2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
lukeo
May 2, 2015, 6:35am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,293
Gold Stars: 134
I just hope PH See's this and starts Pittman with the Shop upfront. I don't think Palmer had a bad game, i'm just thinking tactically to get a goal or 2 to 'seal it' we need some pace up there.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 15
Rick12
May 2, 2015, 7:30am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Quoted from jock dock tower
Bar his woeful miss in the 7th minute I thought Palmer was a bystander for most of the game. Vast majority of link up play and high balls won was by JLL who I thought had a very good game. MOTM pearson by a country mile though. Great turn out by Town fans aslo, very well done to all who made the long journey so glory hunters like me can look at getting travel arrangements for Wembley sorted by Sunday night. UTFM!
Thought the same about Palmer.Was disappointed with him to be honest as in the Barnet game at our ground done really well and was expecting more from him.The other thing is how someones energy and commitment can make a difference .Eg the other lad for Eastleigh when he came on eg small stocky black lad who scored their goal made a difference for them I thought.

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 15
aldi_01
May 2, 2015, 8:45am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Not sure there is a need to change it. I agree that Palmer didn't offer much and should've taken his chance but the team selection and then the substitutions worked.

Im not sure their back four would cope with anything we throw at them. They've conceded a lot of goals and their tactic seems to be to kick us, foul us or just kick it really far and hope for the best at times.

I agree that Toto's distribution isn't/wasn't great but I think he's learned to get rid unlike early doors when he'd try and be a bit too clever. I certainly wouldn't be taking Gowling out the back four and although Brown has disappointed me of late he did play well Thursday night.

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 15
fiveallive
May 2, 2015, 8:06pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +11 / -3
Approval: +229
Gold Stars: 5
I was thinking maybe start Chappell instead of Mackreth on Sunday, Mackreth didn't get in to the game the other night where Chappell is looking for a new club next season so out to impress. I doubt he will drop Palmer because of his goals he scored against them in the league was close to scoring a third against them.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 15
mariner91
May 2, 2015, 8:15pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,563
Gold Stars: 259
I'd swap Pittman for Palmer and keep the rest of the side the same. I would look at introducing Chappell if either of the wingers aren't on their game. We've got to take it to them from the off. Get it out wide quickly and get running at them. If we get the first goal tomorrow, we'll win.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 15
rancido
May 3, 2015, 12:43pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,526
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from oldun
I was pleased PH did not go the Parsley option. I think he would have been bullied too easily. Not many manage to bully Toto, although I agree he could have pAssed the ball better.

I don't think RB is a position that Toto has played in much. If it seems on the field ( and to PH ) that his distribution isn't as good as it should be then it is up to our mid-field to help him out by offering him the easy , short pass options.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 15
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Pace

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.