Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Prediction come Saturday 5pm..
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 213 Guests

Prediction come Saturday 5pm..

This thread currently has 5,707 views. Print
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
pizzzza
March 23, 2015, 4:01pm

Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 1.06
Rep Score: +20 / -10
Approval: +6,700
Gold Stars: 137
Look, I can almost guarantee that none of Barnet, Bristol Rovers or us will win all our remaining fixtures. Points will be dropped thats for sure. It will just be a case of who can capitalise.

Its will be a rollercoaster so just tighten your belt and enjoy the ride!  
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 32
BIGChris
March 23, 2015, 4:06pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.97
Rep Score: +70 / -24
Approval: +2,654
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from pizzzza
Look, I can almost guarantee that none of Barnet, Bristol Rovers or us will win all our remaining fixtures. Points will be dropped thats for sure. It will just be a case of who can capitalise.

Its will be a rollercoaster so just tighten your belt and enjoy the ride!  

Absolutely!
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 32
excusebeef
March 23, 2015, 4:19pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +8 / -1
Approval: +296
Halifax key for me. They have playoff spot to chase. Do Barnet not have to play Halifax yet?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 32
cmackenzie4
March 23, 2015, 5:41pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 11.27
Rep Score: +130 / -10
Approval: +14,335
Gold Stars: 33
If we get 2 big wins with a hatful of goals,  Barnet lose and Bristol draw we could be top Saturday  I know it's a massive ask but it could be done, 4.0 tomorrow night and 6.0 Saturday.  

I can dream can't i?  

Grimsby and proud!
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 32
acko338
March 23, 2015, 6:27pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +43 / -6
Approval: +3,225
Gold Stars: 33
We need three teams to each draw against Brizzle and Barnet - need both to drop 6 points, not by losses necessarily, but by draws against teams who give 110% for play off places, or struggling against relegation.

We also need to win all of the remaining cup final games, as each one now seems !!

....... and.....3 honest strikers now equally vying for 2 places - love it !!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 32
immariner
March 23, 2015, 8:22pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +3,405
Gold Stars: 59
Not gonna make a prediction as it's impossible to call. Seems most have gone for what they would like, not what they think will happen, which doesn't need anyone to type anything. We all know what that is.

*Cliché alert*

We have 8 cup finals. We can win them all, individually, it's when you start thinking about them as a whole that things start to unravel and the task seems a lot less likely and confidence judders. The players aren't allowed to think like that. They go over the white line at Dover and they try and score more than the opposition. Then, and only then, they think about Welling and how they can do it to them. We, as supporters should be the same. Support them in the moment as best we can. Then move on to the next game..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 32
mimma
March 23, 2015, 8:52pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.44
Rep Score: +15 / -2
Approval: +5,568
Gold Stars: 78
I think that Barnet are a different team without Akinde. If he gets injured or suspended, I can't see them winning many without him.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 32
Abdul19
March 23, 2015, 9:51pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,513
Gold Stars: 215
Quoted from immariner
Not gonna make a prediction as it's impossible to call. Seems most have gone for what they would like, not what they think will happen, which doesn't need anyone to type anything. We all know what that is.

*Cliché alert*

We have 8 cup finals. We can win them all, individually, it's when you start thinking about them as a whole that things start to unravel and the task seems a lot less likely and confidence judders. The players aren't allowed to think like that. They go over the white line at Dover and they try and score more than the opposition. Then, and only then, they think about Welling and how they can do it to them. We, as supporters should be the same. Support them in the moment as best we can. Then move on to the next game..

It may be a cliché but it's spot on!

Attempting to guess form in 3 weeks time is a complete waste of time really (although I have plenty of time to waste!)

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 32
Teestogreen
March 25, 2015, 7:16pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: -134
Gold Stars: 22
Quoted from KingstonMariner

I'm sure if it came to it, plenty of us London area Mariners would happily put players up if it was a question of the club not being able to afford hotels.

The missus can sleep in the girls' room, I'll have the sofa, Lennie can have our bed and little Jack can have the box room.  

(I actually mean that too).

So presumably, Town are staying in the Kent / London area preparing for the Welling game - a massive game. Given that many people have said how many Town players were below their best at Dover (a brilliant victory given the performances of the players - we're told), the worst preparation would be to travel back to Grimsby and then travel back again to Welling. I just hope we don't underestimate Welling - (I saw them on BT Sport as well a couple of weeks ago and they weren't very good but you never know - Telford seem to have improved all of a sudden, as Braintree found out)

Blundell Park - The Home of Grimsby Town Football Club (still)  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 32
Abdul19
March 25, 2015, 7:46pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,513
Gold Stars: 215
I'd be shocked if they are

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 32
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Prediction come Saturday 5pm..

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.