2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
scrumble
March 12, 2015, 7:56am

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +12 / -2
Approval: +978
Gold Stars: 10
So you don't think he should pay anything towards the upkeep of his child? While he was building up his business, free of the obligation of paying of his offspring, and the amount of time raising a child takes, his ex was tied to the home. Had his ex-wife said "Here, you have the kid." Would he have what he has now? Had she not been the one looking after the child she could have built herself a decent career and income.

If there wasn't a child involved I'd wave it off as a gold digging exercise. But maybe I'm biased because I'm a step-father to three kids, and in the last five years given more financial and emotional support to them than their biological father did in the previous thirteen.

Byddwn ond yn canu pan fyddwn yn pysgota
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 17
samg
March 12, 2015, 8:06am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +17 / -2
Approval: +373
Gold Stars: 7
Quoted from scrumble
So you don't think he should pay anything towards the upkeep of his child? While he was building up his business, free of the obligation of paying of his offspring, and the amount of time raising a child takes, his ex was tied to the home. Had his ex-wife said "Here, you have the kid." Would he have what he has now? Had she not been the one looking after the child she could have built herself a decent career and income.

If there wasn't a child involved I'd wave it off as a gold digging exercise. But maybe I'm biased because I'm a step-father to three kids, and in the last five years given more financial and emotional support to them than their biological father did in the previous thirteen.

Spot on - Exactly what I thought
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 17
grimsby pete
March 12, 2015, 11:18am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.83
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,753
Gold Stars: 221
Quoted from KingstonMariner
She hasn't been awarded anything yet. Only the right to apply. the previous court case said she couldn't even claim this late on. It's all to play for.

And for what it's worth she shouldn't get a penny in my opinion. He was living in an old ambulance when they divorced.

You could say that their marriage was an accident waiting to happen then,

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 17
KingstonMariner
March 12, 2015, 11:48pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.12
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from scrumble

At the time the kid was growing up Vince didn't have his fortune. And do we know he never paid any maintenance during that time? Do we know what contact he had with the kid and if he didn't have contact was that necessarily his fault. I know of more cases where the ex-wife has prevented access than cases where the bloke has been willingly absent.

Obviously now he has a fortune he may want to help his son (and may well have) but he doesn't necessarily owe his ex a bean.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 17
grimsby pete
March 13, 2015, 9:58am

Exile
I read they had only been married for two years,

Then in yesterdays Mail it says  eleven years,

It will make a difference when it goes to court,

So which is true ?

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 17
WOZOFGRIMSBY
March 14, 2015, 8:53am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,759
Gold Stars: 177
Who cares!

He’s one of our loans
He’s one of our loans
Harvey Cartwright
He’s one of our loans
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 17
Rodley Mariner
March 14, 2015, 9:16am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.37
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,215
Gold Stars: 176
Quoted from KingstonMariner

At the time the kid was growing up Vince didn't have his fortune. And do we know he never paid any maintenance during that time? Do we know what contact he had with the kid and if he didn't have contact was that necessarily his fault. I know of more cases where the ex-wife has prevented access than cases where the bloke has been willingly absent.

Obviously now he has a fortune he may want to help his son (and may well have) but he doesn't necessarily owe his ex a bean.

He paid nothing and left his ex with a baby to raise on her own. He went travelling for 7 years. Surely the fact his ex was restricted by the sole-parenting of their child whilst he, responsibility free, set up his business is a clear reason he owes her. Don't really see why anybody would side with him having read about the case.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 17
grimsby pete
March 14, 2015, 9:57am

Exile
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY
Who cares!

She does and so does he.

She because she wants some money,

He because he does not want to give her any,

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 17
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Forest Green Rovers

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.