

Main Stander
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +36 / -5
Approval: +2,824
Gold Stars: 26
Quoted from LondonMariner43
Let's hope Cambridge don't want him back.

According to wiki he's in the second year of a 2-year deal

[img]https://images.app.goo.gl/bymuz36koLHofSn79[/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 18
HertsGTFC
May 1, 2015, 9:48pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Deals run out on June 30th so we should know about him and the rest apart from Macca who got 2 years after that date  

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 18
Garth
May 1, 2015, 10:25pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,921
Gold Stars: 26
http://news.bbcimg.co.uk/media/images/82688000/jpg/_82688051_nathanarnoldcelebrates.jpg

Whos the guy in Eastleigh colours who is clearly enjoying our players goal celebrations?  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 18
KingstonMariner
May 1, 2015, 10:48pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from Mrs Doyle
I love the way he always tries to crank the crowd up there are some real characters in the side at present Palmer,Magnay,Arnold,the shop just to mention a few, love a atmosphere.

I don't hold this big crowd bottling up thing, if we give them plenty of noise and backing those players will do the business. Just look how successful our away form is and some of that is down to the tremendous backing ALL THOUGH THE GAME.

Why BP is so quite remains a mystery it use to rock if we do this even when things are not the best those players WILL respond.

Hope it does rock on Sunday. Even if it's not for 90 minutes hope we avoid the tetchiness you often get when things don't pan out.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 18
Rick12
May 2, 2015, 7:26am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Great initial post.Arnold for me looked a quality player on Thursday night and was the best on the park.

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 18
MrsMariner
May 2, 2015, 10:58am

Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +2 / -4
Approval: +432
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from Rick12
Great initial post.Arnold for me looked a quality player on Thursday night and was the best on the park.

Yes reminded me of Neilson at his best, hope we can keep him for next year wherever were playing
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 18
BIGChris
May 2, 2015, 11:15am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.97
Rep Score: +70 / -24
Approval: +2,654
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from HertsGTFC
Deals run out on June 30th so we should know about him and the rest apart from Macca who got 2 years after that date  

That is usually the case with FL contracts, such as Nathan Arnold's) but the majority of deals in the conference are 39 weeks and technically expired.

Once our fate is known either after Sunday or 2 weeks later the contracts situation will be sorted. Hopefully sending many of our lads off for the summer with new contracts under their arms, play off winner medals round their necks and full membership of the PFA for next season!

UTM
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 18
HertsGTFC
May 2, 2015, 11:30am

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from BIGChris

That is usually the case with FL contracts, such as Nathan Arnold's) but the majority of deals in the conference are 39 weeks and technically expired.

Once our fate is known either after Sunday or 2 weeks later the contracts situation will be sorted. Hopefully sending many of our lads off for the summer with new contracts under their arms, play off winner medals round their necks and full membership of the PFA for next season!

UTM

A happy summer for everyone then!

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 18
Rick12
May 2, 2015, 12:46pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Quoted from MrsMariner

Yes reminded me of Neilson at his best, hope we can keep him for next year wherever were playing
Hope so

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 18
RichMariner
May 2, 2015, 7:07pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +42 / -4
Approval: +9,132
Gold Stars: 209
The original post about Arnold reminds me of another one someone made about Toto, when he went round the dressing room and got autographs from all the players on behalf of a kid who couldn't make the game.

As others have said, this squad appears to be made up of genuinely good pros who want to play for the club and do it for the fans. Whether we go up or not, they're a squad to be proud of, and that's important too.

"Don't shine that light in my face, mate - I've just lost a pint of blood."
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 17 - 18
Teestogreen
May 2, 2015, 8:47pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: -127
Gold Stars: 22
Come on Nathan - another 2 of where they came from will do me - fantastic goals - you are indeed capable.

UTM

Blundell Park - The Home of Grimsby Town Football Club (still)  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 18
2 Pages 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Nathan Arnold and others.....

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.