Quoted from grimsby pete

I have been to all of Towns visits to Wembley and Cardiff,

Yet I have not spent a penny on food or drink there,

We take rolls and a drink with us from home,

AND

Consume them in the car park,

I suppose with the modern availability of fast foods,

Younger people do not do that.

I dont spend the money in the stadia or on barrow boy products it is just the principle of the matter that annoys me so much especially when it comes to the FA doing it, they market themselves as looking after grass roots, their new "whole game" system and the respect campaigns etc but at the first opportunity they will commit daylight robbery on their customers/family.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLW
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 55
moosey_club
April 29, 2015, 3:49pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,244
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from BIGChris

PS I can't believe some fans say they wouldn't go to watch their team as they don't like the stadium/food

Its the whole package Chris, cant believe i would even consider it myself but yet i will should we make it, transport costs, ticket handling fee, ticket cost, soulless stadium (to me) , inevitable food and drink bill at some point of the day and to what added benefit over watching it on my TV?  Just to say i was there? I have been to the proverbial "there" plenty of times with GTFC so it wouldnt bother me if i won't on this occassion , if having considered all other factors i decide not to.
Seeing GTFC stroll out at old Wembley for the first time in their history wont be matched in my eyes or emotions regardless of the occassion/prize.

2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 55
arryarryarry
April 29, 2015, 5:42pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,040
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from moosey_club

Its the whole package Chris, cant believe i would even consider it myself but yet i will should we make it, transport costs, ticket handling fee, ticket cost, soulless stadium (to me) , inevitable food and drink bill at some point of the day and to what added benefit over watching it on my TV?  Just to say i was there? I have been to the proverbial "there" plenty of times with GTFC so it wouldnt bother me if i won't on this occassion , if having considered all other factors i decide not to.
Seeing GTFC stroll out at old Wembley for the first time in their history wont be matched in my eyes or emotions regardless of the occassion/prize.

We don't want any fanny talk like that, if we get to the play-off final get yourself there and when we have hopefully smashed whoever we play you can watch it all again when you get home..
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 55
mariner91
April 29, 2015, 5:55pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,626
Gold Stars: 260
If we get to Wembley I will definitely be there despite the rip off. This club has had over a decade of disappointments, false dawns and general shiteness. We've all stuck with them through all that, why deny yourself the first potential opportunity to see something good happen to the club in years?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 55
moosey_club
April 29, 2015, 7:13pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,244
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from mariner91
If we get to Wembley I will definitely be there despite the rip off. This club has had over a decade of disappointments, false dawns and general shiteness. We've all stuck with them through all that, why deny yourself the first potential opportunity to see something good happen to the club in years?

i wouldnt, i would be watching on the telly wouldnt i? , being the pessimistic GTFC fan i am i can already feel the hurt, anger and overwhelming disappointment while contemplating seeing Barrow and Bromley next season as i trundle along on the long journey home back north...

FFS please prove me wrong Town.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 55
KingstonMariner
April 29, 2015, 7:32pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
As long as people keep buying it they'll be tret like sheep.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 55
FishOutOfWater
April 29, 2015, 8:17pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.14
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,573
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from KingstonMariner
As long as people keep buying it they'll be tret like sheep.

I was thinking more like sh it  
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 36 - 55
JonnyK
April 29, 2015, 9:04pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +1 / -1
Approval: +18
Wow. Just wow. I cannot believe people are actually saying they won't go to the playoff final should we get there.  How about we go support our team on what could be one of the biggest games in our history? And, if money is tight, how about we agree to go 2 and maybe a bit hours without having some junk food or a pint?

intercourse it, if all you nay-sayers go I'll start a petition to stop Ticket Master having a monopoly on play off finals.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 55
gytone
April 29, 2015, 9:12pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +1,022
Gold Stars: 7
Quoted from JonnyK
Wow. Just wow. I cannot believe people are actually saying they won't go to the playoff final should we get there.  How about we go support our team on what could be one of the biggest games in our history? And, if money is tight, how about we agree to go 2 and maybe a bit hours without having some junk food or a pint?

intercourse it, if all you nay-sayers go I'll start a petition to stop Ticket Master having a monopoly on play off finals.

I agree, yes it will be an expensive rip-off ( and I hate being ripped -off ), yes I cant stand the FA and everybody involved in it, and don't particularly like Wembley, but will I be there for the play-off final should we get there.....absolutely YES, I will go and support MY team hopefully getting promoted back to were we belong, and every Town fan worth his salt should be there if they possibly can IMHO  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 55
HertsGTFC
April 29, 2015, 9:32pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,909
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from Les Brechin
Plus the fact that they'll only be sold via Ticketmaster with a £3.50 PER TICKET booking fee and postage charge on top.

So won't we be able to buy them from the ticket office at BP?

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 55
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Play off Final ticket prices

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.