4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
LH
March 16, 2015, 8:49pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,461
Gold Stars: 172
Quoted from Marinerz93

The first level of Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs is air, food, drink, shelter, warmth, sex, sleep regardless of social standing.  You don't know what food was promised or how tired Clarkson was after his day of filming in the elements.  These 'massive talents' as described by David Cameron, live in a world were their requests are met and they get what they want and we the paying public give them enough money for them to expect anything and everything.

The real debate should be the limit on these people's wages and what is standard food allowance.  When I was in the Forces you didn't get much of a choice because the food was rationed to less than what prisoners were allowed.  The company I work for now puts me up in a four star hotel with a £25 food and drink allowance when I am ever doing any training or at meetings.

I'd like to look at the facts when they come out and I'm not a fan of Clarkson. We don't know if he was baited into reacting, some of these producers can be nasty pieces of work just like any other management role.

Haha! Don't get much of a choice? Don't talk daft! Your hotels have dropped a star rather than it being a step up!
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 37
Marinerz93
March 16, 2015, 9:12pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.57
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from LH

Haha! Don't get much of a choice? Don't talk daft! Your hotels have dropped a star rather than it being a step up!

You forget Leon, I used to do the power and lighting for the chef's, they turn dog meat in Michelin star quality, they should be called miracle workers  

Come back after you've eaten some of that compo sausage they dish out after the sausage with lips and cheeks has run out  

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 37
LH
March 16, 2015, 9:20pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,461
Gold Stars: 172
Quoted from Marinerz93

You forget Leon, I used to do the power and lighting for the chef's, they turn dog meat in Michelin star quality, they should be called miracle workers  

Come back after you've eaten some of that compo sausage they dish out after the sausage with lips and cheeks has run out  

I've eaten various animals unwittingly after the pongo chefs trusted a Kenyan local to do the meat order. The horsemeat scandal didn't scare me - put it that way.
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 37
Rodley Mariner
March 16, 2015, 9:41pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.37
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,237
Gold Stars: 176
Quoted from Marinerz93

The first level of Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs is air, food, drink, shelter, warmth, sex, sleep regardless of social standing.  You don't know what food was promised or how tired Clarkson was after his day of filming in the elements.  These 'massive talents' as described by David Cameron, live in a world were their requests are met and they get what they want and we the paying public give them enough money for them to expect anything and everything.

The real debate should be the limit on these people's wages and what is standard food allowance.  When I was in the Forces you didn't get much of a choice because the food was rationed to less than what prisoners were allowed.  The company I work for now puts me up in a four star hotel with a £25 food and drink allowance when I am ever doing any training or at meetings.

I'd like to look at the facts when they come out and I'm not a fan of Clarkson. We don't know if he was baited into reacting, some of these producers can be nasty pieces of work just like any other management role.

I know what Maslow's hierarchy is and the idea behind that bottom tier is those are the things essential to life. So if you are starving or freezing you won't care about anything else. It has no relevance to a fat millionaire wanting a steak rather than a sandwich. If I hit somebody at work because I wasn't happy with the food they offered me then I'd get sacked. As for what you think the argument should be about - it isn't. It's about if he should be sacked for hitting someone because he wanted a steak.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 37
Southwark Mariner
March 17, 2015, 1:32am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,537
Gold Stars: 81
I think football is a very good comparison. What if Liam Hearn had punched a fellow player around the 20 goal mark in his first season...would we be so judgmental? Would we want to get rid of him? What if Jeremy Clarkson had punched the Richard Brodie of BBC Producers?

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 37
barralad
March 17, 2015, 7:42pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,263
Gold Stars: 121
What I find sad (I cannot stand the man or his programme) is that over half a million people have signed the petition to keep him-a figure that dwarfs campaigns to ban female genital mutilation, save forests from privatisation etc. etc.

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 37
itsnotcoditshaddock
March 17, 2015, 8:23pm

Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +4 / -3
Approval: +312
Quoted from psgmariner
Don't like him or the Top Gear "banter". I hope they sack him but the BBC makes millions of his presence on the show so perhaps another final warning.

If I had to watch a programme about men and cars it would definitely be Guy Martin not Top Gear. Seems a really nice bloke and that programme about India was really interesting.

I've been told from a few people that have met Guy Martin that he's actually a bit of an bottom off camera.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 37
chaos33
March 17, 2015, 8:59pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,864
Gold Stars: 353
May I strongly recommend watching this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7CnMQ4L9Pc

It sums up the way I feel perfectly.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 37
ginnywings
March 17, 2015, 11:06pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.04
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,084
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from chaos33

Beautifully done.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 37
mariner91
March 17, 2015, 11:09pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,543
Gold Stars: 258
Quoted from chaos33

Mr Lee's finest work.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 37
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Topgear

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.