mariner91
May 1, 2015, 12:51am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,578
Gold Stars: 260
Quoted from forza ivano
Should add v impressed with jamie Turley their centre half.mixed race lad number 25, v quick and strong.looked to have everything under control particularly second half

Agreed, was thinking if we needed a CB over the summer he would be an excellent addition.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 39
mariner91
May 1, 2015, 12:58am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,578
Gold Stars: 260
Pearson man of the match for me, won pretty much everything in the air. Great battling performance from all the team. Macca looked nervous as hell and Toto wasn't at his best. I would drop Palmer for Pittman on Saturday, he has really gone off the boil. Get the ball wide early on Saturday and really have a go at their defence. The Town fans were magnificent, hope it came across well on TV. The second half was particularly good when most people moved into the same stand.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 39
nightrider
May 1, 2015, 1:05am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +4 / -3
Approval: +464
Gold Stars: 10
LJL mom imo. The amount of running he did
Palmer probably played his last game for us? Not even sure his size is an asset anymore.
Would like to see the penalty shout again, was a worrying moment!

Christ you all wanted him sacked a few months ago. 6th place finish and he's now the messiah and can do no wrong  
Update:  I think I've got this right - He was the messiah. He then wasn't. He then was again. Then it turned out he actually wasnt. He turned into one big huge messiah again. Now he's not actually the messiah we thought he was . Now I'm hoping he rises again quickly
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 39
forza ivano
May 1, 2015, 1:09am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,128
Gold Stars: 265
Quoted from nightrider
LJL mom imo. The amount of running he did
Palmer probably played his last game for us? Not even sure his size is an asset anymore.
Would like to see the penalty shout again, was a worrying moment!

Forgot to mention that shop played his part defensively.was v strong at their corners and won a number of headers from their set pieces
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 39
nightrider
May 1, 2015, 1:17am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +4 / -3
Approval: +464
Gold Stars: 10

Christ you all wanted him sacked a few months ago. 6th place finish and he's now the messiah and can do no wrong  
Update:  I think I've got this right - He was the messiah. He then wasn't. He then was again. Then it turned out he actually wasnt. He turned into one big huge messiah again. Now he's not actually the messiah we thought he was . Now I'm hoping he rises again quickly
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 39
Theimperialcoroner
May 1, 2015, 1:23am

Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +47 / -4
Approval: +5,141
Gold Stars: 102
Very quickly; Dis and Pearson excellent, Gowling likewise. For me ref should've booked their lad early on for the cynical foul on the sideline, walked the lad who elbowed Disley but also how he didn't give a pen for Maccas Rush of blood is beyond me.
Need sleep

Batch, Crombie, Moore K, Wiggington, Cumming, Waters, Bonnyman, Ford, Emson, Drinkell, Whymark. Love you all, You are the reason I'm on here. You've had help from Todd, Handyside, Futcher P, Groves, Mendonca, Macca etc etc etc. Up The Mariners!!!!!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 39
Caesar
May 1, 2015, 1:30am

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +12 / -2
Approval: +1,799
What a fantastic bloody feeling!

Arnold has to be MOM for his 2 goals and some very good runs but a lot of good performances.  Agree that Mackreth was excellent in his defensive duties though and could of pushed him close as could Pearson.  Agree with the comments about McKewan, didn't look too comfortable and at times thought he was almost too 'up for it' and could of possibly benefited from being calmer.  Looking forward to seeing the game again on BT sport to examine our performance in more detail though, a nice luxary to have.  

Crowd were superb although why did the tools throw smokebombs?  Apart from that particuarly in the second half when the two groups of singing fans united in the main stand it was great to hear.  Also agree, think Eastliegh could have a lot better facilities and roads leading to the ground but they made up for it in excellent and friendly staff!  Cannot wait for Sunday now!

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 39
BIGChris
May 1, 2015, 7:27am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.97
Rep Score: +70 / -24
Approval: +2,654
Gold Stars: 6
Agree with Ceasar although I think McKeown was 'targeted' by Eastleigh from the start. They left their foot in on him several times and seemed lots of verbal stuff too. No excuse mind.

Outside of his goals I have to tdtally disagree with Ivano as I thought Arnold was superb when we didn't have the ball. His work rate and sheer pace to get back and chase men down was first class.

Pearson got his head to everything and although Toto's use of the ball was Parslowesque he defended very well.

Really really enjoyed the atmosphere. Fantastic loud support which must have helped the players dig in when they needed too.

Not over yet. Get to BP on Sunday if there is anyway you can

UTM
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 39
chicaneuk
May 1, 2015, 7:31am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.21
Rep Score: +14 / 0
Approval: +1,467
Gold Stars: 5
It has to be either Pearson for his consistent, solid defence or Arnold for two absolutely sublime strikes for Man of the Match.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 39
big al
May 1, 2015, 8:09am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +740
Quoted from LH

Dead right. Some bell end in the Cricks was cheering when Eastleigh scored theirs tonight.

Slightly dangerous I'd have thought. Strange mentality. Maybe one of too many sadly, in Grimsby, who don Man Utd, Liverpool, Chelsea shirts, turning their backs on what football should really be about.

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 39
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just Back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.