Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Can you remember what promotion feels like?
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 242 Guests

Can you remember what promotion feels like?

This thread currently has 8,083 views. Print
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 All Recommend Thread
Biccys
March 12, 2015, 3:12pm
Posts Per Day: 2.04
Rep Score: +55 / -22
Approval: +1,226
Gold Stars: 27
Quoted from sutton mariner
I'm 18.. Feel for me

I'm not allowed to do that any more.....  

@biccysthefishy

£110,105

[url]https://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/mariners-trust/[/url]
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 60 - 63
Caesar
March 12, 2015, 4:47pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +12 / -2
Approval: +1,799
Started supporting Town just after the Buckley double promotions so didn't experience those.  Obviously though remember the Wembley double quite well as was the year I moved to secondary school, loved shoving my fantastic experiences in the faces of all thos plastic premeir league fans.  Feeling was quite sensational, is hard to put down in words how happy that occassion was, can still recall screaming at the ref to blow the whistle and then finally it going.  As others have said the 6 minutes felt nerve wracking at the time but on t.v. Northampton really were not as threatening as I remembered.  

Getting back into the football league will beat that by a long way though.  Then I was lucky enough just to experience it, if/when it happens I will really feel I have earnt it and deserve the experience as oppossed to just being a lucky kid getting into football at the right time.  Always have to give massive respect for those Town fans on here (or at the games of course, anyway in fact) who don't have those memories to cling to!

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 63
MarinerWY
March 12, 2015, 11:34pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +11 / -5
Approval: +1,988
Gold Stars: 47
Quoted from Biccys
Can I just bring everyone back down to earth by telling them that when (if) we go up this year, we're going up to the bottom tier of League football.

For the 16 year old Town fan on this thread, for example, that won't matter one jot.

So no, no you may not  
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 63
KingstonMariner
March 12, 2015, 11:36pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
17 years is probably the longest this club has ever gone without a promotion. I was lucky enough to see a promotion in my first season (71-72). My son, now 17, is yet to see one and half-jokingly asked me on the way home from Woking why I hadn't taken him to the Wembley games in 98.

It's obviously been a character building experience because despite living in an area dominated by Chelsea (they even have one of their disgustingly lurid blue and yellow shops in Kingston town centre) - his second club is Wimbledon.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 63
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Can you remember what promotion feels like?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.