Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Gateshead - one step at a time
Users Browsing Forum
AdSense and 352 Guests

Gateshead - one step at a time

This thread currently has 4,711 views. Print
3 Pages 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
March 31, 2015, 12:39pm
Guest User
Can't even think about Alfreton yet. Like the players, the fans need to just focus on the Gateshead game and take one step at a time.

Let's not get nervous. Let's all smile because that releases tension. Let's be happy with our terrific team and back them with confidence.

Do not get on their backs at Blundell Park. Only positive encouragement and support is needed. The same type of positive support that they get at away fixtures.

Good luck Town

gtfc98
March 31, 2015, 12:48pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.74
Rep Score: +45 / -21
Approval: +3,038
Gold Stars: 65
All about Gateshead! Come on Town!

No longer Sick of the BlueSquare  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 25
excusebeef
March 31, 2015, 1:18pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +8 / -1
Approval: +296
I do worry we're all getting carried away with Monday. The only focus should be this Saturday right now
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 25
Tinymariner
March 31, 2015, 1:31pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.74
Rep Score: +30 / -2
Approval: +1,456
Gold Stars: 12
Let's pack the park on Saturday and get waving those flags as well as singing our hearts out for the lads. This is the closest we have been to automatic promotion since we've been down in the conference. The only thing we, as fans, can do is support the team in any way we can, UTFM.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 25
big al
March 31, 2015, 1:37pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +740
My philosophy is this - even if we drop points on Saturday or lose, it's not the end of the world. A big dent in our chances undoubtedly but Barnet and Bristol are not going to walk through all their matches. Look at how many people thought we'd blown it because we only drew away at Chester and dropped a couple of points.

Play and be damned I say - as soon as we start getting cagey about it then the nerves set in. A few weeks ago we were on our way to the play-offs at best. We shouldn't be confident just because of the run we're on, we should be confident because we are the best team in this league and we deserve to be champions.

Let's develop a deserved swagger - tonk Gateshead, then move on.

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 25
pizzzza
March 31, 2015, 1:38pm

Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +20 / -10
Approval: +6,657
Gold Stars: 135
This 'one game at a time' talk is just football manager speak. After 12-odd years of mostly misery supporting Town from now until the end of the season I'm going to allow myself to dream.
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 25
mariner91
March 31, 2015, 1:40pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,250
Gold Stars: 253
Let's pack the park on Saturday and get properly behind the boys. If everyone brings a friend and something black and white, be it a scarf or a flag or whatever then the ground will be full and look awesome. When BP gets going, it's magnificent but too many times in recent years it hasn't. We need to take the atmosphere from away games and transfer it to home games. The Heed are struggling for players and on paper we should beat them, particularly because I'm hoping our players will want to get another one over the cheating barstewards and we, the fans, can't make a difference, the players have said as much. UTM

Looking forward to a brighter future now Fenty has gone.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 25
grimsby pete
March 31, 2015, 1:43pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.83
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,753
Gold Stars: 221
Gateshead are not at their best,

They have another long journey to London tonight,

They will be there for the taking,

Our players are focused,

Its going to be another super Saturday.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 25
RichMariner
March 31, 2015, 1:53pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +42 / -4
Approval: +9,109
Gold Stars: 204
I had a look at Gateshead's line-up against Eastleigh on Saturday, still some names I recognise.

I know it's been reported that they're missing 9 or 10 players, but how many of those are genuine first-teamers, who have 20+ starts this season?

I agree they have a few injury problems - maybe to two or three key players - but that'll be the extent of it. They still put up a fight against Eastleigh and I'm sure they'll put up a fight against us.

I expect they'll have more possession than us too, so we need to be patient.

"Don't shine that light in my face, mate - I've just lost a pint of blood."
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 8 - 25
TownSNAFU5
March 31, 2015, 1:58pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,773
Gold Stars: 41
You might recognise some of the Gateshead players.  But Jon Shaw CF, is playing as a CB due to their injury crisis.   (No Oster either).
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 25
Abdul19
March 31, 2015, 3:07pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.42
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,449
Gold Stars: 214
I'm guessing that Baxter's amazing ability to avoid contact means he's not injured.

