chicaneuk
April 5, 2015, 11:43am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.21
Rep Score: +14 / 0
Approval: +1,440
Gold Stars: 5
Quoted from lee65
To be fair to the ref Jack could easily have got booked for the celebration (in the current stupid climate!)

What I don't understand about that - I've seen our players get booked for celebrating several times at games, yet despite other teams doing the same I've never seen them get booked. It really does feel like the officials have it in for us sometimes.

Regarding Jack's goal though.. there's no other word for it - a total peach. One of the best of the season IMHO.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 24
HackneyHaddock
April 5, 2015, 2:08pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.34
Rep Score: +17 / -1
Approval: +3,619
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from BIGChris

Roly is alive and very well. He is comparing the Mariners Trust evening with Graham Taylor a week on Friday

I've been wondering what had happened to Roly and I'm delighted to hear that he's well and still around the club.  He and John Moore had a great double act on commentary over the years and Roly came up with some memorable quotes that bring back great memories for lots of us.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 24
grimps
April 5, 2015, 2:33pm
balderdash
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +21 / -19
Approval: +4,993
Gold Stars: 46
Quoted from HackneyHaddock

I've been wondering what had happened to Roly and I'm delighted to hear that he's well and still around the club.  He and John Moore had a great double act on commentary over the years and Roly came up with some memorable quotes that bring back great memories for lots of us.

As Roly might have said '' You will not see a better goal anywhere ever ''  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 24
HackneyHaddock
April 5, 2015, 3:20pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.34
Rep Score: +17 / -1
Approval: +3,619
Gold Stars: 1
You will not see a better goal on any football pitch anywhere in the world.  Ever.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 24
arryarryarry
April 5, 2015, 10:27pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +9,946
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from rancido
I thought his goal was superb and shows what he is capable of. Unfortunately we don't see enough of this and TBH I have been disappointed in Makreth so far. PH said he had been after him for two seasons and when he came here I was expecting a very lively winger who was prepared to take on defenders. This hasn't been the case on a regular basis. Yesterday was a prime example when he came up against a very mediocre full-back but never pressurised him enough.

I would agree with that, in fact up to his goal I didn't think he did that much, but after I thought that is the sort of display I was expecting most weeks considering how many on here lauded his signing.
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 24
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Jacks screemer today

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.