Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Time to believe!!!!
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 318 Guests

Time to believe!!!!

This thread currently has 4,868 views. Print
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Rick12
March 7, 2015, 11:33pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Looking at the table its a lot closer than I anticipated prior to the 3pm kickoffs.Still think its a long shot but all  I can say is take each game as it comes and play to the best of their ability's till the end of the season.

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 25
horsforthmariner
March 8, 2015, 12:48am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +2,610
Gold Stars: 9
If you look at our run in we've got a lot of teams who have absolutely nothing to play for now, only Eastleigh and perhaps Alfreton (although they may well be safe by Easter weekend).

I think we are now genuine contenders. I think it'll boil down to us or brizzle. Barnet are clearly falling apart and Macc have the hardest run in. Brizzle are favourites but I can see us doing it.

I like the options we have going forward now and unlike earlier in the season we seem to be getting the rub of the green. I also think we are really benefiting from losing in the tinpot trophy.

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 25
Rick12
March 8, 2015, 8:39am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Quoted from grimsby pete

Fairy tales do come true sometimes.
In football they sometimes do.Ones that stand out for me are Liverpools comeback in the champions league final  against AC Milan and Spains remarkable historic treble.I have some Spanish friends and never thought they would win a world cup yet alone win three tournaments on the bounce considering in the past they were bottlers.Other memorable mentions in recent time incude Wigans survival in the prem around 2 -3 seasons back and Tony Pulis Crystal Palace team who managed to survive last season against the odds

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 25
Caesar
March 8, 2015, 8:48am

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +12 / -2
Approval: +1,799
This is true, after Brizzle at home I was devestated as I had got my hopes up and they had been dashed, I promised myself I would only focus on playoffs as don't want to get my hopes up but after Barnet I couldn't help looking upwards, 3 more wins and the top 2 slipping up how can I not get excited.  We definately can do this thing! And if it doesn't come off hopefully we will at least be going into the playoffs in form unlike last 2 years when we limped over the line!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 25
Spiritater
March 8, 2015, 9:05am
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Approval: +138
As an outsider I did say a couple of months ago that it is achievable to win it. I hope you lot do win it, you've had your time down there same as we did and you now will forever know and appreciate what it takes to get back to the FL. GOOD LUCK, and more than ever you need to back your boys with a heavy footfall through the turnstiles and help see them back to the Promised land.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 25
Theimperialcoroner
March 8, 2015, 9:39am

Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +47 / -4
Approval: +5,187
Gold Stars: 102
Personally think we need to now be unbeaten til season end and only drop two points if we are to win the title. That's a big ask, but not impossible. I'll only start getting excited when we hit the top. Next week is as much of a banana skin as yesterday. Many coming games fall into this category, the players need to see it like this and maybe, just maybe we'll get there.

Batch, Crombie, Moore K, Wiggington, Cumming, Waters, Bonnyman, Ford, Emson, Drinkell, Whymark. Love you all, You are the reason I'm on here. You've had help from Todd, Handyside, Futcher P, Groves, Mendonca, Macca etc etc etc. Up The Mariners!!!!!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 25
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Time to believe!!!!

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.