Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Kane:potential burnout?
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 128 Guests

Kane:potential burnout?

This thread currently has 2,735 views. Print
2 Pages 1 2 All Recommend Thread
TownSNAFU5
March 27, 2015, 6:15pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,773
Gold Stars: 41
With the dearth of English talent, there has been a lot of media hype on Kane.  He is very young, talented but with a lot of pressure on him already.  Like Henman in tennis, everything is put on his shoulders to deliver and succeed.

He can easily go the way of other young stars who succumbed to too much media hype and pressure.

Ross Barkley (and to a lesser extent Luke Shaw) have struggled this season. Do we expect too much, too soon from any young England player who shows excellent potential?  

Logged Offline
Private Message
pontoonlew
March 27, 2015, 6:19pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +36 / -15
Approval: +8,721
Gold Stars: 163
Kanes not just got potential now though, he's delivered. He's fulfilling it already, unlike Shaw and Barkley, who are still yet to really shine.

I think Kane will be just fine and Tim Sherwood deserves a massive pat on the back. In Kane and Mason we have two players who wouldn't had been in the Spurs side never mind the England side without him.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 17
grimsby pete
March 27, 2015, 6:28pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.83
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,753
Gold Stars: 221
Quoted from TownSNAFU5
With the dearth of English talent, there has been a lot of media hype on Kane.  He is very young, talented but with a lot of pressure on him already.  Like Henman in tennis, everything is put on his shoulders to deliver and succeed.

He can easily go the way of other young stars who succumbed to too much media hype and pressure.

Ross Barkley (and to a lesser extent Luke Shaw) have struggled this season. Do we expect too much, too soon from any young England player who shows excellent potential?  

Yes , these players burst onto the scene and we forget they are only young lads,

They should be given their chance but also given time to develop,

They should be used and rested in turn to avoid burn out,

Sterling is a prime example, he has a lot of talent but I think he needs a rest.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 17
Abdul19
March 27, 2015, 6:52pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.42
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,449
Gold Stars: 213
I know Tim Sherwood likes to congratulate himself for Harry Kane but he only started 6 league games for him last year whilst Mason didn't feature at all.

The credit belongs to the 2 players and Mauricio Pochettino.

The burnout thing is usually associated with 17/18 year old wonderkids. Kane is pushing 22 so maybe that's different, I dunno?

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 17
SamTheMariner
March 27, 2015, 7:05pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +4 / -1
Approval: -101
I think the hype is maybe too much and it may get to his head in the summer, like Barkley and Sterling hasn't been as brilliant this season as last.

[img]http://www.thisisgrimsby.co.uk/images/localworld/ugc-images/275785/Article/images/18946866/4836403.jpg[/img]

Diz, a leader, a goal scorer, a true pro

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 17
LH
March 27, 2015, 7:05pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,389
Gold Stars: 169
People are saying we shouldn't rush him but I completely disagree. He's ready and if anything not starting is more likely to dent his confidence than playing and not scoring.

Anyway 5/6/7-0 and I don't care who scores them.
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 17
LH
March 27, 2015, 7:07pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,389
Gold Stars: 169
Barkley's been injured hasn't he? I don't think any Liverpool players form will have benefitted from Suarez leaving either.
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 17
ginnywings
March 27, 2015, 7:15pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.05
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +55,972
Gold Stars: 537
Being able to perform at the top level is part of the talent isn't it? Plenty of players with skill never make it because they haven't got the mental strength to start with.

Doesn't seem to phase the Germans, Spanish, etc etc.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 17
TownSNAFU5
March 27, 2015, 9:17pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,773
Gold Stars: 41
He scored in the first minute of his debut.  All downhill now.  

I truly hope for him, and England,  that he is the real deal.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 17
Rick12
March 27, 2015, 9:55pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Quoted from pontoonlew
Kanes not just got potential now though, he's delivered. He's fulfilling it already, unlike Shaw and Barkley, who are still yet to really shine.

I think Kane will be just fine and Tim Sherwood deserves a massive pat on the back. In Kane and Mason we have two players who wouldn't had been in the Spurs side never mind the England side without him.
Sherwood always strikes me as a top guy.Dont surprise me that he helped Kane when he was with him

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 17
Rick12
March 27, 2015, 9:57pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Quoted from ginnywings
Being able to perform at the top level is part of the talent isn't it? Plenty of players with skill never make it because they haven't got the mental strength to start with.

