This thread currently has 5,368 views. Print
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
biggles9999
March 12, 2015, 3:34pm
Main Stander
Posts Per Day: 0.51
Rep Score: +24 / -12
Approval: +367
The same page links to the wages for Liverpool players...

Henderson is listed at being 200k a week and Gerrard at 65k. I think its fair to say it isnt the most reliable website going.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 12
jock dock tower
March 12, 2015, 4:45pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.38
Rep Score: +55 / -12
Approval: +3,164
Quoted from Chrisblor
I was at Accrington v Portsmouth on Saturday. Jed Wallace was absolutely awful (but he still is their best player by miles this season). On the other hand, Rob Atkinson had a decent game for Stanley, especially since they had to see the last half hour out with 10 men.

Looking at those supposed wage figures, i'd be astonished if Adam Webster is on anything close to £2.5k a week. He's still quite young, was on loan at Aldershot last season and hasn't really broke into their first team this year.

I was also there, and believe me, there's not one of the Pompey players that's worth anything like the kind of wages they're supposedly getting.

Was there because I'd organised a programme fair at the Stanley Social Club on the Sunday, which turned out to be a very good event raising a few hundred pounds for their Supporters Club.

In the Crown before the game, having a pint or three of the superb Old Golden Hen, and the place was mobbed with Pompey fans, and it was all very good natured.

Best laugh of the day was seeing the Stanley catering establishment at the back of the stand. It wasn't in house, but was serviced by the outside catering of Burnley FC, who had a big blue and purple van parked outside with all their services being highlighted along the side. On the back door was the funniest thing I've ever seen on any van "Please note, there are no pies kept in this van overnight" Priceless!

No attempt at ethical or social seduction can eradicate from my heart a deep burning hatred of the Tory party. So far as I'm concerned they're lower than vermin. Aneurin Bevan.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 12
The_Laughing_Mariner
March 12, 2015, 4:55pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.48
Rep Score: +17 / -5
Approval: +1,040
Gold Stars: 10
Excellent pub the Crown

<'(((((<

When I was a little boy
I asked my daddy what would i be
would I be United, would i be Leeds
Here's what he said to me

Oh Grimsby Grimsby
Whatever will be will be
You'll follow then faithfully
Oh Grimsby Grimsby

Tell me Mam me Mam
I dont want no tea no tea
I'm watching the Grimsby
Tell me Mam me mam
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 12
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Pompey Player Wages

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.