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 25
immariner
March 31, 2015, 3:43pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +3,387
Gold Stars: 59
We need all FOUR stands on it! Half an hour before kick off we need to be spurring each other on by singing loud and proud. Let's be the noisiest, most passionate mother flippers this division has ever seen at home. We already do it away. Let's excrement the life out of the Gateshead players and make them wish they played for us. Let's do this excrement!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 25
Southwark Mariner
March 31, 2015, 3:53pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,537
Gold Stars: 81
Quoted from immariner
We need all FOUR stands on it! Half an hour before kick off we need to be spurring each other on by singing loud and proud. Let's be the noisiest, most passionate mother flippers this division has ever seen at home. We already do it away. Let's excrement the life out of the Gateshead players and make them wish they played for us. Let's do this excrement!

on that note...perhaps the song from the dark night rises. I'm sure they chant "FISH FISH, BATTER, BATTER" in that:

[youtube]mrxyOJfy0ww[/youtube]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 25
buckstown
March 31, 2015, 4:11pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.41
Rep Score: +16 / -6
Approval: +5,121
Gold Stars: 77
Am I the only nervous Mariner who thinks a lot of people are getting carried away too early?
This is GTFC and the fishy, we don't do tub thumping positivity!!
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 25
Abdul19
March 31, 2015, 4:17pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.42
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,449
Gold Stars: 214
If we're not 1 up inside 10 minutes I'm going to boo mercilessly

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 25
immariner
March 31, 2015, 4:22pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +3,387
Gold Stars: 59
There's no issue with getting carried away about each game as it comes, that's what this thread is about. We know as supporters that we can make a difference.

What's most important at the minute is the next game and nothing more.

I'm getting carried away because it's the first home game I've been able to attend since the aberration that was Lincoln and I can't make Alfreton!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 25
Maringer
March 31, 2015, 4:27pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.86
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,141
Gold Stars: 180
Quoted from Abdul19
If we're not 1 up inside 10 minutes I'm going to boo mercilessly

See if you can smuggle in some rotting fruit/vegetables to pelt the players with if we're not winning at half-time.  
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 25
Mrs Doyle
March 31, 2015, 4:36pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
Yep no doubt about it Alfreton should not overshadow the Gateshead game ticket sales for saturday are going well lets sell out and really make a racket the players are use to this away but we need to get BP rocking get there early and sing loud and proud.

If you don't leave that ground with a croaky voice you have not tried look at Ollie on his way home last Saturday for inspiration.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 25
Mrs Doyle
March 31, 2015, 4:41pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
Quoted from Southwark Mariner

on that note...perhaps the song from the dark night rises. I'm sure they chant "FISH FISH, BATTER, BATTER" in that:

[youtube]mrxyOJfy0ww[/youtube]

FROM THE BLACK N WHITE RISES I GIVE YOU

FISH,FISH.  BATTER.BATTER, FISH,FISH, BATTER,BATTER, LOL

lol hilarious love it SOUTHWALK Thanks for posting made my day that lol
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 25
Southwark Mariner
March 31, 2015, 5:04pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,537
Gold Stars: 81
pleased you liked it
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 25
forza ivano
March 31, 2015, 5:09pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.47
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,139
Gold Stars: 265
Quoted from RichMariner
I had a look at Gateshead's line-up against Eastleigh on Saturday, still some names I recognise.

I know it's been reported that they're missing 9 or 10 players, but how many of those are genuine first-teamers, who have 20+ starts this season?

I agree they have a few injury problems - maybe to two or three key players - but that'll be the extent of it. They still put up a fight against Eastleigh and I'm sure they'll put up a fight against us.

I expect they'll have more possession than us too, so we need to be patient.

As far as i can tell Gtaeshead are almost back to full strength - just their keeper, a defender and oster missing

ps anyone know how many tickets we've sold for this?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 25
WHYWONTYOULETMESIGNUP
March 31, 2015, 6:44pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.64
Rep Score: +16 / -2
Approval: +3,689
Gold Stars: 72
This games another one ill have to miss due to work, get to see the last two home matches of the season though so not too bad
However oster is a bit of a miss for them from what ive seen, at least in a match like this, just seemed like a good passer and a calming presence for them
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 25
wycombemariner
March 31, 2015, 8:10pm
UTM
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.34
Rep Score: +19 / -4
Approval: -56
The Gateshead team news for tonight

Furthermore, there appears to be no end in sight for the manager’s unprecedented injury crisis, with a clutch of first-team players unavailable for the foreseeable future.

