Rick12
April 23, 2015, 9:10am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Quoted from KingstonMariner
Can't see it breaching 12k. Feel good factor of the post-FGR phase has well and truly withered. 3 disappointing finals. Shite venue for a small final. Shite value for money. Can't see many people bothering. It's a relatively local fixture for me but I'd only go out of a sense of duty* so I can't see many glory hunters going.

* if it was somewhere sensible like Villa Park I'd be more enthusiastic.
Personally though like the idea of going to Wembley.Biggest stage for a important game even if it is lower down the leagues. Another thing is feel its a good day out for players and fans alike as if it was held somewhere else eg Villa park wouldent have the same allure. Must be special for the players as well playing at Wembley as opposed to say a lesser stadium .

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 33
1mickylyons
April 23, 2015, 9:19am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,383
Gold Stars: 56
Very difficult to get coaches etc organised but massive game for a Club with the traditions of GTFC but the big word is IF. People keep on counting the chickens before they hatch and then they wonder why they are so disappointed so far Mr Hurst has failed to deliver in big games so lets just wait and see what happens over 2 legs first.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 33
Chrisblor
April 23, 2015, 9:33am

Elemér Berkessy
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +51 / -20
Approval: +8,783
Gold Stars: 233
The idiot running the conference twitter account seems to reckon they've already flogged 7000 tickets to neutrals as part of their VANARAMA CONFERENCE PROMOTION FINAL BIG DAY OUT (ugh) promotion.

Will be very strange if we get there to be sat with that many attendees who aren't bothered who wins.

gary jones
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 33
TownSNAFU5
April 23, 2015, 9:56am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,876
Gold Stars: 42
18K - 19K.  It is live on TV and we went to Wembley recently.  The novelty has worn off for lukewarm supporters, even if this match (if we get there) has so much more riding on it.

The weather will certainly be warmer this time!
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 33
MarinerWY
April 23, 2015, 10:21am

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +11 / -5
Approval: +1,988
Gold Stars: 47
I think it all depends on who we are playing. If we are playing Bristol, then yes I can see us hitting the 20k mark. It would be a great final: albeit one I don't want as I fancy our chances more against some Eastleigh/Forest Green/Macclesfield, but we can still turn over Bristol.

If it's against any of the other teams, I'd say we'll get around 17k.
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 33
Jarmo.Is.God
April 23, 2015, 10:24am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +6,050
Gold Stars: 86
I believe the neutral tickets have its own section, and they only cost £10, so would imagine alot of them just won't turn up
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 33
arryarryarry
April 23, 2015, 11:13am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,040
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from Rick12
Personally though like the idea of going to Wembley.Biggest stage for a important game even if it is lower down the leagues. Another thing is feel its a good day out for players and fans alike as if it was held somewhere else eg Villa park wouldent have the same allure. Must be special for the players as well playing at Wembley as opposed to say a lesser stadium .

Not if we get there and lose.

Private Message
Reply: 16 - 33
Rick12
April 23, 2015, 11:14am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Quoted from arryarryarry

Not if we get there and lose.

Fair enough  

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 33
pizzzza
April 23, 2015, 11:50am

Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 1.06
Rep Score: +20 / -10
Approval: +6,701
Gold Stars: 137
Quoted from Chrisblor
The idiot running the conference twitter account seems to reckon they've already flogged 7000 tickets to neutrals as part of their VANARAMA CONFERENCE PROMOTION FINAL BIG DAY OUT (ugh) promotion.

Given that ticket in recent years have been about £40 I'm starting to wish I invested in one of these £10 vouchers when I had the chance. I suspect that the extortionate prices will put people off too.

As you say, the guy running the conference twitter is a sharp object and I can just see him now gleefully telling fans that they should've got the £10 vouchers when people inevitably tweet him to complain about prices.
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 33
BIGChris
April 23, 2015, 12:11pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.97
Rep Score: +70 / -24
Approval: +2,654
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from pizzzza

Given that ticket in recent years have been about £40 I'm starting to wish I invested in one of these £10 vouchers when I had the chance. I suspect that the extortionate prices will put people off too.

As you say, the guy running the conference twitter is a sharp object and I can just see him now gleefully telling fans that they should've got the £10 vouchers when people inevitably tweet him to complain about prices.

These were the prices for last years final. The extortionate handling & postage charges are a true rip off;

TICKETS:
The Football Conference has appointed an Official Ticket Agency for the sale and distribution of the tickets.
PRICING:
Level 1 - Adults £36, Under 16's £18.
Level 2 (Club Wembley) - Adults £41, no concessions.

There will be a booking fee of £3 per ticket for tickets priced at £36 and £41.  A booking fee of £1.50 per ticket will be applied for tickets priced at £18.  
There are three postage options available, 1st Class at £2.35, Special Delivery at £6.25 or collection from Wembley at £1.95

Private Message
Reply: 19 - 33
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Wembley support if we get there

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.