BIGChris
April 29, 2015, 9:33pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.97
Rep Score: +70 / -24
Approval: +2,654
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from HertsGTFC

So won't we be able to buy them from the ticket office at BP?

No.
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 55
HertsGTFC
April 29, 2015, 9:37pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,884
Gold Stars: 227
FFS............... And there I was at the start of the season being sold my season ticket on the basis of "season ticket holders get priority"......... But seriously that is a right effing "sell out" by the Conference. Another reason to leave this league behind?  

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 55
UTFM
April 29, 2015, 10:57pm

Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Rep Score: +12 / -2
Approval: +23
Quoted from Les Brechin
Plus the fact that they'll only be sold via Ticketmaster with a £3.50 PER TICKET booking fee and postage charge on top.

I wish TicketBastard fees were as cheap here in the U.S.  If a ticket costs, say, $25, you can pretty much add 40-50% on top of that in TicketBastard fees (i.e., two $25 tickets will work out to roughly $75 total when the fees are added on). The rule I follow is that you get two tickets for the price of three.

I flipping hate TicketBastard!

"It is about Mike Parker taking over the club with an equally rich Icelandic business partner called Skarphedin Berg Steinarsson." (Career Underdogs)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 55
WokingMariner
April 29, 2015, 11:10pm

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +160
Gold Stars: 2
Quoted from KingstonMariner
If that's true Chris I don't think I'll bother on principle (if we did make it to the final). As Les says, £3.50 booking fee on top. It's already a soulless experience with an empty bowl. The FA can go FACUP themselves.

Miss possibly the greatest moment in our history for £3.50! How will you explain that to your grandchildren (or great grandchildren if you already have grandchildren) in years to come when they ask you what it was like to be there?

Up the Mighty Mariners
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 43 - 55
WokingMariner
April 29, 2015, 11:11pm

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +160
Gold Stars: 2
Quoted from moosey_club

Its the whole package Chris, cant believe i would even consider it myself but yet i will should we make it, transport costs, ticket handling fee, ticket cost, soulless stadium (to me) , inevitable food and drink bill at some point of the day and to what added benefit over watching it on my TV?  Just to say i was there? I have been to the proverbial "there" plenty of times with GTFC so it wouldnt bother me if i won't on this occassion , if having considered all other factors i decide not to.
Seeing GTFC stroll out at old Wembley for the first time in their history wont be matched in my eyes or emotions regardless of the occassion/prize.

Have you ever grasped the concept of a day out?

Up the Mighty Mariners
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 44 - 55
northbankmariner
April 30, 2015, 10:03am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.33
Rep Score: +27 / -3
Approval: +525
I get what moosey_club states in that nothing will match that great day in 1998 when many of our lifetimes ambitions were realised in seeing grimsby play, and win at wembley. I get it I really do. This game is also huge though returning back to the league is enormous for the club the town and every supporter connected with gtfc. It is an expensive day out. FACT. But if we get there and if we were lucky to achieve promotion and I was only watching it on tv I would feel so gutted I wasn't mixing with20000 other town fans and the euphoria that would create would come close to those feelings of 98 as this actually means so much more than Cardiff or cup finals we have been in. I still remember falling of my seat dancing to rocking all over the world and glad all over etc in '98. Motors that are now 17 years old but I will never forget. The chance of getting back in the league and experiencing those feelings again I cannot put a price on,

CLAP
CLAP
CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP
FISH
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 55
moosey_club
April 30, 2015, 10:05am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,211
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from WokingMariner

Have you ever grasped the concept of a day out?

Yep, Wembley, Cardiff, Liverpool, Arsenal, Everton,Villa, Man City, Chelsea, Boro, Wimbledon, Reading etc etc etc etc not to mention the Stokes, Chesterfields, Sheff Weds, etc etc etc.
Have the badges already for days out and do you know what, right now financially, logistically and on principle, to be there for myself doesnt swing it. Other factors yet to be considered if we do make it ,so who knows but at the moment 80/20 against.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 55
H19P1
May 5, 2015, 7:57am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +710
Has anyone got a seating plan that shows our allocated seats for Wembley?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 55
Rodley Mariner
May 5, 2015, 8:00am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.37
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,239
Gold Stars: 176
My wife is due on May 9th so unless we get a prompt arrival I'm copulated. If I make it I'll be wasting as much cash as possible on warm Tuborg, horse-burgers and sweatshop manufactured nylon shite.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 55
May 5, 2015, 8:12am
Guest User
Born in 96. Wouldn't miss this game for the world.
Reply: 49 - 55
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Play off Final ticket prices

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.