Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Grismby Town Forum - The Fishy GTFC Fishy Boards Archive › Ultimate excrement storm thread !!!
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 316 Guests

Ultimate excrement storm thread !!!

This thread currently has 5,651 views. Print
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 All Recommend Thread
ginnywings
March 14, 2015, 5:51pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.05
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +55,972
Gold Stars: 538
No shitstorm from me. He did what i expected he would do, which is why i'm not a fan. Fortune favours the brave and he aint brave. He talks about the play offs from about mid season and couple that with bringing on a defender in midfiled when in Brown, we have one of the best midfielders in the Conference last season. Also Jolley, who could have replaced Palmer. It all puts the wrong message in the minds of the players.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 37
cmackenzie4
March 14, 2015, 5:54pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 11.29
Rep Score: +130 / -10
Approval: +14,320
Gold Stars: 33
Agreed Pete.

Grimsby and proud!
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 37
RichMariner
March 14, 2015, 5:57pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +42 / -4
Approval: +9,109
Gold Stars: 204
While Palmer was on the pitch they were never going to get back into it.

We were brave enough to go searching for a second when 1-0 up, so why can't we be brave enough to go for three when 2-0 up?

When I checked the BBC match stats after an hour, Chester hadn't even had a shot on target.

I've supported Hurst throughout, and I still have hope he'll do a job for us, but that doesn't mean to say I agree with everything he does.

He got it so, so wrong today after a number of warnings.

"Don't shine that light in my face, mate - I've just lost a pint of blood."
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 32 - 37
Jaws
March 14, 2015, 6:28pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: +1,306
Gold Stars: 11
The manager made a mistake and it cost us,fair enough. But we're still undefeated in 5, 4 consecutive wins then a draw isn't bad.

The last game (until today) that we should have really asked questions of Hurst was the 1-1 draw with Telford back in November, since then we've only dropped points against Forest Green, Bristol Rovers, Macc, Lincoln - which in truth are all tough games but to have beaten Barnet twice and possibly derailed the season probably balances that out.

We could easily have a replica of last weekend, beating Eastleigh and Barnet/Brizzle losing.

Hurst is punching above his weight, in theory anything in the playoffs or above is a personal achievement for him as much as it isn't for the rest of us.
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 37
Quagmire
March 14, 2015, 6:49pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +19 / 0
Approval: +929
Gold Stars: 43
Looking forward to a Hurst-free GTFC next season.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 37
grimsby pete
March 14, 2015, 6:54pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.83
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,753
Gold Stars: 221
Who are the happier fans tonight,

Us who were 2-0 up,

Or Bristol Rovers who were 2-0 down,?

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 37
TownSNAFU5
March 14, 2015, 6:56pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,773
Gold Stars: 41
Subs should be considered and made on an individual game basis.  Chester were poor at the back and could easily have conceded more goals.  As long as we pressured them.

Going forward, they carried a intermittent but a potential threat, if given any encouragement .Suicidal therefore, to give them the opportunity and invite them to attack more.  Just as it proved.  And all this in less than a quarter of the game.  Madness.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 37
Fcukthescunts
March 14, 2015, 8:51pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.22
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +776
We were running the show and then he changed it around. Had Chester bought a striker for a defender when we went 2-0 up then maybe just maybe replace a striker with Parslow but instead Hurst just gave Burr the platform to exploit us when they weren't even in game. So p1ssed off right now.  
Let's back the team and go again UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 37
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 All Recommend Thread
Print

Grismby Town Forum - The Fishy GTFC Fishy Boards Archive › Ultimate excrement storm thread !!!

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.