This thread currently has 1,297 views. Print
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
jock dock tower
March 25, 2015, 5:01pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.78
Rep Score: +52 / -12
Approval: +3,165
Macclesfield playing Bristol Rovers in a 12.30pm kick off. Anything but a win for Bristol would see Town leapfrog them in the table if we win. If they lose we go a point clear, if they draw we go second on goal difference should we win. Rovers have only won 7 away games all season, so Macclesfield isn't the easiest place to go and get a result. As they've drawn 50% of their away games, I reckon a draw looks the most likely outcome.

Barnet are away at Alfreton, who are undefeated themselves in the last 6 games, but still only 5 points above the relegation spot. Could be a real ding dong of a game, and I genuinely think Alfreton are capable of getting something out of the game.

Eastleigh are away at Gateshead, although those two clubs now seem to be battling it out with 3 or 4 other clubs to try and get into the play offs.

Woking are away at Chester, and we're all aware of their capabilities at home! Chester heading for their highest Conference placing will be difficult to beat.

Forest Green at Sincil Bank, and look set for 3 points to cement their play off place.

Town at Welling, who have won only 5 home games all season, drawing 8 and losing the other 5. Should be 3 points for Town, and if they have the impetus to go second following a good result at Macclesfield who knows what might happen?

As well as being on a superb run, Town have benefited well over the last few weeks with other results largely going in their favour, and I can see that happening again this week. Looks set for a really exciting next few games. Hate to tempt fate but I reckon Town are going to do it without recourse to the play offs. UTM.

No attempt at ethical or social seduction can eradicate from my heart a deep burning hatred of the Tory party. So far as I'm concerned they're lower than vermin. Aneurin Bevan.
Logged Offline
Private Message
mariner tommy
March 25, 2015, 5:09pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.70
Rep Score: +10 / -5
Approval: +1,745
Alfreton and Macclesfield, home wins please
Welling ? well, enough said. Away win.
Everything else below us doesn't matter.

UTM

"Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its students."  ..Hector Berlioz, 1856.
                                   “I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"  ...Voltaire, 1694-1778

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 7
Abdul19
March 25, 2015, 5:41pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.82
Rep Score: +67 / -27
Approval: +11,198
If Welling play anything like how they did on tv a couple of weeks ago then we have no excuses.

“I hit the ball as though it owed me money.”
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 7
LH
March 25, 2015, 5:44pm

Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +27 / -10
Approval: +10,836
Quoted from Abdul19
If Welling play anything like how they did on tv a couple of weeks ago then we have no excuses.

I wasn't the only one who saw it then. What a rubbish day for telly that was.
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 7
Abdul19
March 25, 2015, 5:47pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.82
Rep Score: +67 / -27
Approval: +11,198
Quoted from LH

I wasn't the only one who saw it then. What a rubbish day for telly that was.

The highlight (and only highlight) was Clem bollocking the Welling gaffer for swearing.

“I hit the ball as though it owed me money.”
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 7
LH
March 25, 2015, 5:51pm

Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +27 / -10
Approval: +10,836
He got more than a few swears from me when he asked me how I felt after the match at Burton - the moonfaced twit!
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 7
Mrs Doyle
March 25, 2015, 6:02pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
At the moment I would just be pleased just to keep the run going and beat Welling anything else would be a bonus.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 7
devs
March 25, 2015, 6:14pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +3 / -2
Approval: +1,051
and if we draw/lose please keep the comments 'sensible' and no silly Hurst out rants... unless he brings Parslow on with 14 mins left and we surrender the lead
He did the same sort of thing last night - Brown for Palmer - and we held on, we all had kittens, it was scary, but we won
Hurst is like a lot of managers, he plays the percentages; 80% (minimum?) of the time you are 1-0/2-0 up with a few minutes left you end up winning

Would much prefer a like for like substitution as it keeps the shape but in PH I trust

Barnet and BR must be looking over theor shoulders now...we have nothing to lose in a way as we were 12pts behind a few weeks ago so didn't expect any of this.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 7
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Saturday could be tasty

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.