Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Ultimate excrement storm thread !!!
Users Browsing Forum
AdSense and 174 Guests

Ultimate excrement storm thread !!!

This thread currently has 5,668 views. Print
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
LongEatonMariner
March 14, 2015, 5:02pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.25
Rep Score: +12 / -6
Approval: +1,037
Gold Stars: 1
I'm probably seen as pro Hurst on here, but it's not the first time he's made that swap bringing Parslow on for a striker. We always look worse for it and today it has cost us points.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 37
grimsby pete
March 14, 2015, 5:06pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.81
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,779
Gold Stars: 222
Hurst is too defensive minded,

He will rather defend a 2-0 lead than go for a 3rd or 4th,

He has to learn from his mistakes,

Today's mistake could cost us automatic promotion.

Don't do it again Paul !!!!!!!

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 37
jungleland
March 14, 2015, 5:07pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +3 / -3
Approval: +124
Will he be man enough to say I fvcked up today   I would like to think so but I doubt it
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 37
Theimperialcoroner
March 14, 2015, 5:08pm

Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +47 / -4
Approval: +5,138
Gold Stars: 102
I can't really believe what I've just seen. That's flipping kids football naive. He'll come on RH and bleat about Palmer being injured or protected but that's balderdash, he's just chucked away our last real chance of the title with one ridiculous substitution.

Batch, Crombie, Moore K, Wiggington, Cumming, Waters, Bonnyman, Ford, Emson, Drinkell, Whymark. Love you all, You are the reason I'm on here. You've had help from Todd, Handyside, Futcher P, Groves, Mendonca, Macca etc etc etc. Up The Mariners!!!!!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 37
Freemoash88
March 14, 2015, 5:08pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +893
Gold Stars: 2
Sorry people just abit of light hearted banter. I'm drunk off like the rest you but still plenty of games left and barnet and Bristol are not as consistant as they was I still feel they both drop points.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 37
Fishfinger
March 14, 2015, 5:09pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.51
Rep Score: +46 / -6
Approval: +144
Gutted! Absolutely gutted. I hope Hurst is man enough to admit he made a mistake in his interview....
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 37
essexexile
March 14, 2015, 5:11pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +185
Gold Stars: 1
Couldn't believe it when Parslow came on and cost us - now conceded 3 goals with defender for striker sub in last 2 games. This hurts Hurst, could have gone back to 3rd.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 37
sonofmadeleymariner
March 14, 2015, 5:11pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.89
Rep Score: +19 / -10
Approval: +1,452
Gold Stars: 37
I will always place blame where blame is due, I have taken the blame with my play calling with American football I've blamed players for their mistakes in the past and Hurst in the past but today Hurst is completely to blame, why change a formation when you are on top! I can understand personal changes to keep players fit but you don't change your formation unless you absolutely must

I don't mind Roy Keane making £60,000 a week. I was making the same when I was playing. The only difference was I was printing my own - Mickey Thomas

The area you are trying to protect at corners is the goal - Chris Kamara

I once said Gazza's IQ was less than his shirt number and he asked me: What's an IQ? - George Best
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 37
WHYWONTYOULETMESIGNUP
March 14, 2015, 5:17pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.64
Rep Score: +16 / -2
Approval: +3,689
Gold Stars: 72
The thing no ones mentioned yet today though, is that it's clear now that the manager must also give the players the same defensive mentality when it comes to defending leads, we've seen almost every game we've won a reluctance to continue attacking once were ahead, and most visibly in the draw at altrincham, do we have a team capable of dominating this league that needs unleashing or do his defensive tactics get us points where we others might not have, I think I've seen us drop more points due to being defensive personally, and think this years league is actually really poor and previous conference winners would've all gone up with 100+ points for certain
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 37
Sigone
March 14, 2015, 5:17pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.35
Rep Score: +12 / -4
Approval: +1,615
Gold Stars: 5
As another poster said why put parslow on instead of brown..changing formation I can sort of get..to get control of midfield and close the game out..but not parslow...surely I wasn't the only one disappointed when we extended his loan.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 37
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Ultimate excrement storm thread !!!

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.