Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Grismby Town Forum - The Fishy GTFC Fishy Boards Archive › The Building Of A Stand
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 311 Guests

The Building Of A Stand

This thread currently has 1,600 views. Print
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
promotion plaice
March 14, 2015, 12:03am

Posts Per Day: 3.84
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +16,962
Gold Stars: 189

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Online
Private Message
moosey_club
March 14, 2015, 3:01am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,143
Gold Stars: 220
That is cracking...hopefully they are to release more.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 5
KingstonMariner
March 14, 2015, 8:24am
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.12
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
We need several of these videos.

This one does a fairly good job on saying why we need a new stadium, but we need others focusing on what benefits a new stadium will bring*, and on why Peaks Parkway is the best site, and one on how the objections of local residents can be overcome (rather than just dismissing them as NIMBYism). And they need to be available through several different channels (beyond the club site and YouTube).

As it stands this one is good at preaching to the converted but I can't see many neutrals spending 18 plus minutes watching it let alone antis.

* Dave Roberts was the only one in my opinion (and maybe Graham Rodger(s)   ) who really touched on this. Some more specific examples would be good.

Bit of a missed opportunity too by not actually taking the camera around the facilities behind the scenes at BP.  They really are shocking and I bet not a lot of people realise this.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 5
grimsby pete
March 14, 2015, 10:03am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.83
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,753
Gold Stars: 221
I would rather watch them building a new stadium.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 5
TownSNAFU5
March 14, 2015, 11:18am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,774
Gold Stars: 41
Cannot believe that bloke standing upright on top of the UF stand. Probably a strong breeze blowing as well.

Maybe he was a Town fan who thought about jumping as he had insight into our league position in 30 years time?  

I believe that when the Barratt Stand was demolished, they found that there were no foundations.  It stood upright only supported by its own weight.  No wonder it rocked when full. (It would not have passed pass a Health and Safety check then, never mind now).  
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 5
immariner
March 14, 2015, 1:07pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +3,395
Gold Stars: 59
Any empty units in Freshney? Could be an idea to set up shop (not Lenny) in there, selling the idea to the people of the area.

The relocation is for the benefit of the entire community. Non-football fans must be made aware of the benefits it will bring, namely jobs, recreation and education. It's not just about Grimsby Town, it's about Grimsby, the Town.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 5
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Grismby Town Forum - The Fishy GTFC Fishy Boards Archive › The Building Of A Stand

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.