Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Bowler hats, bow ties and false moustaches anyone?
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 308 Guests

Bowler hats, bow ties and false moustaches anyone?

This thread currently has 3,381 views. Print
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Fcukthescunts
March 23, 2015, 8:43pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.22
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +776
I think we just need to stick to simple themes that were sorted weeks ago. Hi viz at Alferton and suit & Boot at Southport.
Should we play Barnet in play off then that should be inflatables and if FGR then inflatables plus Hi viz.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 19
HackneyHaddock
March 23, 2015, 9:01pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.34
Rep Score: +17 / -1
Approval: +3,619
Gold Stars: 1
It's fun to learn what happens at other clubs, but I also agree with others who would like us to keep it original, which is what has worked well so far.

I think for now, just keep the scarves at the park thing going and try to turn that into some sort of pre-match ritual/routine.  From then on, perhaps the club could look at having an annual vintage/retro day, where the club celebrates the heritage of the town, remembers fans no longer with us, and rekindles memories.  That could work well.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 19
ska face
March 23, 2015, 10:08pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,641
Gold Stars: 840
Don't get me wrong, I've nothing but admiration for these young lads. They're the absolute balderdash and have made aways more fun than I've had for years.

It's the recent spate of suggestions on here that aren't much cop.
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 19
immariner
March 23, 2015, 10:28pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +3,411
Gold Stars: 60
I agree. They've done an amazing job at improving the atmosphere away from home. It would be great to hear a few more classic Town songs and maybe some original new ones.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 19
Brisbane Mariner
March 24, 2015, 1:52am

UTM!
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.19
Rep Score: +12 / -2
Approval: +163
The old trawlermen used to go to sea in a suit and tie and flat cap, and they'd dock in the same gear - who needs a bowler hat!

And to the point well made - why be like everyone else. Black and White scarves, Harry Haddocks and 'Sing when we're fishing!' will do nicely!

Its hard enough remembering my opinions without remembering my reasons for them!
Brisbane - beautiful one day and perfect the next! UTM!!!

Religion: An Idiotic holding of firm belief in an unknown entity. The more challenging it gets, the firmer the hold. Atheists are often condemned as enemies, infidels or morons. Strange rituals are performed at the weekend. My Religion is GTFC!
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 14 - 19
Mrs Doyle
March 24, 2015, 3:40am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
The old Pontoon fish workers white coats anyone?  oh yeah that was old school lol. Nah scarves will do.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 19
WOZOFGRIMSBY
March 24, 2015, 5:54am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,816
Gold Stars: 178
Quoted from ska face
Why don't we just start playing "you'll never walk alone", taking celery to matches and singing "no-one likes us"?

I remember back in the late 80's especially, we used to sing the 1st and 3rd of these in the ponny (les?) mate.

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 19
March 24, 2015, 4:38pm
Guest User
Home games,  ALL Black and WHITE plus as many Harry H's as possible, make BP a Black and White fortress as it used to be . c'mon Town back to the league.
Reply: 17 - 19
gary_elton
March 24, 2015, 4:41pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.20
Rep Score: +23 / -6
Approval: +1,243
Gold Stars: 6
As has been said... let's do our own thing... Preston prob nicked the idea of a fans dress-up day from us anyway....    UTFM  !!!!  Hi Viz at Alfreton  !!!!

All my pictures , Seem to fade to black and white.... (Reg Dwight)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 19
Les Brechin
March 24, 2015, 11:36pm

Posts Per Day: 4.17
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,701
Gold Stars: 174
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY

I remember back in the late 80's especially, we used to sing the 1st and 3rd of these in the ponny (les?) mate.

Yeah defintely but the "You'll Never Walk Alone" was nothing like the way the Liverpool fans sing it. It was like a disjointed version of the song. "You'll Nev---er Walk----Alone, You'll Nev--er Walk---Al--one.

If that makes sense.

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 19
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Bowler hats, bow ties and false moustaches anyone?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.