grimsby pete
April 7, 2015, 6:00pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.81
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,793
Gold Stars: 222
Quoted from TownSNAFU5
Grimsby pete, sorry, I was no 1 in the queue at 0900 hrs today for Wrexham tickets.  Made a difference to being no 45 last week with a 2.5 hour wait.  

You must have got up earlier than me then mate,

I got up early to ring the club,

Its nice having a lie in and not having to go to work.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 42
HertsGTFC
April 7, 2015, 9:44pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,909
Gold Stars: 228
We always do this a bit of success on the pitch and the ticket police come out and make stupid rules. We live in Stevenage and for the Trophy Semi away leg last year they would not sell me a ticket in advance despite the window time from going on general sale to the game day being small and posting tickets would have been risky ......... Had to pay extra to get 24 hour delivery, they came 48 hours later!

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 42
HertsGTFC
April 7, 2015, 9:44pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,909
Gold Stars: 228
We always do this a bit of success on the pitch and the ticket police come out and make stupid rules. We live in Stevenage and for the Trophy Semi away leg last year they would not sell me a ticket in advance despite the window time from going on general sale to the game day being small and posting tickets would have been risky ......... Had to pay extra to get 24 hour delivery, they came 48 hours later!

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 42
HackneyHaddock
April 8, 2015, 1:53am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.34
Rep Score: +17 / -1
Approval: +3,619
Gold Stars: 1
As a rule, in any business, if a customer phones you up and says "Can I pay you?" your response should be "YES, please read me the number across the front of your card".

NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER turn down a sale.  Money in the bank and pipeline sales are VITAL to struggling businesses (I still put GTFC as a struggling business) so I can't for the life of me understand why they're turning down people's money.  If someone rings up and wants to buy a £5 Lincs Senior Cup ticket for the summer we should be biting their hand off.  I'm also amazed a £30/35 package wasn't done for the last three games.

The only possible reason I can think of in mitigation is that the club doesn't have the IT systems in place to be able to run sales for multiple events at any one time.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 42
chaos33
April 8, 2015, 9:04am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,929
Gold Stars: 357
Good balanced post that

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 42
TownSNAFU5
April 8, 2015, 9:17am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,877
Gold Stars: 42
The Club certainly missed a trick not packaging the last 3 home games.  If we had lost at Alfreton then the tickets sales would have reduced for the last 2 home games.

As said above,  money in the bank.  Don't turn it down.  I was surprised when ringing up for Gateshead tickets that I could not buy Wrexham tickets at the same time.  This for a game only 7 days later.  

(For big music giggs, they will take your money about a year ahead).
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 42
grimsby pete
April 8, 2015, 9:40am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.81
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,793
Gold Stars: 222
I think the clubs computer system can only run one game at a time,

How much do these things cost to up date,

Compared to how much money they are losing,?

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 42
HackneyHaddock
April 8, 2015, 1:46pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.34
Rep Score: +17 / -1
Approval: +3,619
That's probably it, grimsbypete.  My business has a really basic CRM that does invoicing and it costs a few grand over the year.  The larger company I also work for has a system that cost quarter of a million to upgrade.  Something for GTFC could cost somewhere in the tens of thousands I'd have thought.  Add to that the fact that they've not really had the situation of needing to do pre-sales before, at least since the days of big cup games or promotion/relegation run-ins.  In any case, I hope the commercial team would have a look at it to at least run the numbers.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 42
FishOutOfWater
April 8, 2015, 1:55pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.14
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,573
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from HackneyHaddock
As a rule, in any business, if a customer phones you up and says "Can I pay you?" your response should be "YES, please read me the number across the front of your card".

NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER turn down a sale.  Money in the bank and pipeline sales are VITAL to struggling businesses (I still put GTFC as a struggling business) so I can't for the life of me understand why they're turning down people's money.  If someone rings up and wants to buy a £5 Lincs Senior Cup ticket for the summer we should be biting their hand off.  I'm also amazed a £30/35 package wasn't done for the last three games.

The only possible reason I can think of in mitigation is that the club doesn't have the IT systems in place to be able to run sales for multiple events at any one time.

I'm pretty sure that Town have offered a multiple ticket option before...definitely while we were in the league, so could have been that 2009-10 season or time might be playing tricks on my memory and it was even earlier than that?

As I remember it you could buy a block of five games at a discounted price...it was easy enough to do it then so no real reason why it couldn't have been repeated again at the end of this season

I understand from when I made a phone booking for the Gateshead game that each call they take in the ticket office is allocated about 8 minutes from getting through to order being processed (although if you have an account already in place, of course this won't take so long)

Imagine what it's going to be like again next week though if we are still in with a shout when the Aldershot tickets are released on general sale...a few hundred people waiting "patiently" on line for hours on end again is not the best way to get people on board.

As a one-off maybe fans can live with it but for those of us who can't get to the ground to wait in line, it's not really on to have to wait so long every time you want to make a phone booking. The option of having a "last month of the season multiple ticket" would have had this sorted without all the frustration imho
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 38 - 42
MrsMariner
April 8, 2015, 2:04pm

Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +2 / -4
Approval: +432
Quoted from grimsby pete
I think the clubs computer system can only run one game at a time,

How much do these things cost to up date,

Compared to how much money they are losing,?

I don't think it's that, I've bought tickets for two matches before, I don't know what the idea was unless the Alfreton ticket sales were the problem but they had sold out of those by the time I tried to buy tickets for G'head & Wrexham
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 42
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Wrexham Game

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.