Doesn't seem to phase the  Spanish, etc etc.
It did until Aragones came along and changed their mindset and playing style and a bit of luck along the way  

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 17
moosey_club
March 27, 2015, 11:15pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,141
Gold Stars: 220
Tony Daley.....classic case of a player who at the top of his game was not chosen by England.....Kane is bang on on his form and should be there, a goal within a minute...regardless of who you are playing ...is testament to that.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 17
Mrs Doyle
March 28, 2015, 7:03am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
I remember Owen bursting on the England scene but he soon got found out as a one trick pony. Kane though looks like he could be the real deal if he stays fit he as the right people around him.

Rooney still a cracking player no burn out there,

The most famous one of course was Norman Whiteside forced out at just 27 through a knee injury.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 17
lukeo
March 28, 2015, 7:09am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,304
Gold Stars: 133
Quoted from TownSNAFU5

At first i was annoyed Hodgson didn't start him but then when i see the system and formation i think Hodgson got it spot on last night. Weither Kane scored or not (what a way to make your debut by the way!) I think it was a good idea to give him 30 minutes. I'd have kept the same team v Italy but isn't raheem being given a break? If so straight swop for Kane or Wallcot. WE don't want to experiment anymore. Let's get a core 13/14 players playing together, with a system ready for the finals
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 17
mariner91
March 28, 2015, 9:26am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,248
Gold Stars: 253
Quoted from Mrs Doyle
I remember Owen bursting on the England scene but he soon got found out as a one trick pony. Kane though looks like he could be the real deal if he stays fit he as the right people around him.

Rooney still a cracking player no burn out there,

The most famous one of course was Norman Whiteside forced out at just 27 through a knee injury.

Harsh on Owen, he wasn't a one trick pony, he really did get burnt out. People forget how good he was before he did his hamstrings. He was a Ballon D'or winner!

Looking forward to a brighter future now Fenty has gone.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 17
Meza
March 28, 2015, 9:57am

We urine On Your Fish Yes we do yes we do
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.84
Rep Score: +78 / -3
Approval: +1,634
Gold Stars: 50
Midfield is still a worry for me not decided on Delph yet....Henderson i think will get better and Not sure what Barkleys position is.  Is it behind the strikers or a midfielder.

[URL=https://imgur.com/VCxdH2Y][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/VCxdH2Ys.jpg[/IMG][/URL][URL=https://imgur.com/uMRVvRe][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/uMRVvRes.jpg[/IMG][/URL][URL=https://imgur.com/5p7nllT][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/5p7nllTs.jpg[/IMG][/URL][URL=https://imgur.com/46BEw5M][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/46BEw5Ms.jpg[/IMG][/URL][URL=https://imgur.com/06NXnQF][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/06NXnQFs.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

My Grimsby Legends
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 17
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
March 28, 2015, 10:26am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.35
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from mariner91

Harsh on Owen, he wasn't a one trick pony, he really did get burnt out. People forget how good he was before he did his hamstrings. He was a Ballon D'or winner!

He was indeed. He was good enough to displace Fowler in the Liverpool side when Fowler was at his peak as a goalscorer.

Owen's problems were caused by poor training techniques and bad advice in my opinion. He was forced into excessive exercise to bulk up his physique and rapidly put on a lot of heavy thigh muscle and this was what caused his hamstring problems. Presumably the theory was to stop him being knocked off the ball too easily but in fact his body shape at the start of his career gave him the speed and agility to escape defenders as he did against Argentina. To a lesser extent I think this sort of training is still done nowadays and it does no favours to players like Wilshire for example to alter their natural physique.

Kane might be OK physically. He is already more or less mature in body shape. His problem will be in dealing with the mental side of the game. Rapid success means the only way is down. It's how he will deal with a few bad games that will define his future. And if he keeps doing well he will have the decision to make - stay at Spurs or go to a bigger club for the cash, a club where the style might not suit his game. Bale springs to mind.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 17
grimsby pete
March 28, 2015, 10:41am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.83
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,753
Gold Stars: 221
Quoted from Mrs Doyle
I remember Owen bursting on the England scene but he soon got found out as a one trick pony.

40 goals for England suggests it took a long time for him to be found out.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 17
2 Pages 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Kane:potential burnout?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.