March 9, 2015, 5:32pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,658
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from Jarmo.Is.God

if the form at the bottom of your post are correct - WWLLWWWLLWWWW

We are changing them draws into wins ! 9 wins out of 13 is not bad going - 27 points out of 39 = just over 2 points per game, promotion form

7 wins out of the last 9. If we repeat that over our last 9 games we will get to 89 points. One more win and we might just sneak it.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 18
grimsby pete
March 9, 2015, 5:57pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,797
Gold Stars: 222
I think we can only afford to drop 4 points 5 at the most,

That would give us 90 or 91 points,

We have a better goal difference than Rovers so they might need 92 points,

If they reach that total, well good luck to them,

We will just have to win the play offs,

BTW  Does anybody know what the champions receive in prize money,

Compared to winning the play offs ?

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 18
supertown
March 9, 2015, 10:01pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +25 / -9
Approval: +3,439
Gold Stars: 53
after the highly unlikely results on Saturday, anything can happen against any team. We are likely to lose a game against someone we are expected to beat as will others.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 18
Grimal
March 9, 2015, 11:14pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +2,858
Gold Stars: 9
Quoted from RonMariner

Very true.

And look at Barnet. At one point they were a mile clear of the pack and could do no wrong. It looked like they would run away with it and were by far the best team in the division. Yet now I think they have lost 5 of their last 7 or 8 matches. All teams have a bad run sooner or later.

I think it's still possible for us.  

Ron, can you word your last sentence a bit different please,not sure if you mean us win the title or us have a bad run   .

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 18
bradzmilne
March 9, 2015, 11:15pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +40 / -7
Approval: +1,400
Gold Stars: 29
We've nothing to fear IMO, well not at this stage anyway.
Keep the momentum going and the 3 points keep accumulating I'm sure the teams around us will drop points. That said, I'm fairly confident we will too but one thing I will say is it won't be through lack of effort. The players look like they genuinely appreciate the effort the fans are putting in and relishing playing in front of the black and white army. I see Pitman say that this is the first time he's enjoying his football in 3 years - hardly surprising is it? I'm sure this is what you dream of as a lower league pro.
Like others pointed out Mansfield won the league from a very similar position as us a few years back, so it is possible. If next Saturday goes our way... Things really could get exciting
I do need to stop fantasying over a Augero style last minute winner on the last day by Magnay though  

Sleep well Icey, Matty and Richard. Keep each other company up there xx

4 Relegations in 18 Years - John Fenty’s legacy.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 18
RonMariner
March 10, 2015, 8:50am

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,658
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from Grimal

Ron, can you word your last sentence a bit different please,not sure if you mean us win the title or us have a bad run   .

Both are possible, but I am hoping it's the former rather than the latter that applies in our case.....
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 18
CairnsMariner
March 10, 2015, 9:02am

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +9 / -1
Approval: +21
Quoted from Jarmo.Is.God

if the form at the bottom of your post are correct - WWLLWWWLLWWWW

We are changing them draws into wins ! 9 wins out of 13 is not bad going - 27 points out of 39 = just over 2 points per game, promotion form

I was thinking the exact same thing. When you look at it laid out like that, it is a pretty impressive run of results.

Whilst it still seems improbable to me, as acko indicated earlier, maybe we can do what Mansfield did a couple of years back. They looked very unlikely champions for much of that season and tho I wouldn't bet my house on it, we are in with a fighting chance.

UTM

There's a crooked street in Grimsby Town
It's a well worn path I've travelled down
Now there's ruin in my name, I wish i'd never got off the train
And I wish I'd listened to the words you said....
...Don't go down to Freeman Street
Don't go down to Freeman Street
You'll be lost and never found
You can never turn around
Don't go down to Freeman Street

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 18
RoboCod
March 10, 2015, 9:20am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
This League truly is a marathon and not a sprint. We've always topped the table too early, a wobble is always around the corner and Bristol are due one, if it hits home now it shouldn't be too much of a surprise. We have to go on on a winning run, and a little rub of the green is always helpful.

A 1500 meter race is a better analogy, the winner invariably takes the leader on the last bend.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 18
ginnywings
March 10, 2015, 10:37am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,108
Gold Stars: 548
One thing is for sure. The league is tighter than it has been in previous seasons and there is no impossible to catch, runaway leader. Any of the top 5 can still win it and i think the top spot may change hands a few times now. Nobody is winning games comfortably, except maybe FGR, who are in great form. If only Hannah had buried that chance there at 1-1......................................
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 18
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › title contenders fixtures

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.