2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
HackneyHaddock
April 8, 2015, 1:32am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.34
Rep Score: +17 / -1
Approval: +3,619
Gold Stars: 1
I bet Bournemouth fans are bricking it in case they go up and have to face Man Utd and Chelsea.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 16
Fcukthescunts
April 8, 2015, 8:23am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.22
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +776
Let's get there first. #believe
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 16
aldi_01
April 8, 2015, 8:32am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.04
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
In reality Bournemouth fans probably are a tad worried about going up. Yes they'll enjoy every minute but long term it could be detrimental to the club.

They've already nearly been wound up and faced sanctions for it. Not to mention the businesses they owed money too that never got anything even when they became financially safe, going up could start the whole thing all over again.

Is it worth the risk? Probably but there still has to be some understandable caution...

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 16
acko338
April 8, 2015, 8:33am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +43 / -6
Approval: +3,211
Gold Stars: 33
I'll discuss it further after the middle of May, when my thought process will be loads clearer, I'll have finished my holiday and will have celebrated or suffered, and my finger nails will have recovered and regrown !!

I pray that it's automatic, as I'm abroad for the play off period and it could ruin the holiday for my other half if I'm grumpy !!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 16
grimps
April 8, 2015, 9:00am
balderdash
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +21 / -19
Approval: +4,993
Gold Stars: 46
Of Bournemouth was sensible and kept the same team if they got promoted they'd have no problems , give that team a healthy pay rise , say 50% . Then save the rest which would keep set a club like them up for life. The problems come when promoted teams start to spend silly money on average players and still get relegated
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 16
gary_elton
April 8, 2015, 9:18am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.20
Rep Score: +23 / -6
Approval: +1,243
Gold Stars: 6
"Small" clubs that went up to the Prem... Barnsley  and  Bradford , and Leeds...  not exactly done them much good,
unless we had a 50,000 stadium it wouldnt be worth it for Town... we'll still be a a 3 sided BP in twenty years....

All my pictures , Seem to fade to black and white.... (Reg Dwight)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 16
TownSNAFU5
April 8, 2015, 9:56am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,773
Gold Stars: 41
I think that promotion brings new benefits and risks.  Change can be good or bad.  It is better to be there than not at all.  

A real problem is complacency and managing heightened expectations.  I remember Charlton being mid-table in the Premiership for a few seasons.  Quite a few of their fans were getting fed-up.  When they slipped down the leagues, they soon realised what they taken for granted and sorely missed.

Similar to Town when we were in the Championship and playing Chelsea, Man City and Newcastle. Now we play teams that we have not heard of before and do not know where they are in the country.

Any chance of promotion should be taken - whatever the perceived risks of this.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 16
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Life after promotion

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.