lew chaterleys lover
April 12, 2015, 11:23pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,547
Gold Stars: 231
Quoted from ginnywings

If you call missing one game fickle, because i had family visiting from away, then yeah, i'm not worthy. Hope you feel better for that dig.

I do apologise. It was a cheap shot. Ive missed games myself in the past when I have been frustrated with the club for various reasons.
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 20
ginnywings
April 12, 2015, 11:28pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.05
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +55,972
Gold Stars: 538

I do apologise. It was a cheap shot. Ive missed games myself in the past when I have been frustrated with the club for various reasons.

Fair do's. Family turned up earlier than expected or i would have gone, although they wouldn't have minded if i had, so i admit to using them as an excuse. Have to say that i'm glad i stayed at home and spent the £18 on some rather nice bottles of real ale.

I'll be there for the rest of the games, living in hope.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 20
sparko501
April 13, 2015, 12:02am
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Approval: +97
I just hope we don't play like we did Saturday, where that performance came from I really don't know, it was bizarre.

We all know what this team us capable of, and just need to remain positive and not get on the players backs, let's support them and encourage them! They are a great bunch of lads and deserve success this season.  The club as a whole have been fantastic this season, we deserve to be back in the league! UTM!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 20
Fcukthescunts
April 13, 2015, 12:11am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.22
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +776
Let's back the team, Manager and club for next 4/5 games. So many opinions on what has and hasn't been good this season, Home form, Manager, certain players etc.
We can talk about the past two play off campaigns and how we haven't mustered up much of a fight but I do genuinely believe the team are more committed than in past seasons so will make a better fist of it. Yes Saturday was disappointing and the manner of the defeat was not good by all accounts but come on everyone of us on this messageboard want us to go up so let's back the Team and try to get out of this league! UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 20
KingstonMariner
April 13, 2015, 1:50am
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.12
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from ginnywings

Fair do's. Family turned up earlier than expected or i would have gone, although they wouldn't have minded if i had, so i admit to using them as an excuse. Have to say that i'm glad i stayed at home and spent the £18 on some rather nice bottles of real ale.

I'll be there for the rest of the games, living in hope.  

And therein lies the issue that BigChris raised. What'll do for Paul Hurst's reign in the end is the damage it's doing to the club's commercial prospects (if we aren't successful, i.e. promoted).

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 20
KingstonMariner
April 13, 2015, 1:55am
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.12
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
I agree with Chaos, it's not whether the fans believe or not it's whether the players and Paul hurst really believe. If they demonstrate that they do the crowd will stay with them.

When we equalised v Gateshead and were pressing for another the roofs of 3 stands would well and truly have been lifted. Sure the supporters at BP can be quick at times to get agitated. I think that's partly why the atmosphere can be flat - people are trying to stop themselves shouting criticism so they don't make any noise at all.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 20
fishheadphil
April 13, 2015, 9:24am

Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: -9
Quoted from jonnyboy82
I'm not gonna get sucked in I'm just gonna take it as it comes..

As a Grimsby fan I've learned to hope for the best and prepare for the worst that way you can't ever get too depressed.

Acceptance I suppose.

True, the one thing stopping me being confident is the ability of the manager to make the right decisions on the day, we will be defensive and negative in the approach to the play offs and this will backfire on us yet again for the umpteenth time, but hey I've only been watching them for 30 years so what do I know.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 20
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
April 13, 2015, 10:21am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.35
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from fishheadphil

True, the one thing stopping me being confident is the ability of the manager to make the right decisions on the day, we will be defensive and negative in the approach to the play offs and this will backfire on us yet again for the umpteenth time, but hey I've only been watching them for 30 years so what do I know.

Important that the first leg is a good result. It bothers me though that a good result away could be wasted at home by over-cautious tactics and the opposition having a physical go in midfield. Town need to play well in both legs and dominate the games.

The remaining league games matter as well. The temptation is understandably to rest players, avoid injuries and suspensions, sit back and wait for the play offs. I'm far from sure this side could do that and then raise its game again. We could do with entering the playoffs on a roll and with confidence.

The bottom line is that the players are capable providing the manager makes certain the mental approach is very positive and the tactics are aggressive.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 20
Biccys
April 13, 2015, 10:29am
Posts Per Day: 2.05
Rep Score: +55 / -22
Approval: +1,226
Gold Stars: 27
Quoted from jonnyboy82
I'm not gonna get sucked in I'm just gonna take it as it comes..

As a Grimsby fan I've learned to hope for the best and prepare for the worst that way you can't ever get too depressed.

Acceptance I suppose.

Is there not another reason for that in your case this season though.....?! 2 more games to go, Lenny needs 2 more goals doesn't he? (Play offs don't count, they're not league games.)

@biccysthefishy

£110,105

[url]https://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/mariners-trust/[/url]
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 18 - 20
ackomariner
April 13, 2015, 11:59am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Rep Score: +20 / -8
Approval: +1,216
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from Biccys

Is there not another reason for that in your case this season though.....?! 2 more games to go, Lenny needs 2 more goals doesn't he? (Play offs don't count, they're not league games.)

By his games since January Jonny will be safe, well his bottom will be....

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 20
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Lets just believe

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.