3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
gtfc82
April 4, 2015, 7:39pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Approval: +616
Quoted from Mrs Doyle
Just love that commentator he is town through and through.

He's been commentating for as long as I've been a Town fan, so at least 25 years! It wouldn't be the same without him!
I used to enjoy listening to his co-commentator Roly Godrey. Does anyone know if he's still alive?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 24
KK_DOG
April 4, 2015, 7:40pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.19
Rep Score: +14 / -2
Approval: +472
Mighty Mariner goes steaming in to the celebration, then loses his head. Quality.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 24
BIGChris
April 4, 2015, 8:16pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.98
Rep Score: +70 / -24
Approval: +2,654
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from gtfc82

He's been commentating for as long as I've been a Town fan, so at least 25 years! It wouldn't be the same without him!
I used to enjoy listening to his co-commentator Roly Godrey. Does anyone know if he's still alive?

Roly is alive and very well. He is comparing the Mariners Trust evening with Graham Taylor a week on Friday
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 24
lee65
April 4, 2015, 8:29pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +2,450
Gold Stars: 9
To be fair to the ref Jack could easily have got booked for the celebration (in the current stupid climate!)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 24
sparko501
April 5, 2015, 12:01am
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Approval: +97
Absolutely cracking strike, he deserves it to, he always puts 100% in, just needs a bit more confidence when running at people, like he did today to get his goal, well chuffed for him! He needs to do that more often!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 24
immariner
April 5, 2015, 12:04am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +3,387
Gold Stars: 59
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RuET8oHb7vA

An even better video in a way. Real fans' eye view (including post!). Have watched them both a dozen times, I went mental! One of the best strikes I have seen at the park.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 24
Grimal
April 5, 2015, 12:11am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +20 / -3
Approval: +2,850
Gold Stars: 8
Had to laugh at Ollie during the goal celebrations, he looked like he was going to chase after Jack with the rest of the team to celebrate but for some reason he veered off coarse like an helicopter out of control.All in all a bit of a strange display from Ollie today. Still we all have off days,back to his normal self come monday.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 24
Mrs Doyle
April 5, 2015, 12:13am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
All wingers rely on confidence but jacks goal today was superb, they doubled up on him today they know our main threat comes from that side time to even things up bit. Got first glimpse of Chapell on the left wing he looked nippy and helped with the equalizer Thought Hurst did the right thing today maybe Chapp's could be another good signing hope so.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 24
aldi_01
April 5, 2015, 9:37am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.04
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Palmer loves it when we score. His reaction often reminds of that of a fan, lots of jumping, arm waving screaming and shouting...

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 24
rancido
April 5, 2015, 11:15am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,449
Gold Stars: 92
I thought his goal was superb and shows what he is capable of. Unfortunately we don't see enough of this and TBH I have been disappointed in Makreth so far. PH said he had been after him for two seasons and when he came here I was expecting a very lively winger who was prepared to take on defenders. This hasn't been the case on a regular basis. Yesterday was a prime example when he came up against a very mediocre full-back but never pressurised him enough.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 24
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Grismby Town Forum - The Fishy GTFC Fishy Boards Archive › Jacks screemer today

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.