JJ O’Donnell, Phil Turnbull (both foot), Andrai Jones, John Oster (both knee), Ben Clark (groin) and Matty Robson (hip) will all be missing again at Princes Park.

Goalkeeper Adam Bartlett is set to be absent from a third successive game for the first time this season, as he continues to recover from an internal injury sustained at Dover.

The Heed will also have to do without midfielder Josh Gillies, who serves the second of a three-match suspension tomorrow night.

Mills can, however, welcome Adam Campbell back to the fold, with the on-loan Newcastle United forward having been sidelined for the last month with an ankle injury.

Despite a disappointing fortnight, the manager’s faith in his troops remains as strong as ever ahead of the trip to Kent.

He said: “I was disappointed [on Saturday], as I know that a win would have given all of us a bit of a lift.

“But you always have to be realistic as well, and to keep asking these players to produce the effort that they are putting in – and pick up results with that effort – is a tough, tough ask.

“But they gave me everything, and they’ll give me that again on Tuesday.

“We want to come back with three points against Dartford, and we want to finish as high as we can.

“We’ve got six games left, and we want to win all six.

“We’ve got some tough ones, but we’ll keep going, and we’ll see what it brings.”

The Heed saw off Tony Burman’s side 1-0 at the International Stadium earlier in the campaign, with departed forward Danny Wright heading a second-half winner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 25
Peeler_Crab
April 1, 2015, 4:03am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +371
Gold Stars: 2
Quoted from forza ivano

As far as i can tell Gtaeshead are almost back to full strength - just their keeper, a defender and oster missing

ps anyone know how many tickets we've sold for this?

Up to Tuesday lunchtime, it was just over 1,000.

“What has Alan Buckley got in his pocket!" Roly Godfrey - Blundell Park - 1990.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 25
fiveallive
April 2, 2015, 4:39am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +11 / -3
Approval: +229
Gold Stars: 5
Gateshead will be a tough game we beat them at their place followed by a big win against Alfreton both of these games have come back to back this season which is a bit ironic both games will be really tough and both teams will be out avenge the losses earlier in the season both teams have for town players if i was Joe Ironside i would be playing out my skin to beat grimsby town because they didn't want me i would want show them what their missing.

There is any doubt that the Gateshead team last season was better then there current team Maddison, Marwood and Magnay etc not there anymore they are missing them players i know he wasn't liked by the town fans but when i saw Maddison in the play offs i thought he looked a classy player and wasn't suprised he moved.

The players who impressed me the most last against us where Scott Brown, Toto Nsiala, Carl Magnay and Jack Mackreth who i have wanted us to sign since his Barrow days, and i was shocked when Magnay was released but its their loss our gain.

We have to play our game and get stuck in to Gateshead they like to play football on the ground so just close down the space and play to a high tempo.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 25
Brisbane Mariner
April 2, 2015, 4:59am

UTM!
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +12 / -2
Approval: +163
Quoted from 120790
Can't even think about Alfreton yet. Like the players, the fans need to just focus on the Gateshead game and take one step at a time.

Let's not get nervous. Let's all smile because that releases tension. Let's be happy with our terrific team and back them with confidence.

Do not get on their backs at Blundell Park. Only positive encouragement and support is needed. The same type of positive support that they get at away fixtures.

Good luck Town

could not agree more.  Feet planted firmly and taking the steps towards the goal. UTM

Its hard enough remembering my opinions without remembering my reasons for them!
Brisbane - beautiful one day and perfect the next! UTM!!!

Religion: An Idiotic holding of firm belief in an unknown entity. The more challenging it gets, the firmer the hold. Atheists are often condemned as enemies, infidels or morons. Strange rituals are performed at the weekend. My Religion is GTFC!
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 25 - 25
3 Pages 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Gateshead - one step at a time

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.