7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 All Recommend Thread
immariner
March 30, 2015, 11:31am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +3,406
Gold Stars: 60
There's nothing I can do about NFU winning the FA Trophy. Doesn't mean I have to like it. I dislike the fact that we lose money most years and Fenty picks up the tab. Though he's said he's not going to do it for much longer which will force us to run to revenue, which I'm not unhappy about, I'm not going to lie, even if it will make us a bit less competitive if we don't go up.

The difference between us and say Forest Green and Fleetwood etc is that we don't just chuck money at it, most of what Fenty has laid out over the years has been to cover 'unexpected losses' which was bound to happen as we tumbled down the leagues and paid off huge debts. If we chucked money at it in the way NFU do, then yes, I would find it hard to continue following Town for as long as that continued. When Portsmouth won the FA Cup after spunking over £100 million that they didn't have I was one of the few people I was aware of that wasn't happy for them. When they fell down to League 2, I felt really sorry for the fans but they were the same fans who lapped up the unsustainable success. Success that came at a huge cost to many local businesses who never saw their debts paid. I ramble.

As I alluded to, I don't expect most, if many, to agree with me. I must just see things a bit more black and white!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 64
immariner
March 30, 2015, 12:29pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +3,406
Gold Stars: 60
Back to the game:

Has anyone seen the comments Connor Jennings made to the press?

http://www.leaderlive.co.uk/ne.....l-substitutions.aspx
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 64
Mandy Dunnit vs Hettie
March 30, 2015, 12:39pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +1,468
Gold Stars: 15
Just noticed the attendance - 14,585 - we're taking more to Alfreton!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 64
Abdul19
March 30, 2015, 3:25pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,515
Gold Stars: 215
Quoted from immariner
Back to the game:

Has anyone seen the comments Connor Jennings made to the press?

http://www.leaderlive.co.uk/ne.....l-substitutions.aspx

Seems the board feel the same - sacked!

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 64
FishOutOfWater
March 30, 2015, 3:26pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.15
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,564
Gold Stars: 37
New manager time for Wrexham

http://www.wrexhamafc.co.uk/news/article/.-2366579.aspx

Hopefully they'll still be down in the dumps when they visit us at the end of next week
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 64 - 64
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › FA Trophy Final

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.