ginnywings
March 7, 2015, 1:05pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,101
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from nickmariners

Well - you may be the Pevsner of the Pontoon, and your confidence in the developers suggest that Grimsby has been wonderfully transformed in past 30 years. You live there, I don't, so clearly you are happy with the dog's breakfast that much of Gy has become (though Cleethorpes front area has been renovated well).

But in my opinion (and opinions are granted holy status on this website), Grimsby and district is not over-blessed with anything to do with its heritage.

If New is Good, Old is Bad, let's demolish the Dock Tower while we are at it.

I like BP, I enjoy going to a real football ground, I value those memories and that history, and for me the Dartford and the MK dons models are 2nd rate. A properly refurbbed BP is my own preference, and yes, I do think it may be possible to build an economic case around that as well as my stuck-in-the-past emotive one.

Now, Woking here I come

You have made a massive assumption that i don't treasure those things in your other post. I'm far from a capitalist either. I'd love us to stay at a refurbished BP but it isn't viable. Your reference to Pevsner makes you sound like some kind of social tourist who is happy to return " home" for your kick of nostalgia and then intercourse off back to the "proper town" you moved away to.

Grimsby may be a "dog's breakfast" as you put it but without a new ground, Town may well go out of business altogether. Where would you get your nostalgia fix then?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 60
ackomariner
March 7, 2015, 1:12pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Rep Score: +20 / -8
Approval: +1,216
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from nickmariners

Well - you may be the Pevsner of the Pontoon, and your confidence in the developers suggest that Grimsby has been wonderfully transformed in past 30 years. You live there, I don't, so clearly you are happy with the dog's breakfast that much of Gy has become (though Cleethorpes front area has been renovated well).

But in my opinion (and opinions are granted holy status on this website), Grimsby and district is not over-blessed with anything to do with its heritage.

If New is Good, Old is Bad, let's demolish the Dock Tower while we are at it.

I like BP, I enjoy going to a real football ground, I value those memories and that history, and for me the Dartford and the MK dons models are 2nd rate. A properly refurbbed BP is my own preference, and yes, I do think it may be possible to build an economic case around that as well as my stuck-in-the-past emotive one.

Now, Woking here I come

Exactly right on having an opinion on the matter......but you don't want a new stadium and want to keep the heritage of the town, but don't live here anymore.

Well I do live here and for the good of the town and people who still live here, the club need to relocate and the sooner the better otherwise we might not have a club anymore

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 60
realist
March 7, 2015, 1:49pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +5 / -18
Approval: -2,684
Gold Stars: 41
The people who live here and the town would continue just as well without a club or a new stadium.  Until you accept we are in the minority you will get nowhere with your argument
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 60
realist
March 7, 2015, 1:57pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +5 / -18
Approval: -2,684
Gold Stars: 41
Quoted from BIGChris
Current land can and will be used for housing but it is NOT green belt. Nowhere in NE LIncs is designated green belt nearest being in South Yorks or around York

Maybe not green belt but its designation is as as close as you can get to green belt within an urban area
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 60
ackomariner
March 7, 2015, 3:20pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Rep Score: +20 / -8
Approval: +1,216
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from realist
The people who live here and the town would continue just as well without a club or a new stadium.  Until you accept we are in the minority you will get nowhere with your argument

Ok mate, but I don't think I'm in the minority wanting the stadium built.

So I'll accept nothing and hope it gets built and argue till my hearts content if that's alright with you

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 60
barralad
March 7, 2015, 6:10pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,289
Gold Stars: 126
......rushes to google to find out which team Pevsner plays for....

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 60
tashee69
March 7, 2015, 6:17pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.32
Rep Score: +28 / -4
Approval: +958
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from realist

Maybe not green belt but its designation is as as close as you can get to green belt within an urban area

Braintrees effort last week maybe not be a goal but as close to a goal you're gonna get

Baldrick ! The only impression you can do is that of a man with no talent !!
GTFC team 09/10 - Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick.
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 60
tashee69
March 7, 2015, 6:21pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.32
Rep Score: +28 / -4
Approval: +958
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from barralad
......rushes to google to find out which team Pevsner plays for....

He played for that team that was written about in Private Eye, think it was Neasden. He was their 50 year old 4 foot 8 inch Haiti central defender who scored bucket loads of own goals every game.

Baldrick ! The only impression you can do is that of a man with no talent !!
GTFC team 09/10 - Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick.
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 60
barralad
March 7, 2015, 6:23pm
Mariners Trust
Quoted from realist

Should your user-name be surrealist perhaps?

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 60
barralad
March 7, 2015, 6:24pm
Mariners Trust
Quoted from tashee69

He played for that team that was written about in Private Eye, think it was Neasden. He was their 50 year old 4 foot 8 inch Haiti central defender who scored bucket loads of own goals every game.

Ah! Alongside Ron Knee?

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 60
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Peaks Parkway Allotments

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.