Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.20
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,336
Gold Stars: 820
Quoted from forza ivano

Lol
I'm only watching it coz Braintree dartford isn't on catch up tv

Don't think anyone's said Braintree are worth a watch, have they?

Each to their own, but I struggle to sit through the nauseating sycophancy that surrounds these matches. We had the build up on in the background, and whoever was hosting the show almost disappeared up Messi's sphincter because he had a good match against Man City, describing it as "one of the greatest performances in the history of the game". Someone pass me the flipping bucket.

I also find the (widely accepted) view that you're some kind of footballing heathen if you don't drop to your knees and worship at the feet of these gel-haired twits particularly laughable.
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 26
gtfc82
March 22, 2015, 10:58pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Approval: +616
Quoted from Tommy

Some terrible acting from Mascherano, Suarez and Ronaldo.

To name but a few! The diving and feigning injures was frankly pathetic!
Give me a proper game with HONEST footballers anyday!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 26
Maringer
March 22, 2015, 11:30pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.86
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,140
Gold Stars: 180
Decent winning goal by Suarez, but nothing out of the ordinary. Kroos strikes me as a lazy so and so. A better-class Huddlestone, if you will. Not willing to break into a sweat even when his team is chasing the game.

That one in the first half where Suarez got his player booked showed great ingenuity. He was certainly knocked off his feet but clutched his calf when the player hadn't got anywhere near his legs. Surely he must practise that sort of thing in training to get it to look almost believable for the referee?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 26
moosey_club
March 23, 2015, 9:42am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,141
Gold Stars: 220
Quoted from Maringer
Decent winning goal by Suarez, but nothing out of the ordinary. Kroos strikes me as a lazy so and so. A better-class Huddlestone, if you will. Not willing to break into a sweat even when his team is chasing the game.

That one in the first half where Suarez got his player booked showed great ingenuity. He was certainly knocked off his feet but clutched his calf when the player hadn't got anywhere near his legs. Surely he must practise that sort of thing in training to get it to look almost believable for the referee?

unfortunatley its just not continental football anymore, Burton on Saturday over exaggerrated Magnays push, David de Gea yesterday...now i know he got trod on by Skrtel but for the first few seconds he was prostrate seemingly in agony..then he jumps up right as rain to have verbals with Skrtel and when the ref arrived he limped off again.....unfortunately modern football is full of cheats and unscrupulous behaviour...actually has been for a long time but in the modern era you just see it more because of the TV coverage....in the old days an off the ball incident pretty much went unnoticed until you saw someone just laid on the floor with a nose bleed.

My opinion on TV evidence/ fourth or fifth officials reviewing footage has changed in the last couple of seasons, i think it needs to happen to catch and eradicate the current trend of simulation, diving, wrong identities, spitting etc.  Unfortunatley without massive investment from the FA it couldnt trickle down the leagues due to the amount of cameras required but while they have the technology at Premier/ Champions/Europa/European and World Cup levels then why not use it?

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 26
cmackenzie4
March 23, 2015, 9:47am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 11.29
Rep Score: +130 / -10
Approval: +14,320
Gold Stars: 33
Quoted from ska face

Don't think anyone's said Braintree are worth a watch, have they?

Each to their own, but I struggle to sit through the nauseating sycophancy that surrounds these matches. We had the build up on in the background, and whoever was hosting the show almost disappeared up Messi's sphincter because he had a good match against Man City, describing it as "one of the greatest performances in the history of the game". Someone pass me the flipping bucket.

I also find the (widely accepted) view that you're some kind of footballing heathen if you don't drop to your knees and worship at the feet of these gel-haired twits particularly laughable.

+1   spot on mate!

Grimsby and proud!
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 26
RoboCod
March 23, 2015, 10:37am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
The best and worst of Suarez, flashes of brilliance from Messi but overall a little subdued.
Piquet was just immaculate.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 26
diehardmariner
March 23, 2015, 11:16am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.97
Rep Score: +35 / -7
Approval: +17,062
Gold Stars: 518
Can't be bothered with the rolling around.

I'll watch the wrestling for that.
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 26
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › El classico

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.