Marinerz93
March 18, 2015, 5:22pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.57
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from Rodley Mariner

I know what Maslow's hierarchy is and the idea behind that bottom tier is those are the things essential to life. So if you are starving or freezing you won't care about anything else. It has no relevance to a fat millionaire wanting a steak rather than a sandwich. If I hit somebody at work because I wasn't happy with the food they offered me then I'd get sacked. As for what you think the argument should be about - it isn't. It's about if he should be sacked for hitting someone because he wanted a steak.

Again, we don't know if Clarkson was antagonised into allegedly punching the producer which, is the main point I was trying to raise.  The fact that Clarkson is a fat millionaire as you describe has no bearing because someone who had been working in the elements didn't have a warm meal whether it be steak or fish and chips is a factor in their mental state.

If it is the case that Clarkson punched the producer because he didn't get steak taking out any underlining reasons then I fully agree he should be shown the door.

It seems to me that certain high profile male figures have an open season on them and without all the facts, it's one of the biggest band wagons we've seen rolling around this year.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 37
Marinerz93
March 18, 2015, 5:24pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from LH

I've eaten various animals unwittingly after the pongo chefs trusted a Kenyan local to do the meat order. The horsemeat scandal didn't scare me - put it that way.

Typical Liney, dropping exotic locations,  

I was hoping you'd come back with 'you've eaten worse pie from a Bop night'  

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 37
grimsby pete
March 18, 2015, 5:30pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.81
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,779
Gold Stars: 222
We have only heard half the story,

It will be interesting to find out what did happen,

Clarkeson reported the incident himself the other guy did not,

Clarkeson denies punching him but there was a scuffle,

They had been filming all day and were late for dinner and the kitchen staff had gone home,

If I had been working all day I would want a hot meal,

It will all come out in the wash as they say,

Nearly 1 million have signed for him to be reinstated now.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 37
LH
March 18, 2015, 7:32pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,462
Gold Stars: 172
Quoted from Marinerz93

Typical Liney, dropping exotic locations,  

I was hoping you'd come back with 'you've eaten worse pie from a Bop night'  

Not for me. The fat content in the "pies" at the bop is too high.
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 37
Marinerz93
March 18, 2015, 9:38pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from LH

Not for me. The fat content in the "pies" at the bop is too high.

That's more like it Leon  

Private Message
Reply: 34 - 37
TownSNAFU5
March 19, 2015, 2:39pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,841
Gold Stars: 42
Clarkson has slipped down the food chain.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 37
July 2, 2016, 3:00pm
Guest User
Apparently things have gone from bad to worse for Chris Evans as now even his co-workers want him out!
I watched the first episode of this 'Top Gear' with the new cast but it was rubbish and haven't seen another episode since. It was very cringe to watch as the new lot tried an on-screen camaraderie as if they'd been friends for years unlike the original 3 who have been for many years
I look forward to Clarkson's new show: The Grand Tour
Reply: 36 - 37
Maringer
July 2, 2016, 10:38pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,382
Gold Stars: 184
Top Gear has been too crap to watch for some years now. Clarkson and Co were just shite in the few episodes I saw from the last few series. Tedious dialogue, rubbish 'stunts' and especially terrible jokes. The shark was well and truly jumped in my opinion. Some of the earlier stuff from years ago was entertaining, but I think Clarkson began to believe his own hype too much and his two toadies didn't offer anything interesting. Does anybody really think it's funny to watch middle-aged pretend to accidentally crash caravans any more?

That said, I've not watched a single second of this series. If it's worse than the stuff from the past few years, it must be truly dreadful.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 37
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Topgear

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.