Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Southport Away?
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 186 Guests

Southport Away?

This thread currently has 5,029 views. Print
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Fcukthescunts
April 1, 2015, 5:43pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.22
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +776
Southend?!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 30
Mrs Doyle
April 1, 2015, 5:53pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
lol Southport even.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 30
Wrawby_Mariner
April 1, 2015, 5:58pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.72
Rep Score: +50 / -13
Approval: +862
Gold Stars: 6
You go to the game, I'll go to the festival mate, I'll be down there anyway with little to no chance of getting a S'port ticket.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype Skype
Reply: 22 - 30
immariner
April 1, 2015, 7:10pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +3,411
Gold Stars: 60
Quoted from diehardmariner
I can't see anyone confirmed as Champions until the final day of the season.

I'd tend to agree there. If anyone will be crowned champions before the last game it will be Barnet (one point lead and better GD).
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 30
chaos33
April 1, 2015, 11:27pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,929
Gold Stars: 357
Quoted from Rodley Mariner

Ridiculous isn't it? We're not even favourites yet some people are talking like it's a formality. Gateshead first, forget the rest until then.

There are evidently many people who dwell in the extremes of 'positivity' and 'negativity' (for want of better words) on this board aren't there.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 30
Brisbane Mariner
April 1, 2015, 11:44pm

UTM!
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.19
Rep Score: +12 / -2
Approval: +163
Quoted from thevera
If we win our next 4 games  barnet would have to drop 5 points and Rovers would have to drop 4 points. So whilst it is certainly possible I would say it is unlikely.
However if we are top going into that game there is always the possibility of clinching the title at Southport, if that's the case can you risk not going?

And we are not unfamiliar with the odd lapse in concentration leadfin to a giant intercourse up on the results ledger - Rodders is right ONE GAME at a time! we all want the same thing but I reckon we need to not get ahead of ourselves! UTM

Its hard enough remembering my opinions without remembering my reasons for them!
Brisbane - beautiful one day and perfect the next! UTM!!!

Religion: An Idiotic holding of firm belief in an unknown entity. The more challenging it gets, the firmer the hold. Atheists are often condemned as enemies, infidels or morons. Strange rituals are performed at the weekend. My Religion is GTFC!
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 25 - 30
LH
April 1, 2015, 11:48pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,500
Gold Stars: 173
Quoted from chaos33

There are evidently many people who dwell in the extremes of 'positivity' and 'negativity' (for want of better words) on this board aren't there.

I always seem to be at the polar opposite to the general consensus. Earlier in the season when Hurst's tenure was being questioned by many on this board I had faith in him to turn it around and now that we have I have become all pessimistic. I'm just putting it down to nerves and I'm sure by Saturday I'll be back at the other end of the scale.
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 30
big al
April 1, 2015, 11:57pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +740
But what's the problem with getting ahead of ourselves. We're not the players. If the players were saying we're going to be champions then of course we should be be saying hang on a minute let's not get carried away.

It's ages since we had a team that we could truly believe in. We really do stand a chance of going up and a more than slim chance of being champions. If we don't then so be it. Many fantastic teams have suffered glorious failure and I would rather be full of unbridled optimism than be trying to put the brakes on. There is nothing to be gained by being falsely modest or cautious. If we do win every remaining game then I think it'll be because the team were brimming with confidence and we imposed ourselves on everyone else.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 30
KingstonMariner
April 2, 2015, 1:07am
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from LH
You can't do maths without numbers.

Well that makes algebra a waste of time then.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 30
LH
April 2, 2015, 6:19am

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,500
Gold Stars: 173
Quoted from KingstonMariner

Well that makes algebra a waste of time then.

Not the only reason it's a waste of time. I did say a smartarse would prematurely jump on that post in the next post.
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 30
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Southport Away?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.