ackomariner
March 24, 2015, 1:48pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Rep Score: +20 / -8
Approval: +1,216
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from moosey_club
Sounds like a Paul Hurst viewpoint to me...not a disaster if we draw....to stand a good chance of the title we need to win every remaining game, end of.
Its ok looking up but a draw keeps teams below us in touching distance also, we need to maintain the pressure not only on Barnet but on the BRovers and Macc too, get them to concede they are only playing for the play off's.
As you say...while mathematically a draw makes little difference over a win on the future results needed to catch Barnet it just gives others something to fight for.

We need to send out a strong message this evening that we are title contenders and try to dent the hopes of the rest of the top 5 while doing so.

UTM.

This

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 23
GrimRob
March 24, 2015, 2:03pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,397
Gold Stars: 113
Lots of teams blow big leads every year. Kevin Keegan was my personal favourite....

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 11 - 23
Biccys
March 24, 2015, 2:40pm
Posts Per Day: 2.04
Rep Score: +55 / -22
Approval: +1,226
Gold Stars: 27
Quoted from Abdul19
A draw is nearer a loss than a win.

Not really. One goal either way is either of the 2 opposing results...

@biccysthefishy

£110,105

[url]https://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/mariners-trust/[/url]
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 12 - 23
ivanosandwich
March 24, 2015, 3:40pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +8 / -1
Approval: +1,468
Gold Stars: 16
Quoted from GrimRob
Lots of teams blow big leads every year. Kevin Keegan was my personal favourite....

Thought you were going to say Monica Lewinsky
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 23
TownSNAFU5
March 24, 2015, 3:42pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,863
Gold Stars: 42
That is below the belt!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 23
Paris Mariner
March 24, 2015, 3:59pm
www.theliquidfootballblog.wordpress.com
Main Stander
Posts Per Day: 0.53
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +809
We need 3 points. End of.

bilbaogroundguide.wordpress.com
ingoldale.tumblr.com Football and gig ticket blog
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 15 - 23
chaos33
March 24, 2015, 4:06pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,871
Gold Stars: 353
I understand the OP and think it raises some interesting points. To be honest, it just makes me all the more angry that Hurst threw away those 2 points against Chester. But, what's done is done and we need a result tonight - preferably a win.

What I would say is that Dover away is a tough game at this level, and that IMO there is no such thing as an 'easy run in' when you're trying to get promoted or avoid relegation. I agree that there are plenty of twists to come, and we have to go and play with freedom and confidence. The title is Barnet's to lose, and that brings its own pressure. Let's see how they deal with it.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 23
Paris Mariner
March 24, 2015, 4:11pm
www.theliquidfootballblog.wordpress.com
Main Stander
Posts Per Day: 0.53
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +809
Quoted from chaos33
I understand the OP and think it raises some interesting points. To be honest, it just makes me all the more angry that Hurst threw away those 2 points against Chester. But, what's done is done and we need a result tonight - preferably a win.

What I would say is that Dover away is a tough game at this level, and that IMO there is no such thing as an 'easy run in' when you're trying to get promoted or avoid relegation. I agree that there are plenty of twists to come, and we have to go and play with freedom and confidence. The title is Barnet's to lose, and that brings its own pressure. Let's see how they deal with it.

This very true, so, ideally (as I will be going to this game) we'll do a Man City last season and secure the title at the death at Southport away leaving us time to nick the title with minimum amount of time to handle this pressure and celebrate the victory at a full Blundell Park.

bilbaogroundguide.wordpress.com
ingoldale.tumblr.com Football and gig ticket blog
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 17 - 23
Mrs Doyle
March 24, 2015, 4:30pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
Don't blame the Chester match we lost twice against Lincoln plus our home form when the defence was weaker cost us a lot of points.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 23
TownSNAFU5
March 24, 2015, 5:19pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,863
Gold Stars: 42

This post is encouraging (to us) from the Barnet Board last Sat:

Grimsby major concern!
Postby ssagrin1 » 21 Mar 2015, 20:10
Having studied remaining fixtures for ourselves and close rivals, Grimsby appear to have far easier games than that if us and rovers ( excluding their game next week v mac).

They are on a seriously good run and are right on our coattails.

They play away on Tuesday at Dover and a win will see them just 3 points adrift of us .

I think they are in with an excellent shout all be it they rely on us and rovers losing points and that could be next week!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 23
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Making up the difference

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.