Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Is anyone confident?
Users Browsing Forum
AdSense, Googlebot and 309 Guests

Is anyone confident?

This thread currently has 7,365 views. Print
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
diehardmariner
April 17, 2015, 11:25am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,581
Gold Stars: 537
Quoted from Kymariner12
Confident of getting to Wembley but not if it's against Bristol. They could bring around 30.000 000 fans and we haven't scored against them this season. It's easy to feel worried after 2 poor results but look at our away form and again a stellar defensive record.

They've only scored once against us and that was with Parslow at centre-back.  That's not a slur on Parslow either, but since that game Toto has hit top form and we've brought Gowling in as superb cover.

We've done enough against the teams in and around the play-offs to fear no-one.  

Private Message
Reply: 10 - 41
Abdul19
April 17, 2015, 12:32pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,552
Gold Stars: 215
Quoted from diehardmariner

They've only scored once against us and that was with Parslow at centre-back.  

And the ball went out of play!

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 41
FishOutOfWater
April 17, 2015, 12:50pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.14
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,573
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from SamTheMariner
Of getting promoted, I'm more confident than the two previous seasons and we'd have gone to Wembley last year if it weren't for Macca and Hatton and that idiotic referee!

Bearing in mind those factors Sam, I'm confident that we'll get to Wembley but will we win? You got a couple of x ratings against your post though so some must think you're wide of the mark  

I really do hope so...another disappointment there with what will be the biggest stakes we've ever faced at the new stadium would be too much to take

Just hope we get lucky for once...that counts so much on the day (and of course us playing to our potential) so could / should see us back in the league!  
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 12 - 41
FishOutOfWater
April 17, 2015, 12:57pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.14
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,573
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from Kymariner12
Confident of getting to Wembley but not if it's against Bristol. They could bring around 30.000 000 fans and we haven't scored against them this season. It's easy to feel worried after 2 poor results but look at our away form and again a stellar defensive record.

Just twisting things around because I've seen mentioned elsewhere how we beat Cheltenham home and away in 2005/6 and then blew it on the day in Cardiff

Who's to say that if we did meet Brizzle that we couldn't do something similar and get the win...nothing is written in stone that they will beat us. Anything can happen and I'd think there wouldn't be that much to chose between the two of us on the day. Be perfect symmetry in some ways us playing them...it was the first game of the season and it would be the last.

Who knows maybe Lenny would be our hero converting a sitter this time
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 13 - 41
Garth
April 17, 2015, 1:26pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,921
Gold Stars: 26
Because we are going to play teams that are our equal I will feel confident
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 41
horsforthmariner
April 17, 2015, 2:08pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +2,610
Gold Stars: 9
I just think we will do it this time.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 41
Caesar
April 17, 2015, 3:26pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +12 / -2
Approval: +1,799
I must admit I am not feeling that confident.  But then I have always been a very pessimistic guy when it comes to football.  No matter what arguments are made or how I try to gee myself up I always find myself conjuring up a picture of failure.  

However I do think this will be our best chance yet, we can definitely beat anyone on our day as we have been aware all season, I also think our squad is the strongest squad in years.  Whatever happens in the next 2 games we have to try remember that invulnerable feeling we had before Gateshead at Home and if that isn't possible for eternal pessemists  like myself, I just hope it is for Hurst and the players!

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 41
MeanwoodMariner
April 17, 2015, 3:33pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.39
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +2,673
Gold Stars: 8
We're about 3 times more likely not to go up  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 41
Madeleymariner
April 17, 2015, 10:06pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +23 / -15
Approval: +3,050
Gold Stars: 49
Anyone not feeling confident should walk round with a tampax in their pocket
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 41
Fcukthescunts
April 17, 2015, 10:09pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.22
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +776
Think we will get to final and then it is just about which team wants it more and doesn't fear the occasion.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 41
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Is anyone confident?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.