Eastendmariner
April 21, 2015, 5:47pm
Mariners Trust Life Member
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +8 / -5
Approval: +926
Gold Stars: 22
As I said on social media abs Tin Pot  3 days ago we were playing Thursday with a Sunday kick off at 4-15 .I had planned to book the train/bus to get to the game . Now we could be playing weds and or Sun /Mon  with a kick off on Sunday 12-15 ffs or mon  .If you live round the corner it's not so bad  but I live 200 miles away . That's why it will always be Tin Pot Conferance

Mariner Trust Life Member  

Seen the Mariners win AWAY at 70 league Grounds

Grounds Visited 281[img][/img]

Blundell Park a Training ground for bum ref's
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 31
BIGChris
April 21, 2015, 5:51pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.98
Rep Score: +70 / -24
Approval: +2,654
Gold Stars: 6
Conference now saying they have an objection from Humberside Police!!!
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 31
LH
April 21, 2015, 6:03pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,389
Gold Stars: 169
Might just be easier to just promote us as champions to be honest.
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 31
alvinghammariner
April 21, 2015, 6:10pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +32 / -7
Approval: +114
If we are playing on the sunday why the hell does it have to be 12.15? Pain in the bottom for exiles!

Now based in reading, do I class as an exile yet?
http://twitter.com/#!/HenryBarber
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 31
thevera
April 21, 2015, 6:43pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +10 / -5
Approval: +992
Gold Stars: 5
Quoted from BIGChris
Conference now saying they have an objection from Humberside Police!!!

If that's the case the police must be saying they can't cope with Hull and Town at home on the same day (Monday) so one of them needs to be changed and I can't see it being the Hull game! In which case Town on the Sunday which would suit the Bristol Teams.
The conference really don't care one bit about the fans, something that was set in stone as Wednesday/Sunday for one semi and Thursday/Sunday for the other can suddenly get changed at such a late stage not taking any consideration for fans who have changed work or booked trains etc. Another example being Lincoln v Eastleigh last weekend changing the kick off time with 6 days notice.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 31
ex-merseymariner
April 21, 2015, 7:22pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +12 / -10
Approval: +1,397
Gold Stars: 9
I did a blog on this for the Trust a few days back, but even my blog was out of date as soon as i wrote; the situation is ever-changing!    I don't see any excuse for this uncertainty; all very avoidable. If nothing else, they shouldn't have announced the dates and then unannounced them the way they did.     Agree with the post above; it shows a lack of respect for fans; there's not an apology, just an announcement like a statement of fact; its still up in the air  

http://www.marinerstrust.co.uk/playoff-scheduling-up-in-the-air/

#newera;   New owners, new approach;  'we bought Grimsby Town to help renew the place we love'  
Join the Trust, get involved: UP THE MARINERS!  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 31
BIGChris
April 21, 2015, 7:46pm
Season Ticket Holder
I guess the kick off times are what the police are disputing?
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 31
The Yard Dog
April 21, 2015, 8:31pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +14 / -2
Approval: +3,443
Gold Stars: 74
Dates and times to be confirmed tomorrow
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 31
BIGChris
April 22, 2015, 1:23pm
Season Ticket Holder
Conference tweeted that the only sticking point re the announcement is between GTFC & the local police.

Now in my world the job of the police is to protect people at events not stop them going ahead. Would a Sunday afternoon or a Monday afternoon fixture  really mean a break down in law and order??

I just can't understand the problem. In the past we had much bigger crowds and they went ahead as planned plus the police acted accordingly. Am I missing something is there some neo nazi march planned for that weekend?
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 31
gtfc98
April 22, 2015, 4:48pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.74
Rep Score: +45 / -21
Approval: +3,038
Gold Stars: 65
Quoted from BIGChris
Conference tweeted that the only sticking point re the announcement is between GTFC & the local police.

Now in my world the job of the police is to protect people at events not stop them going ahead. Would a Sunday afternoon or a Monday afternoon fixture  really mean a break down in law and order??

I just can't understand the problem. In the past we had much bigger crowds and they went ahead as planned plus the police acted accordingly. Am I missing something is there some neo nazi march planned for that weekend?

My guess is that they're not happy about a 4:15 kick off on bank holiday monday. I think they're going to move it to 12:15 which doesn't bode well for me as I won't be able to get away from work as early as that. Very frustrating.

No longer Sick of the BlueSquare  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 31
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Play off dates confirmed

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.