2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
diehardmariner
April 1, 2015, 3:30pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,522
Gold Stars: 536
I like Robertson but Townsend was superb.

I'd go as far as saying Townsend was the best left-back we've had since...errrrr.
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 14
horsforthmariner
April 1, 2015, 3:46pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +2,598
Gold Stars: 9
Quoted from diehardmariner
I like Robertson but Townsend was superb.

I'd go as far as saying Townsend was the best left-back we've had since...errrrr.

Gallimore?

One of my favourite Town Footballers
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 14
horsforthmariner
April 1, 2015, 4:09pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +2,598
Gold Stars: 9
The only thing I'd add is that Townsend was playing alongside some absolute dross - it may have made him look a bit a better than he really was.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 14
cmackenzie4
April 1, 2015, 4:18pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 11.27
Rep Score: +130 / -10
Approval: +14,345
Gold Stars: 34
Let's smash em!  I really hope we win these smug cheats, really looking forward to this one.

Grimsby and proud!
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 14
rancido
April 1, 2015, 8:13pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,567
Gold Stars: 96
I think PH deserves a lot of credit for our improvement. He has learnt season by season what is required to be successful in this league. He is still relatively young but has only been his own man for 2 seasons. The transition from being the co-manager of a part-time 6th level club to sole manager of a  full-time 5th level club ( with an absolute target of getting back into the League ) is huge. Expectations are high and fans can be very unforgiving if things go wrong. You only have to look at Luton's repeated attempts to gain league status with constant managerial changes and all the disruption that goes with it. We have got stability, an obvious teamsmanship in the squad and a general feeling of confidence at the club and among the supporters.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 14
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Last Season vs This Season

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.